caeron

My Visit to Bangkok

• Members
16 minutes ago, zazzu said:

I, too, have visited the boy bars many times in the last 15-18 years.  I've been to Bangkok pretty much every year in the last ten.  While my business certainly doesn't sustain them, I am a repeat customer, which has a definite value.  And when I say repeat customer, I hire pretty much every night I'm there from one bar or another.  If I don't hire, it's because I can't find someone my type or they're not into what I'm looking for.  

As for many of the guys being straight, I think it depends on the bar.  Jupiter seems to have the highest concentration of straight guys, but I will admit that's based on a limited number of visits.  The gogo bars like Dreamboys, Fresh Boys, Hot Male, etc. have more gay guys (but certainly a lot of straight too).  And of course, our perceptions may depend on what we're looking for.  If you're looking for tops, you may notice the straight guys more.  I am into bottoms so I prefer to hire guys who are more likely to be gay (or bi).  I have hired a few straight guys who were "less than thrilled," so to speak, to bottom for me, and with varying levels of success, I might add.  That's one reason I tend to zone in on the "gayer" guys.

I am one of those people who prefers not to have women in the gogo bars.  I do understand the business reasons behind allowing them in, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  My reasoning is I'm trying to partake in the seedier side of (gay) life.  While I'm not concerned with strangers judging me, especially females, I find it annoying when straight females shoehorn their way into what I feel is "my turf," if that makes any sense.  I'm there to enjoy some quality time with naked or almost naked guys.  IMHO, it is less enjoyable with women (even just one or two) sitting 5 feet away.  Again, I under$tand why, but I'm not a fan...

Exactly what I think - as a gay man in the  boybar I am craving for nothing else than the company of hot, musculine studs  - to look, to flirt, to talk,  to touch, and at least to hire! Even one single female around means - to me - a big turn off, like the notorious hair in the soup... No, sorry, thanks a lot!  As much as I like and appriciate the ladies apart from my sexual desires -  the gay marketplace is definetly not for them.

• Members

Interesting discussion but the Bottom Line is it makes no difference what we think. The Bars will do what is good for them financially and those who don't like women can either not go to those Bars ( Most of the Good Ones) or learn to live with it.  It appears the majority have learned to live with it! Just like many complained in BKK when drink prices kept going up and up .  But the Bar owners knew they could get away with it because the Chinese etc did not care .  So most have learned to pay the prices or change their destination to Pattaya.

• Members
10 hours ago, firecat691614502759 said:

Interesting discussion but the Bottom Line is it makes no difference what we think. The Bars will do what is good for them financially and those who don't like women can either not go to those Bars ( Most of the Good Ones) or learn to live with it.  It appears the majority have learned to live with it! Just like many complained in BKK when drink prices kept going up and up .  But the Bar owners knew they could get away with it because the Chinese etc did not care .  So most have learned to pay the prices or change their destination to Pattaya.

The 2-3 women I might see at the gogo bars will not stop me from going and I'm not about to have hissy fit with the mama-sans about them letting women in.  We're just expressing that we don't like it and find it annoying.  No big deal.  As I think I mentioned before, I won't be returning to Jupiter due to the combination of the higher ratio of woman there and the higher ratio of straight boys working.  Will they miss me?  Absolutely not.  Will I miss them?  Nope.  There are plenty of options out there.

• Members
11 hours ago, xand1234 said:

if you had time just to visit one place in Bangkok, which bar would it be ?

I tend to go to the soi across from the Patpong night market.  (Sorry, but I forgot the name.)  It has a bit of everything in one spot - bars, gogo boys, massage parlors.  There are several bars, massage parlors, gogo bars, etc nearby but they are more spread out around the Silom area (and further afield of course).  The nice thing about that soi is if you don't like one place, the next place is only a few steps away.  lol 

Are you looking for an actual bar to sit around and drink or one with entertainment?

While I would very much prefer to not have women in the bars I have to admit two things: 1. they need the business to stay open and 2. Actually, I can't say I have ever been bothered not like the bachelorette hen parties that have ruined some American bars - just not a Bangkok issue. So on reflection: not really a big deal

• Members

It's a big deal when they monopolize the guy you are interested in. Sometimes they don't even off him, but it's usually too late by the time that gets decided.

It's a big deal when the guys cater to the girls from the stage to show how straight they are. Gays pay. Women think they don't have to.

Just my observations.