mvan1

New sauna with garotos opened last night in Sao Paulo

• Members

A new sauna with garotos opened last night in Sao Paulo - 

The sauna name is - 

Rainbow Termas Hotel - Rue Frei Caneca, 903 - 

55-11-3231-4021 phone

This sauna used to be only a hotel.  

A sauna was added to the existing hotel.  

I am not in Sao Paulo at the moment so I cannot check it out.  

However, some Brazilian friends I have went there for its opening last night and they said they had a good time.  

The entrance last night was R$50 -  I do not know about other days or about other charges.

Neither friend used the rooms so they do not know what that price is.  

If I learn anything new about the place, I will add the information here.  

I cannot help but think about how worried Rodolfo must be at Lagoa.  He hates competition.  

Image result for sao paulo - rainbow thermas hotel

• Members
42 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Good find - 

The article at your link offers an optimistic scenario for the new sauna. 

The sauna is certainly unique with it being connected to a hotel. 

The new sauna seems it has a lot to offer.  

Within the article in your link, is another link that shows the prices to use the sauna.  Prices vary depending on the day of the week.   

I am surprised that the owner admits that he is not gay and that his son and family will help run the business.  Unique, it is.  

Two comments in the links confirm that the sauna is not just a gay sauna.  The article says there are "boys" available at the sauna. 

"Boys" is just another way of Brazilians saying "garotos"

I have a concern about the article.  The article gives a different address for the sauna

The article also gives a different name for the sauna and also the correct name. 

However, the article discusses the correct facility but the address and name variance are disturbing and confusing for those who wish to visit the sauna.  

I will check out why there is a conflict in the name and address in the written article. 

The photo from the article shows the correct name of the sauna.  

• Members
12 hours ago, mvan1 said:

I have a concern about the article.  The article gives a different address for the sauna

The article also gives a different name for the sauna and also the correct name. 

However, the article discusses the correct facility but the address and name variance are disturbing and confusing for those who wish to visit the sauna.  

I will check out why there is a conflict in the name and address in the written article. 

The photo from the article shows the correct name of the sauna.  

It is here: https://goo.gl/maps/BdDtqMxh1et

Corner of Frei Caneca and Peixoto Gomide.

• Members
9 hours ago, episevilla said:

It will be nice to get another opinion of the place.  

Three different Brazilian friends went there on opening night.  

Two reported back to me that they had a good time and will return. 

One reported back that the guys there are twinks similar to what is found in Rio at Meio Mundo.   This friend said he thinks the place will not last long and that he has no plans to return.  

Isn't it great that we all like different things and have different opinions? 

• Members
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Side note. The place just opened, your pessimistic friend should give it the chance!

christopher-eccleston-gif-eye-roll.gif

My friend is not pessimistic. 

He went to the new sauna and gave me his opinion of the place.  

Because he does not like the sauna, it makes him a pessimist in your eyes?   Very strange!

How many Brazilian saunas have you seen open and close?

I and my friends, plus many people on this forum, have seen Brazilian saunas come and go - 

One does not need to be a pessimist to fairly evaluate an establishment.

• Members
1 hour ago, mvan1 said:

My friend is not pessimistic. 

He went to the new sauna and gave me his opinion of the place.  

Because he does not like the sauna, it makes him a pessimist in your eyes?   Very strange!

How many Brazilian saunas have you seen open and close?

I and my friends, plus many people on this forum, have seen Brazilian saunas come and go - 

One does not need to be a pessimist to fairly evaluate an establishment.

After one single visit to the place? 

giphy.gif

• Members

Sometimes MVAN I wonder if you read your own posts.

1 hour ago, mvan1 said:

No not because he does not like the sauna, of course not, that is a non-sequitur. Because he makes predictions like this:

7 hours ago, mvan1 said:

This friend said he thinks the place will not last long

• Members
29 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

After one single visit to the place? 

giphy.gif

"After one single visit"  -

How many times would you need to have someone feed you a bad meal before you decide you don't like a restaurant?

Or, how many times do you need to try a particular sport or musical instrument or see a movie before you decide you do not like them?  10 times?  20 times?  100 times?

My friend is not a pessimistic.  Unlike you, he has been to many Brazilian saunas and he is Brazilian. 

He made a fair evaluation of the new sauna despite your not being there or your being part of his evaluation. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Sometimes MVAN I wonder if you read your own posts.

No not because he does not like the sauna, of course not, that is a non-sequitur. Because he makes predictions like this:

I won't comment on your snarky remark about my reading my own posts. 

You really like to keep harmony in this forum, don't you!  I think not.

How many Brazilian saunas have you seen open and close because of unknown reasons.  Probably none, right?

Those of us who have visited Brazil for years have seen many saunas open then suddenly close for no apparent reason.  

• Members
4 minutes ago, mvan1 said:

"After one single visit"  -

How many times would you need to have someone feed you a bad meal before you decide you don't like a restaurant?

Or, how many times do you need to try a particular sport or musical instrument or see a movie before you decide you do not like them?  10 times?  20 times?  100 times?

My friend is not a pessimistic.  Unlike you, he has been to many Brazilian saunas and he is Brazilian. 

He made a fair evaluation of the new sauna despite your not being there or your being part of his evaluation. 

MVAN, please.

I don't know why you are missing the point.

It is one thing not to like a sauna, it is another predict its downfall. 

Your friend has done both. We have no issue with him not liking a place. We were just surprised he can predict the future.

We have made no prediction about any sauna surviving or failing at any point, we have no information whatsoever. 

We don't know your friend, we don't know how good are his prediction skills. It is just that most humans are not very good at predicting the future, so we are entitled to be surprised, that is all. But if you know he is good, we believe you.

I personally hope (but do not predict) that we get a well-run 3rd sauna in SP.

• Members
2 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

MVAN, please.

I don't know why you are missing the point.

It is one thing not to like a sauna, it is another predict its downfall. 

Your friend has done both. We have no issue with him not liking a place. We were just surprised he can predict the future.

We have made no prediction about any sauna surviving or failing at any point, we have no information whatsoever. 

We don't know your friend, we don't know how good are his prediction skills. It is just that most humans are not very good at predicting the future, so we are entitled to be surprised, that is all. But if you know he is good, we believe you.

I personally hope (but do not predict) that we get a well-run 3rd sauna in SP.

"One reported back that the guys there are twinks similar to what is found in Rio at Meio Mundo.   This friend said he thinks the place will not last long and that he has no plans to return."

Above is the sentence in my previous post reporting a comment made by one of my friends who went to the opening of the new sauna. 

According to you, I am "missing the point" because I do not agree that my friend is pessimistic and that he made a prediction!  

Using simple English, my friend merely expressed his opinion about the new sauna (that he did not like it and that he thought it would not last long). 

My friend is Brazilian and has lived most of his life in Sao Paulo.  He has seen many saunas come and go.  If he tells me HE THINKS that a place will not last long, I certainly would not attack him and call him a pessimist and a predictor merely because he expressed his learned opinion that is based on experience over many years.  

Again, my friend did not PREDICT the failure of the sauna.  He did not like the sauna.  He will not return and he thinks the sauna will not remain is business for long.   

Opinions such as he expressed are not a PREDICTION.  He expressed his OPINION.

Considering the strange and unhinged responses to my good-faith offering of information about a new sauna in Brazil, I now regret even sharing the information.   

"Your friend has done both. We have no issue with him not liking a place. We were just surprised he can predict the future."

I find it hilarious that one of the two hecklers about the new sauna admits to never having been to a sauna in Brazil.  

• Members
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Whether the sauna stays open or not does not depend on Mvan's friend predicting its demise. He may be right, he may be wrong. I prefer to wait and see.

I think you are being too hard on Mvan for relaying a friend's opinion.

Exactly! 

Recently, I visited the new sauna in Rio that other posters here rave about: Manhattan Rios. On what is touted as its busiest night, I was in and out in 15 minutes. Hated it! IMHO, it was like Meio Mundo — in my book, a negative — nothing but twinks and at most, regular-looking guys off the street — which isn’t MY idea of a good time. But that’s just MY opinion. If others like the place, knock yourself out. I don’t need to go back again to decide the place isn’t worth my time and money. But I don’t begrudge others for liking what they like.