kjun12

M4M site offline?

• Members
2 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Yeah, I don't deny that at all. I was a committed contributor and participant for fifteen years, and I miss it.

Adam,  while I dont know why you are banned for life,  I can only imagine that the reasons are elevated in the Old girls mind...  I felt the same way you do,  that I was a valued contributor,  and didnt deserve the scorn I was getting from her. But once I was on the Old girls radar, i was doomed... She seized every opportunity to take a minor offense and make it into something TOS worthy, and once you get Banned,  there is no communicating with admin or even trying to "discuss" the action...  It's quite dictatorial..   While I respect Lars and latbear for their altruistic action,  I dont think it will end well for them...  You know what they about an OLD girl scorned ?   I truly understand your Void,  I felt it each time I was exiled, and its the reason I went back, to endure even more scrutiny and abuse there....  I miss it when its gone.. (the site, NOT the rule!)    But you have always been a guy that makes lemonade out of lemons,  so sweety, START SQUEEZING !!!!!  :wub:

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I also opened a thread in the other site sharing the link.

That thread is quickly looking like an anti-admin pile-on. Let's not kid ourselves, the owner may have multiple usernames, but there is only one GRINCH, and the Christmas programming has already begun.

Some of you queens really love your self-inflicted drama.

• Members
9 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

That thread is quickly looking like an anti-admin pile-on. Let's not kid ourselves, the owner may have multiple usernames, but there is only one GRINCH, and the Christmas programming has already begun.

Some of you queens really love your self-inflicted drama.

Do you mean some of us? Are you excluding yourself from the drama queens?

tumblr_inline_mjpg3xqkdA1rg4uy0.gif

• Members
37 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Are you excluding yourself from the drama queens?

Hell no. But I know quality drama when I see it. The self-inflicted kind is so common and tiring among a certain type of queen. That's why you see "NO DRAMA" in so many ads on Craigslist.

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

Hell no. But I know quality drama when I see it. The self-inflicted kind is so common and tiring among a certain type of queen. That's why you see "NO DRAMA" in so many ads on Craigslist.

I react to NO DRAMA the same way I react to NO FATS, FEMS or BLACKS....  Fuck Off !   The NO Drama Queen is the BIGGEST Drama Queen.   

Guest Larstrup
2 hours ago, Suckrates said:

I feel a Storm approaching  (over there!)  

Image result for storm coming gif

Oh Jesus, I certainly hope that’s not the case. It absolutely was not the intent of this in the beginning. :huh:

• Members

More than 200 views of the thread, only 5 signatures in the petition. Perhaps @AdamSmithis not as popular as I thought. 

tumblr_mbr64yjPzb1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

People are fearful of "crossing" Daddy.   That is why noone ever publicly talks against him, and if they do, they dont last there long. 

Where are all those people that contantly praised Mr Smith on the site ?   Where the fuck are they ?   They are THERE, but cowering in their wet panties. 

• Members

More than 200 views of the thread, only 5 signatures in the petition. Perhaps @AdamSmithis not as popular as I thought. 

tumblr_mbr64yjPzb1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

Or maybe there are a lot of people afraid to cross Daddy. Personally judging by some of the feed back and inquires I've received from behind the scenes, no one wants to stick there neck out. It's a sad commentary on a website. I think in the end, people really just don't give a shit. There's no loyalty. There are a handful of people who want to just move on. Pretty sad if you were to ask me. Over the course of a year or so, there have been a half a dozen posters who had been on the site for 10 plus years, decided to move on with their lives. Over a few last meals in FTL, several asked me to tell anyone who asked about their absence, to let them know that they were fine and had just needed some time away. Not one person has ever publically inquired about them... ever. They can ban the man all they want, but the site was a better place when Adam was an active poster there.

And so it goes....

• Members
Just now, Suckrates said:

People are fearful of "crossing" Daddy.   That is why noone ever publicly talks against him, and if they do, they dont last there long. 

Where are all those people that contantly praised Mr Smith on the site ?   Where the fuck are they ?   They are THERE, but cowering in their wet panties. 

I think any effective action would need to happen behind the scenes. Most people, especially forum owners, don't react well to loss of face.

• Members

May be you all are underestimating Daddy. I may be speaking too soon, I may find I was banned in a few minutes, but I have questioned him before and his reaction was naturally angry, but not irrational, vindictive, or intolerant. 

We have a tendency to take everything personally, but no ones is really very important. Not even him, and I think he is smart enough to know that and to do whatever is better for his traffic and the good health of his website.

So far, the predictions of Drama have failed. 

What got me banned was the following chain of events:

It began with me, essentially, hijacking my own thread -- 'The Organ' in the arts forum. Originated by me to discuss that musical instrument, then gradually broadened by me, whippedguy, and some others to classical music in general.

Then! It seemed to start getting a bit dry, so I started posting stuff that seemed funny to me. Tom Lehrer song clips, etc. Gradually broadening out to things like the Harold Hecubah episode of Gilligan's Island and so on. Then eventually to comedy clips from TV etc that were not even musical.

That, for some strange reason, prompted moderator Cooper to start cutting the 'non-music' posts out of that thread, and re-posting them in a new thread 'The Organ Alternative' or some such that he created in the General forum.

Of course that prompted me to redouble my posting of funny mass-culture trash in my original Organ thread. That in turn drove B to ban me for a day. I wrote him an incensed PM asking Why? He wrote back, in effect, you hurt Cooper's feelings. (Whom I happen to know personally from the 2010-2011 residence in NYC.)

I responded with a blistering PM saying how utterly stupid, not to say commercially suicidal, that was to put an 'employee's' feelings and interests above those of the site's 'clients.'

I shortly followed up with an even more hotly worded PM about how the original HooBoy had been able to ride pretty effective herd over, in those days, a vastly more rowdy and noisome -- also far more intelligent -- crowd of posters, with a relatively light touch compared with the kindergarten-level approach employed by site management today. And furthermore, that the costs of such ham-fisted over-moderation and paranoia for control are only too visible in the already woefully, possibly fatally, degraded quality of participation and posters today.

For that, I was banned, and blocked to boot. 'Banned for violation of terms of service' is what I see when I hit the forum's URL now. (I did, as you suggested, create a spoof IP shortly thereaftere, and looked in just once. That was enough.)

All in all, well worth it, for the psychological benefits described above.

@Latbear4blk, your efforts are genuinely appreciated. But there will not be any return. The psychic costs of participating there, uncovered by their removal, are simply too great.

• Members
13 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

What got me banned was the following chain of events:

It began with me, essentially, hijacking my own thread -- 'The Organ' in the arts forum. Originated by me to discuss that musical instrument, then gradually broadened by me, whippedguy, and some others to classical music in general.

Then! It seemed to start getting a bit dry, so I started posting stuff that seemed funny to me. Tom Lehrer song clips, etc. Gradually broadening out to things like the Harold Hecubah episode of Gilligan's Island and so on. Then eventually to comedy clips from TV etc that were not even musical.

That, for some strange reason, prompted moderator Cooper to start cutting the 'non-music' posts out of that thread, and re-posting them in a new thread 'The Organ Alternative' or some such that he created in the General forum.

Of course that prompted me to redouble my posting of funny mass-culture trash in my original Organ thread. That in turn drove B to ban me for a day. I wrote him an incensed PM asking Why? He wrote back, in effect, you hurt Cooper's feelings. (Whom I happen to know personally from the 2010-2011 residence in NYC.)

I responded with a blistering PM saying how utterly stupid, not to say commercially suicidal, that was to put an 'employee's' feelings and interests above those of the site's 'clients.'

I shortly followed up with an even more hotly worded PM about how the original HooBoy had been able to ride pretty effective herd over, in those days, a vastly more rowdy and noisome -- also far more intelligent -- crowd of posters, with a relatively light touch compared with the kindergarten-level approach employed by site management today. And furthermore, that the costs of such ham-fisted over-moderation and paranoia for control are only too visible in the already woefully, possibly fatally, degraded quality of participation and posters today.

For that, I was banned, and blocked to boot. 'Banned for violation of terms of service' is what I see when I hit the forum's URL now. (I did, as you suggested, create a spoof IP shortly thereaftere, and looked in just once. That was enough.)

All in all, well worth it, for the psychological benefits described above.

@Latbear4blk, your efforts are genuinely appreciated. But there will not be any return. The psychic costs of participating there, uncovered by their removal, are simply too great.

I am feeling you. I will take down that thread, if I can.

Just now, Latbear4blk said:

I am feeling you. I will take down that thread, if I can.

Don't worry about it!

(Just protect your own sanity in participating there, in whatever ways you can.)

This is not a big angst thing with me. I just like, as a journalist, to put out all the stuff in a case.

Honesty about any life experience is all we have.

Guest Larstrup

I’ll take down the petition as well. It was a spontaneous and impulsive action on my part; which quite honestly should have included more  inquiry and thought on my part. (It’s my horrible instinct to always wanting to fix things) :blush: