Lucky

Kevin Spacey

• Members

Why do you suppose that Anthony Rapp held on to his secret about Kevin Spacey for all these years? Why now? Does he just want to get on the bandwagon? Is it fair for him to spring that on Spacey without warning? Or is the product of a new age where all past sins are fair game?

There is no evidence that Spacey has ever done such a thing since. I am not a big fan of his, but the attention this is getting seems beyond proportional. He's not a Harvey Weinstein. If he were, then I would understand this late revelation better. I hope Rapp has no one waiting to reveal some error that he made long ago...or even recently.

(And I hope that it isn't necessary to say that I don't think Spacey behaved well with Rapp on this incident. He was definitely in the wrong.)

5 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

I think Onefinger is being too harsh on Spacey.  Such an indiscretion could happen to many of us under the influence of drugs, including alcohol.

There is a view that when drugs loosen inhibitions, then one behaves MORE as one truly is, not less.

I don't know what to believe or not. But, I would not let my 14 year old attend any party alone.  EVER.  My mother would not have let me attend one either.  My question is why do parents not supervise their kids? To me this is odd.

I thought Spacey was out for years.  I had no idea he was closeted. But, I guess I was wrong on that.

I saw Rapp in Rent over 30 times and loved him in the show.

• Members

At 14, you already have a somewhat developed sense of your "sexuality"... What was their relationship like before the encounter ?

Perhaps Rapp lusted over "the older man" ?   Ultimately, Spacey was the ADULT and Rapp the minor, but if Rapp came onto Spacey, Spacey used the poorest judgement, and ultimately, nothing Really happened.   

Guest Larstrup
20 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I think Onefinger is being too harsh on Spacey.  Such an indiscretion could happen to many of us under the influence of drugs, including alcohol.

I'm often sickened at the ignorance and selfishness of some people who confuse and conflate their personal responsibility, calling them indiscretions, while at the very nature of their behavior is criminal activity, while being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 

Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on those whose indiscretions have resulted in the many deaths of innocent people while driving their cars so intoxicated that they were incapable of not killing others by doing so.

Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on those whose indiscretions have resulted in the many deaths of innocent people while so intoxicated they pulled out a hand gun and killed someone because they couldn't control their anger because of their intoxication.

I could go on, but I won't.

Here's an idea! The next time anyone does something illegal while intoxicated - let's just call it an indiscretion and blame it on their inability to know the difference between right and wrong. Because that's exactly what kjun12 is suggesting here.

Guest Larstrup
1 hour ago, kjun12 said:

We are all entitled to our opinions.  You have expressed yours as I have expressed mine.  My further belief is that you are being too harsh on Spacey.

That’s probably because you would rather excuse your, Or someone else’s behavior due to their alcohol and drug usage  and just call it an indiscretion.  

I am not by any means worthy of calling another man’s indiscretions worse than my own, but if we’re going to put an end to what’s happening here, then someone needs to stand up and say my behavior was wrong and be held liable for it. 

In Kevin Spacey’s situation I believe that’s already being done for him by those who find his behavior disgraceful, simply because the time is right to do so for them. And that’s unfortunate but that’s the society which we live in right now.

I suspect that many of those making decisions  on behalf of  Kevin Spacey’s career,  have closets of their own filled with indiscretions.

Not unlike civil rights and not unlike equal rights it all has to start somewhere.

That’s simply how we all evolve into better human beings.That’s simply how we all evolve into better human beings.

Guest Larstrup

It’s interesting that Lucky complains about non-participation here, yet he posts this thread here and is absent in any further conversation of it. Yet he’s again posted a new thread about yet another dead celebrity of whom he seems to be obsessed with,  based on his only posts here  in the past few months?

It’s curious behavior but who’s to judge?

• Members
19 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

It’s interesting that Lucky complains about non-participation here, yet he posts this thread here and is absent in any further conversation of it. Yet he’s again posted a new thread about yet another dead celebrity of whom he seems to be obsessed with,  based on his only posts here  in the past few months?

You are fucking weird.

• Members
8 hours ago, Larstrup said:

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvTmRrb

• Members

LOL. I stated my opinion, then I sat back and gave others the opportunity to state theirs. Meanwhile, I have been reading about Spacey and the allegation.

What we know is that a 14 year old Rapp went to a party with adults. Why? He stayed after the party was over. Why? Had he been flirting with Spacey at the party? Did he get in Spacey's bed? Why? Besides getting on top of him in the bed, what did Spacey do that suggested a sexual intent? We don't know. But, it is agreed that Rapp declined and Spacey backed off. Were either of them nude? Now apparently Rapp leaves, buy why didn't he leave earlier?  What was his goal in staying? We don't know and he isn't saying.

Spacey is no Harvey Weinstein but he is quickly being given the pariah treatment. Why? Because he hit on a 14 year old over 30 years ago?  Or is it the bandwagon effect? The media is out to push against sexual harrassment and Spacey is a big name. Many have resented Spacey's success or his unwillingness to discuss his private life. Some of the anger directed at him now is the stupid way he responded to Rapp's claim.

But a one-time attempt at a 14-year old over 30 years ago so far has not been followed up by any specific allegations of other attacks. If that happens, then he does move into Weinstein territory. But we don't know yet that the Rapp attempt was anything other than a one-time event.

And, let's not forget Anthony Rapp. He could have chosen to reveal this incident at the time. He didn't. Why? Afraid of taking on Spacey? Spacey was not at the height of his career then. Afraid of revealing his own sexual identity? Most likely. But the years go by, he comes out, and still stays silent. Why? The big question is why now?

• Members

There are always 2 sides to a story and then THE TRUTH, and while I said from the beginning here that something was "fishy" with this tale and the time line,  I'll withhold my Guilty verdict until all the deets are in.     I still think Rapp had a teen infatuation with Spacey and made the first move on his "daddy crush",  but that doesnt justify Spaceys response or make it right.....   For me the onslaught of the MeToo movement is a bit too much too Fast......   I you stop and think about it for a moment. we can ALL probably come up with a story in our past of activity that may not have been ""Kosher" ???     Personally, I as a young fledgling up and coming GAY can remember myself trying to put the moves on my HOT, str8 married Uncle.... creeping under the dinner table and massaging up his legs, and him ALLOWING me to do it....  He got Erect, but not a word was said to anyone....  Am I going to Hell ?  :angel: 

• Members
On 10/31/2017 at 6:31 PM, Larstrup said:

I'm often sickened at the ignorance and selfishness of some people who confuse and conflate their personal responsibility, calling them indiscretions, while at the very nature of their behavior is criminal activity, while being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 

Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on those whose indiscretions have resulted in the many deaths of innocent people while driving their cars so intoxicated that they were incapable of not killing others by doing so.

Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on those whose indiscretions have resulted in the many deaths of innocent people while so intoxicated they pulled out a hand gun and killed someone because they couldn't control their anger because of their intoxication.

I could go on, but I won't.

Here's an idea! The next time anyone does something illegal while intoxicated - let's just call it an indiscretion and blame it on their inability to know the difference between right and wrong. Because that's exactly what kjun12 is suggesting here.

Do you know that paying for sex is illegal?

Guest Larstrup
22 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Do you know that paying for sex is illegal?

22 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

It amazes me how judgmental we can be, when we ourselves are easily judged by mainstream culture. Preaching about legality? The members of boytoy? I am appalled. 

All I can say is that I wish a man like Spacey would have seduced me when I was 14. It could have been an amazing adventure for me.

My response to @kjun12  was in regard to taking responsibility as an adult for personal decisions and behaviors and challenging his belief that they were only indiscretions.  When you’re engaged in illegal activity, Whether it be prostitution as you note, or any other Illegal activity, and justify it as being merely an indiscretion because you were either high on drugs or drunk on alcohol, reflects poorly on ones ability to take personal responsibility for ones actions.

Simply because we all live in, or are a part of a minority community, does not make us immune to, nor any less responsible for, conducting our personal behaviors within the context of the law. If and when we choose not to do that, then we must accept responsibility and the consequences of our behavior.  That’s just part of being an adult. 

I’m quite certain that when you pledged your allegiance to this country earlier this year, to become an American citizen,  and when you got to the part which you stated that you would live by and abide by all laws of the nation; there wasn’t  a special clause that stated: unless I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which then only makes it an indiscretion unpunishable by law. 

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with personal responsibility when it relates criminal behavior. And by you suggesting otherwise, that we, as a minority people, cannot point that out to fellow members of our own community,  without you being  appalled, the you set us all back decades, from where we have come from, and currently are today. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

My response to @kjun12  was in regard to taking responsibility as an adult for personal decisions and behaviors and challenging his belief that they were only indiscretions.  When you’re engaged in illegal activity, Whether it be prostitution as you note, or any other Illegal activity, and justify it as being merely an indiscretion because you were either high on drugs or drunk on alcohol, reflects poorly on ones ability to take personal responsibility for ones actions.

Simply because we all live in, or a part of a minority community, does not make us immune to, nor any less responsible for, conducting our personal behaviors within the context of the law. If and when we choose not to do that, then we must accept responsibility and the consequences of our behavior.  That’s just part of being an adult. 

I’m quite certain that when you pledged your allegiance to this country earlier this year, to become an American citizen,  and when you got to the part which you stated that you would live by and abide by all laws of the nation; there wasn’t  a special clause that stated: unless I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which then only makes it an indiscretion unpunishable by law. 

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with personal responsibility when it relates criminal behavior. And by you suggesting otherwise, that we, as a minority people, cannot point that out to fellow members of our own community,  without you being  appalled, sets us all back decades from where we have come from, and currently are today. 

Enjoy the blaming. You seem to have a special talent for it.

Guest Larstrup
39 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Enjoy the blaming. You seem to have a special talent for it.

Really? Who have I blamed? If you can’t separate personal opinion from blame, then what good are these forums for discussion? 

Guest Larstrup
56 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Really? Who have I blamed? If you can’t separate personal opinion from blame, then what good are these forums for discussion? 

I just have to add this because sometimes my brain short-circuits when I read ignorance and misplaced entitlement.

The LGBTQ  Community in this country has fought for decades to become  acccepted and recognized members of our collective society. 

Don’t you ever think for one moment that we are not as responsible for our own behaviors as anyone else is outside of our community are responsible for their own.

As someone new to our country and by the way - welcome and congratulations for becoming one of us; you fail to realize that decades of struggle happened before you arrived and was the reason which we become who we are today  and that includes being responsible for our own personal behaviors in accordance to the inclusive laws of our nation. We have never sought special treatment nor special recognition. We have always fought for equal treatment and equal recognition. 

If you’re going to come here and suggest that gay men engaging in illegal activities with an underage child, or any other illegal activity, is OK with you simply because they were intoxicated with alcohol or drugs; then you’re going to have a real problem with me. We’ve come way too far in this country to allow such narrow-minded and conceited thinking to infect our progress into mainstream America. 

You can call that blaming all you want,  but you were never here when we were being attacked in the streets, denied housing and jobs because of who we were and bashed at every opportunity by some bigot who allowed it happen within our governmental institutions. 

So never come at me with your "blame"  @Latbear4blk Because you’re living on the shoulders of those of us here who fought before you were even born, and more so, before you even became an American citizen here.

• Members
14 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

I just have to add this because sometimes my brain short-circuits when I read ignorance and misplaced entitlement.

The LGBTQ  Community in this country has fought for decades to become  acccepted and recognized members of our collective society. 

Don’t you ever think for one moment that we are not as responsible for our own behaviors as anyone else is outside of our community are responsible for their own.

As someone new to our country and by the way - welcome and congratulations for becoming one of us; you fail to realize that decades of struggle happened before you arrived and was the reason which we become who we are today  and that includes being responsible for our own personal behaviors in accordance to the inclusive laws of our nation. We have never sought special treatment nor special recognition. We have always fought for equal treatment and equal recognition. 

If you’re going to come here and suggest that gay men engaging in illegal activities with an underage child, or any other illegal activity, is OK with you simply because they were intoxicated with alcohol or drugs; then you’re going to have a real problem with me. We’ve come way too far in this country to allow such narrow-minded and conceited thinking to infect our progress into mainstream America. 

You can call that blaming all you want,  but you were never here when we were being attacked in the streets, denied housing and jobs because of who we were and bashed at every opportunity by some bigot who allowed it happen within our governmental institutions. 

So never come at me with your "blame"  @Latbear4blk Because you’re living on the shoulders of those of us here who fought before you were even born, and more so, before you even became an American citizen here.

Keep going. You are doing an excellent work. Show yourself.