Lucky

Kevin Spacey

• Members

larstrup, who the hell are you to say those things about Latbear?  He is a US citizen. Case closed. What an ass you are and, In reality, it seems to me that you are the ignorant one and a know-it-all who wants to preach to us about what you have done to foster Gay rights, etc.  You try to make it appear that you were at the forefront of the Gay rights battles when in reality you were probably hiding in the background and just congratulating yourself for doing nothing.

Guest Larstrup
4 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Keep going. You are doing an excellent work. Show yourself.

Is that all you have? That's a straw-man's response. 

Guest Larstrup
19 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

larstrup, who the hell are you to say those things about Latbear?  He is a US citizen. Case closed. What an ass you are and, In reality, it seems to me that you are the ignorant one and a know-it-all who wants to preach to us about what you have done to foster Gay rights, etc.  You try to make it appear that you were at the forefront of the Gay rights battles when in reality you were probably hiding in the background and just congratulating yourself for doing nothing.

I'll just respond to you with a copy of your unwelcomed PM to me. And by the way, I've spent my life pissing people like you off. Anything else you have to claim is meaningless to me. Btw, I would never have wanted an in-person meeting with you to begin with.

kjun.png

Guest Larstrup
12 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

You have no idea how eloquent you are. It is revealing. I really do not need to add anything.

Perfect. Enjoy your privileged rights here.

Guest Larstrup

Some of us, perhaps many of us here of a certain age, recall walking into their first gay bar when they were of age and remember, if we were good-looking, being groped by others  hanging around the bar and believing that this was part of our gay society and culture. I know it was for me.

Everywhere I went,  men we’re grabbing my crotch and were grabbing my ass  as I made my way through the bar to find a comfortable place to park my cocktail.

I had nothing else to base personal behaviors upon so I put up with it even though I found unwelcoming.

I can’t say that I didn’t welcome it when I was attracted to the person who was groping me but I certainly remember not wanting it when it was by someone  I was not attracted to and often times repulsed by.

But this seemed to be the culture and so one becomes conditioned to that type of behavior. Or so one accepts.

As an attractive man in my youth it always turned me away from what I was looking for,  but at the same time suggested to me that this was what going out to the bars meant.  It was acceptable behavior and it was to be expected wherever I went.

I soon stopped going to bars because it just was an unwelcoming  hardship.  I probably drank more when I was out because of it to ignore it but I always knew I never wanted people touching me when I didn’t want them to be doing so. 

I came out in the 70s and everything was everything that the 70s were But I was looking for friendship more than I was looking for sex.

When I look at the people today coming out  claiming sexual harassment a decade or two ago I understand what they’re saying because it happened to me but I thought it was exactly what it was supposed to be at the time. 

It took me about 15 years to figure out what being gay was all about and all that stuff that we all need to figure out and realized that I was more important to myself then I was to the people who wanted to spend a back room moment with me.

Life is complicated but whenever you’re  put in a situation where people are  taking advantage of you sexually it’s important for you to speak up and to reject their approach. 

As a gay man I am as guilty as having anonymous sex as any other Gay man,  but if ever you’re having unwanted sexual relations or approaches by anyone which you are not welcoming you need to speak up and say no and report it.

Although the gay community is well known for anonymous no strings attached sex, if it’s something that you’re unwanting of it’s your responsibility to make it known to everyone and anyone who will listen to you. 

And even if you were at a party or with people who were doing drugs and who were extremely intoxicated, they have no Right to impose their intoxication upon you without your Consent and later  claim they were too intoxicated to know what they were doing. 

The gay community is now a part of mainstream society and if we allow those who suggest that those of us Are any less responsible for their actions then anyone else would be  for their actions elsewhere we are doing us grave harm for where we have Come from and where we are today. 

• Members

Things aren't looking good for Kevin Spacey. His agent and his publicist have dropped him, House of Cards may never see the air again, and several members of the show's team claim that Spacey sexually harassed them on the set.

One report I read was that he showed his cock to a bartender.  OMG.  I've never see such shit.  jk

Back in NYC, pre Gulianni, all the bars had backrooms and I saw more cock than I would in a Bangkok cock show.  It was part of the scene back then. 

However, as details come out on his actions later in life, I am worried for him. 

• Members
9 hours ago, Larstrup said:

Some of us, perhaps many of us here of a certain age, recall walking into their first gay bar when they were of age and remember, if we were good-looking, being groped by others  hanging around the bar and believing that this was part of our gay society and culture. I know it was for me.

Everywhere I went,  men we’re grabbing my crotch and were grabbing my ass  as I made my way through the bar to find a comfortable place to park my cocktail.

I had nothing else to base personal behaviors upon so I put up with it even though I found unwelcoming.

I can’t say that I didn’t welcome it when I was attracted to the person who was groping me but I certainly remember not wanting it when it was by someone  I was not attracted to and often times repulsed by.

But this seemed to be the culture and so one becomes conditioned to that type of behavior. Or so one accepts.

As an attractive man in my youth it always turned me away from what I was looking for,  but at the same time suggested to me that this was what going out to the bars meant.  It was acceptable behavior and it was to be expected wherever I went.

I soon stopped going to bars because it just was an unwelcoming  hardship.  I probably drank more when I was out because of it to ignore it but I always knew I never wanted people touching me when I didn’t want them to be doing so. 

I came out in the 70s and everything was everything that the 70s were But I was looking for friendship more than I was looking for sex.

When I look at the people today coming out  claiming sexual harassment a decade or two ago I understand what they’re saying because it happened to me but I thought it was exactly what it was supposed to be at the time. 

It took me about 15 years to figure out what being gay was all about and all that stuff that we all need to figure out and realized that I was more important to myself then I was to the people who wanted to spend a back room moment with me.

Life is complicated but whenever you’re  put in a situation where people are  taking advantage of you sexually it’s important for you to speak up and to reject their approach. 

As a gay man I am as guilty as having anonymous sex as any other Gay man,  but if ever you’re having unwanted sexual relations or approaches by anyone which you are not welcoming you need to speak up and say no and report it.

Although the gay community is well known for anonymous no strings attached sex, if it’s something that you’re unwanting of it’s your responsibility to make it known to everyone and anyone who will listen to you. 

And even if you were at a party or with people who were doing drugs and who were extremely intoxicated, they have no Right to impose their intoxication upon you without your Consent and later  claim they were too intoxicated to know what they were doing. 

The gay community is now a part of mainstream society and if we allow those who suggest that those of us Are any less responsible for their actions then anyone else would be  for their actions elsewhere we are doing us grave harm for where we have Come from and where we are today. 

Excellent post...

Looking back on my youth, growing up as a gay man in my 20's and trying to figure things out on my own in a world often hostel and homophobic, I realized how blessed and fortunate I was. I always liked older men as friends. My preference sexually was guys my own age, but for friendships,  I gravitated toward older men, those in their 40's  50's and 60's. I was always fascinated by their knowledge, perspective on the culture, and how they made their way through this world. There was a sense of quite sophistication, proper behavior, and an absolute line of right and wrong, with all things in life. For some, much of what is learned about life, is learned outside the home, and I owe much of my life, and how I conduct it, to those early friendships. There are those that were far less fortunate than I, and I realize how blessed I was. 

I volunteered for the better part of 20 years, at the Gay and Lesbian Center in Hollywood, in a variety of capacities. The stories and abuse that some of those kids grew up with is often incomprehensible.

Larstrup is correct in his condemnation Spacey, and those that excuse that sort of behavior...

• Members

I understand the condemnation, and would normally tend to agree But........  I can also understand Spacey's motivation IF Rapp had a history of coming on to him.    sure we do not know the whole story, afterall its 30 years ago,  but I can certainly imagine a Youngin lusting after a successful Daddy figure, especially in the sexually formative and experimental years.   YES, nothing would excuse Spacey, as the adult, from actting on his impulses, but at least try to understand the motivation.  IF he was pursued, and that's a big IF, he ultimately succumbed to his desires.....  I am sure many of us have "succumbed" to something in our lifetime, when we knew it was wrong, but just couldnt help ourselves ?   So Spacey is now a pariah and outcast, and with just cause, but lets have a bit of understanding.   I honestly dont think he was trying to "take advantage" of young Rapp, and nothing did happen afterall....

• Members
On 10/30/2017 at 6:00 PM, Lucky said:

There is no evidence that Spacey has ever done such a thing since... He's not a Harvey Weinstein.

Seems like you spoke too soon, dear. (Nice to see you online again.)

• Members
2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Seems like you spoke too soon, dear. (Nice to see you online again.)

Now how hard would it have been, Rock, to quote my complete position on the subject? Here's what you left out:

"But a one-time attempt at a 14-year old over 30 years ago so far has not been followed up by any specific allegations of other attacks. If that happens, then he does move into Weinstein territory. "

Welcome back!

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

how hard would it have been, Rock, to quote my complete position on the subject?

Sorry, I somehow missed that disclaimer. I confess, I often overlook other posts. There tends to be a lot of noise over here, so I sometimes scroll too fast. Sort of like walking through a bed of hot coals.

It's too bad Kevin had to take such a hard fall, but it was just a matter of time before one of the Hollywood gays would take a serious hit. Staying tuned...