Guest Cantw8

First Sauna Experience - Pointe 202

Long time lurker. First time poster. 

Went to Pointe 202 tonight. Thought I was all ready with all my questions to ask etc. but I think the language barrier was an issue. Of course my Google Translate doesn’t work offline, and the wifi isn’t great.

But I was sitting with a guy (I can’t even remember his name now) and told him I was pasivo and that I liked to suck and get fucked. I asked him how much and he said 300R. I told him that was way too much and he brought it down in increments of 20 until he got to 200R which I then agreed to. I realize that was probably my first mistake because I know it’s higher than the rates I see in the other posts, but I was willing. Anyhow, we got started. Some kissing. I was blowing him, things were going great but then he asked if I wanted him to gozada. Which I understood. I said yes, thinking that he would cum after fucking me. But then when I went back to sucking him, he came. He then asked if I wanted to come, but I told him that I had wanted to get fucked. Obviously there was some confusion when he had asked me about gozada. I tried to explain why I hadn’t cum via google translate but it didn’t work. So we went downstairs...I paid him and then we went and sat at the bar. Google translate suddenly started working and he saw that I had said I wanted to cum while getting fucked. Of course it was too late by that point. So he asked if I wanted his friend to fuck me, but like, I had already spent 200R plus whatever the room cost for literally 10 minutes of sucking dick and he said his friend wanted 100R. Needless to say, I didn’t  because I was already mad at myself for not being clearer with the first guy.

So my first sauna experience wasn’t really what I had hoped  I understand I probably should have negotiated him lower, but that aside I am literally furious with myself for paying 280R (including the room cost) to suck dick for 10 minutes and I didn’t even get to come :( I’m mainly just venting, and realize I’m partly to blame, but it just wasn’t fun :( 

2 hours ago, Cantw8 said:

Went to Pointe 202 tonight. Thought I was all ready with all my questions to ask etc. but I think the language barrier was an issue. Of course my Google Translate doesn’t work offline, and the wifi isn’t great.

But I was sitting with a guy (I can’t even remember his name now) and told him I was pasivo and that I liked to suck and get fucked. I asked him how much and he said 300R. I told him that was way too much and he brought it down in increments of 20 until he got to 200R which I then agreed to. I realize that was probably my first mistake because I know it’s higher than the rates I see in the other posts, but I was willing. Anyhow, we got started. Some kissing. I was blowing him, things were going great but then he asked if I wanted him to gozada. Which I understood. I said yes, thinking that he would cum after fucking me. But then when I went back to sucking him, he came. He then asked if I wanted to come, but I told him that I had wanted to get fucked. Obviously there was some confusion when he had asked me about gozada. I tried to explain why I hadn’t cum via google translate but it didn’t work. So we went downstairs...I paid him and then we went and sat at the bar. Google translate suddenly started working and he saw that I had said I wanted to cum while getting fucked. Of course it was too late by that point. So he asked if I wanted his friend to fuck me, but like, I had already spent 200R plus whatever the room cost for literally 10 minutes of sucking dick and he said his friend wanted 100R. Needless to say, I didn’t  because I was already mad at myself for not being clearer with the first guy.

So my first sauna experience wasn’t really what I had hoped  I understand I probably should have negotiated him lower, but that aside I am literally furious with myself for paying 280R (including the room cost) to suck dick for 10 minutes and I didn’t even get to come :( I’m mainly just venting, and realize I’m partly to blame, but it just wasn’t fun :( 

You gave him around 60 bucks for a blow job...you would definitely pay more in the states....no biggie...

Try learning some basic terms before going to the sauna and knowing your non negotiables as far as how much you will pay....

I get the being upset but you are out of the country and Im sure you would be paying more to suck a dude in the states who looks like the guy in the sauna

Enjoy your trip and bone up on your Portuguese...

I did have Google translator offline set-up and I had downloaded the English and Portuguese dictionaries, but it doesn’t work, at least on my iPhone. It’s a known issue, but of course I should have tried it offline before I got there. 

• Members

If you can still remember college, just consider it part of your “hazing” as a newbie. It’s no different from a New York tourist getting conned out of a $20 for a fake watch. As the saying goes, “just charge it to the game”. It’s part of the learning process. If you don’t get back on the saddle, then it will never get better.

Regarding the translation of dirty / sex words, simply copy and paste the words and their corresponding English translations into your “notes” or storage section of your phone so that you can always refer to it offline.

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

Cantw8, I was at Pointe last month and never once was asked to pay over 100R. The guys will come down even if they do ask a higher rate to start. They are just trying to see what you will pay. If you pay 200, thee other guys soon find out.

While there are some standard rates...rates will vary depending on the guy...How much or little he is in demand...the time of year...Is it summer when the saunas are booming or is is winter when you definitely will get better rates...How many other guys are in the sauna

Also, take into account the attractiveness of the person who is doing the hiring...While nobody wants to admit it, based on how attractive overall you are to the worker, that may be where your your price quote comes into play....While they are there to make money, I have seem guys get quoted different rates based on their age, weight, etc...

4 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

...While nobody wants to admit it, based on how attractive overall you are to the worker, that may be where your your price quote comes into play....While they are there to make money, I have seem guys get quoted different rates based on their age, weight, etc...

Oh that's why.  No garotos ever quote me more than R200 with gozada. And even if the garotos quote me R200, they quickly came down to R120 or R100 when I declined.   I was literally chased down the hallway by garotos at 117.  It was fun.  LOL.

• Members
10 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I made similar mistakes on my first visit and I quickly learned.  I won't even begin to talk about the boy I hired in Sao Paulo for 500 USD per day.  Worth it?  Yes.  But, stupid on my part.

The horror story of my first visit involved me timidly sitting inside the sauna for about 3 hours non stop trying to avoid glances (don't ask why!)... and then, after all that, I was approached by a bearded Uruguayan guy... we agreed the 100R (I'd read the forum)... went up to the room... and he insisted on sucking with a condom (the first and only time this has happened to me in Brazil)... but we did the business and all was fine.

On the payment front... I guess we're all fairly clued up that 100R is cost of a programa in a room

But what would people consider the standard cost of a night spent in your hotel?

And as TotallyOz mentions, hiring someone for the day?

30 minutes ago, PopeFrancis said:

The horror story of my first visit involved me timidly sitting inside the sauna for about 3 hours non stop trying to avoid glances (don't ask why!)... and then, after all that, I was approached by a bearded Uruguayan guy... we agreed the 100R (I'd read the forum)... went up to the room... and he insisted on sucking with a condom (the first and only time this has happened to me in Brazil)... but we did the business and all was fine.

On the payment front... I guess we're all fairly clued up that 100R is cost of a programa in a room

But what would people consider the standard cost of a night spent in your hotel?

And as TotallyOz mentions, hiring someone for the day?

Again, this will vary based on who the guy is and what he wants to charge...

I pay about 200R for a hotel visit and have only had a few guys spend the night...I prefer non sauna workers to stay over...

i have the running rate is about 300R for an overnight

I would guys that 300-500R for a day would be ideal but again....this is based on what you are doing....are you going to the beach, are you going to Lapa or clubs? 

Do you speak any Portuguese?  

I wouldnt suggest hiring somebody for overnight or for a day if you dont speak any of the language or they dont speak English or whatever language you speak....

Keep in mind, all of this as well as your ability to negotiate AND how attractive the worker may find you or how hard up they are for money, will determine how much you end up paying....

Here is my approach.  I pay garotos for sex, not for companionship (or perhaps because I haven't met a garoto that I want to spend time with outside of bed..LOL).  Instead,  I go online to find companionship (sometimes sex too).  My companions are all under 30, above average looking, all speak passable English.  I pay for companions meals and entertainment, but I don't pay the companions. Some stayed overnight, some didn't. I usually first meet them for a drink(on me).  If there is good chemistry, I continue further...such as VIP drink ticket to clubs, and/or dinners at nice restaurants in Jardins(SP) or Ipanema(Rio) because I enjoy nice dinner place myself, and it's boring to eat at these places alone.  Those club tickets or dinners run at a minimum of USD50 per person.  More than half of these guys enjoyed it and did repeat.

• Members

I may have shared this story here before, but on several trips to Brazil (Rio, Sampa, Bahia), I have gone with or met up with several of my USA travel friends there. Usually, my friends and I are on or around the same level of age, build and attractiveness, but one of my best buds who I also feel comfortable traveling with is very overweight. In almost every case, he ends up paying more for his dates than the rest of us do. I’ve taught him the generally accepted range for garotos, massages and just pay dates in the various Brazilian cities, and he’s almost always on the higher end of that range and often over. I asked some of the GPs that I know in Portuguese if they could do me a favor and drop their prices for my friend, and sometimes the answer has been, “mais ele é muito grande” (but he is really big) — not necessary meaning that they won’t do it, but that they consider that more work, and thus should be compensated accordingly.

BTW, my large friend has never really complained. He has always said that he had the times of his life both times he met me in Brazil, and he knows that whatever he pays there, even at an elevated rate, is pennies compared to what he would pay in the USA.

• Members
21 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

BTW, my large friend has never really complained. He has always said that he had the times of his life both times he met me in Brazil, and he knows that whatever he pays there, even at an elevated rate, is pennies compared to what he would pay in the USA.

I wish "ALL" travelers to Brazil who frequent the saunas would consider the last words here "...and he knows that whatever he pays there, even at an elevated rate, is pennies compared to what he would pay in the USA."  PRECISELY!

From 2002 until around 2011-- the base rate or fee requested at the saunas was R$50 - R$70.  Today's apparently is R$100 and upwards.  Know the exchange rates before writing a post about your having paid the "sauna boy" more than one had liked.  

Before I took the "great leap" to visit my now favorite country and some of its cities and towns, the Amazon included as well as Foz do Ig..., I read everything at www.daddysreviews.com; I asked salient questions about the sauna scene as well as some of the cultural attributes, etc.  I had a gay carioca travel agent (now sadly deceased) who assisted greatly.   My experiences at the saunas, 4 in Rio at the time, went rather well because I'd taken the advice and guidance that was given to me by the men who'd visited previously. 

Yes, we all have encountered some peculiar situations, but smile and reflect and say to self that you'd learned from whatever negative situation that transpired.

40 minutes ago, axiom2001 said:

I wish "ALL" travelers to Brazil who frequent the saunas would consider the last words here "...and he knows that whatever he pays there, even at an elevated rate, is pennies compared to what he would pay in the USA."  PRECISELY!

Perhaps he had never hired a prostitute in the U.S. and  did not know what to expect. 

• Members
1 hour ago, KevinC said:

Perhaps he had never hired a prostitute in the U.S. and  did not know what to expect. 

It’s also cheaper than any regular movie date or dinner date going out in the USA.

And those are never guaranteed to give you a nut at the end. 

• Members
On 10/22/2017 at 7:20 AM, Cantw8 said:

I did have Google translator offline set-up and I had downloaded the English and Portuguese dictionaries, but it doesn’t work, at least on my iPhone. It’s a known issue, but of course I should have tried it offline before I got there. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/portuguese-translator-offline-english-dictionary/id990633814?mt=8

This one says it works offline. Anyone tried it? 

• Members
On 21.10.2017 at 11:23 PM, Cantw8 said:

Cantw8 - if you asked me: there is the going rate (100 this time, right?) - and that is it!! Ok, the GP may quote a bit more - he  normally comes down immediately. Afterwards, in case he performed better you expected, you may tip him - what i did in many cases.

But - as a rule - I would not pay much confidence in the service of a hot ass trying to cheat you with such overreached demands; leave him alone - there are plenty of more decent and modest sexworkers in the sauna, whose personality goes along with their extremely hot looks.

Moreover: hard bargaining while the preliminaries means - at least to me - a big turn off! Beware!

I am sure you will  - pretty soon - successfully settle in that marvelous, unique world of Brazilian men - dont be embarressed!

And welcome in the community!