kjun12

M4M site offline?

2 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

I’ll take down the petition as well. It was a spontaneous and impulsive action on my part; which quite honestly should have included more  inquiry and thought on my part. (It’s my horrible instinct to always wanting to fix things) :blush:

Dinna worry!

the response might even help the site self-correct.

of course I also have some slight faith in global geoengineering to fix global warming... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, FluffPersian said:

I think any effective action would need to happen behind the scenes. Most people, especially forum owners, don't react well to loss of face.

On the contrary. When I fuck up in my business (public press commentary on engineering modeling & simulation software), I make a big, public apology and retraction, and explanation of exactly why I failed the duty of my professional judgment.

• Members
16 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

On the contrary. When I fuck up in my business (public press commentary on engineering modeling & simulation software), I make a big, public apology and retraction, and explanation of exactly why I failed the duty of my professional judgment.

I agree. I believe in full disclosure. Only when your intentions are not honest you need to hide.

• Members

Frankly, I don't see what all of this hullabaloo concerning Adam Smith's posts is about  I do not find his posts to be better than other posters and particularly find his posts of all of those videos to be irritating.  I wish he would start a thread where he posts all of them and keep them out of other topics.  Still, I defend his right to post what he believes.

I do also know that he who calls himself "daddy" is getting to be more and more dictatorial and unfair in his blocking actions and this has caused all of his little suck-buddies to be fearful of posting anything that would irritate him.  This is not a healthy atmosphere and actually sick. His continual begging for donations is pathetic and I hope the bastard goes broke.

13 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

Frankly, I don't see what all of this hullabaloo concerning Adam Smith's posts is about  I do not find his posts to be better than other posters and particularly find his posts of all of those videos to be irritating.  I wish he would start a thread where he posts all of them and keep them out of other topics.  Still, I defend his right to post what he believes.

I do also know that he who calls himself "daddy" is getting to be more and more dictatorial and unfair in his blocking actions and this has caused all of his little suck-buddies to be fearful of posting anything that would irritate him.  This is not a healthy atmosphere and actually sick. His continual begging for donations is pathetic and I hope the bastard goes broke.

I fully agree with every point you have made here.

• Members
22 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

His posts may not be better (noone said they were), but they are intellectual and interesting.  He has a unique POV and macabre wit.

He may be an acquired taste for some, but you have to admit, there is not another poster like HIM. 

• Members
1 minute ago, kjun12 said:

Also, he posts often and is one of those who are the lifeblood of this site.

Well we should be thankful for members that post HERE often.... Otherwise, this site would be pretty much a wasteland...  If you havent noticed, it doesnt get alot of "active" participation, eventhough "traffic numbers" are high.... most people just lurk

Guest Fluffypuff
2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I agree. I believe in full disclosure. Only when your intentions are not honest you need to hide.

2 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

These are noble sentiments, but wasn't a discussion about how anyone ought to behave. It was about how to persuade someone to take a certain action. My point was that loss of face would make almost anyone less open to such persuasion  

In any case, it's all moot now. 

5 minutes ago, Fluffypuff said:

These are noble sentiments, but wasn't a discussion about how anyone ought to behave. It was about how to persuade someone to take a certain action. My point was that loss of face would make almost anyone less open to such persuasion  

I believe that viewpoint is not correct, on all its theoretical foundations.

24 minutes ago, Fluffypuff said:

actually, I don't understand (have been in many Asian countries where it does have formal meaning); but here in the West, what does 'loss of face' even mean?

• Members
31 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

actually, I don't understand (have been in many Asian countries where it does have formal meaning); but here in the West, what does 'loss of face' even mean?

Pretty much the same:

I don’t like looking bad (for any reason), and if a situation makes me look bad, I will resent you for creating that situation, and if you find a way to make me look better, I will be thankful. 

The western word is humiliation, although it is only used for very strong loss of face. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Fluffypuff said:

I disagree, Fluffy. I think I brought the issue in a way that was not defiant. When I call B at the beginning of my post it is, I understand, a sign of respect. 

Also, when you do things in the open, it brings more traffic. ^_^

• Members

Well let's not quibble and be Thankful there were not apparent casualties for this incident  (YET)....  What I can tell you is that all of us that signed the petition are on Daddy's radar,  and that's not a good thing.   He probably takes it as a sign of being "crossed" ?

Ya'll give him too much credit for being a sensible, logical, reasonable person...  My sense of him is that he is driven by "emotion", he holds a grudge, and feels he is always RIGHT....   I'm just sayin........... 

• Members
1 hour ago, Suckrates said:

Well let's not quibble and be Thankful there were not apparent casualties for this incident  (YET)....  What I can tell you is that all of us that signed the petition are on Daddy's radar,  and that's not a good thing.   He probably takes it as a sign of being "crossed" ?

Ya'll give him too much credit for being a sensible, logical, reasonable person...  My sense of him is that he is driven by "emotion", he holds a grudge, and feels he is always RIGHT....   I'm just sayin........... 

Well I signed the petition...there, I've said it. Let him come at me.

raw

34 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

Well I signed the petition...there, I've said it. Let him come at me.

raw

only by my putting my little pink ass between my dark friends & lovers, versus the pooolice hurting to harrass them up in Washington Heights and above on the streets at night, would I dare say this:

150px-Motto_frederick_douglass_2.jpg