sanddunes

Does Point 202 Have a Jacuzzi Now?

• Members

Not the top (3rd) floor, I think ... jacuzzi appears to be the area up over the the northeast stage section where people go up the stairs to bathe, likely integrated with other spa features.

I have not been since the reno.

Didn't someone suggest the lease might expire and the club end up on the chopping block? Or was that Lagoa, or both?

Pointe’s bldg is owned by the family that owns the Atlantico Hotel a few blocks down the street. Pointe was originally planned to be razed in 2014 to put a hotel there as Rio offered Huge Tax benefits and incentives to the owners of new hotels if they could be completed before the 2016 Olympics! But the owner missed the deadline for filing so Pointe stayed where it is but their lease is up in the end of 2019 or early 2020!  the property values have increased exponentially (think Hell’s kitchen in Manhatten).  the same thing with Lagoa, their lease is up in a year and the property will be sold to Condo developers.  the property is tentiveky scheduled for a 20+ story condo i was told.

• Members

The renovation looks quite impressive, just a reminder:: An even bigger transformation happened a few years ago when the third floor was built from scratch, with the progress documented step by step with a slick power-point presentation projected on big screens in the disco area and voila, shortly after everything was ready, the control of the place was transferred to the guys from Meio-Mundo that in turn never invested a penny neither at the place they just took charge, neither at their own place, both went into accelerated disrepair. I frequently criticize Junior for the tacky ways Point operates, but I do admire his tenacity in improving his business and putting the money back on it, very different from Jorge and Acyr (I think this are their names) that in 10 years that I occasionally went to their sauna, never seen a dime returned to the business. What this transformation at Point will lead? Wish someone could figure it out.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

I am not sure what you go to Pointe for, @flguy

But If you are worried about hygiene, stop going to Pointe 202 to do what most people do:  eat ass, kiss guys that have been kissed by 10 other clients and suck cocks that have already fucked 4 times, that very same day.

The jacuzzi should be the least of your hygiene concerns. 

You did not read his first line. He is a man of contradictions. We all are.

• Members

Maybe the hotel owner figured it out that a new hotel in Rio is a very risky proposition, Airbnb is decimating the profits of the current ones, the luxurious building that was formery Meridien changed ownership at least 3 times in the last 5 years, after Meridien became The Windsor and now is a Hilton, Copacabana Palace is in the red, despite being owned by a huge international corporation (The Orient Express, yes, that Orient Express), even Donald Trump backtracked on his, although the official reason was shady practices by his partners (surprise!), the hotel finally opened with a different name after considerable delays (missed the Olympics) and is doing poorly with rooms being discounted on a permanent basis (the last time I checked it was $60,00 despite being in front of the ocean and having an infinity pool), with no major event on the horizon (what could be bigger than the Olympics and the World Cup?), a hotel in Rio looks like a dicey proposition, there is of course the option of a high rise condo, but I think not many people would fancy taking ownership on a high rise next to a favela(in this case the "Tabajara"- stray bullets anyone?), maybe the owners figured out that is best to allow whoever is paying the rent to stay put for the time being, but I don't have any solid information, these are all conjectures, hopefully makes sense and we will have Point for many years to come

4 hours ago, flguy said:

Would anyone actually use the jacuzzi?  Public hot tubs are not known to be very safe, I would never get in one.

Years ago, around 2004 or 5, Rogers sauna put a jacuzzi next to the bar! it looked like a large Barrel the age whiskey in! You had to step up on 3 stairs to get in, and there was no way you could accomplish this gracefully! i saw i boy and one customer use it! Rogers closed a short time later.

• Members
15 hours ago, sanddunes said:

The renovations look great...is the jacuzzi upstairs also?

Yeah. it it real nice. They plan to have barbecues parties. Must be fun ! Looking forward to investigate during my next trip in November