geodesic

Rio, Salvador and Porto Alegre in December 2018?

• Members

The Brazilian Real seems to be in a state of freefall and I unashamedly want to take advantage of this, and so I am planning my second trip to Brazil in Dec 2018.

These are my planned travel dates: 

1.Porto Alegre: 19-21 December 

2. Rio: 21-31 Dec

3. Salvador: 31 Dec - 6 January

Query: Would the regular saunas in each of these places be as busy during these dates as other times of the year? (Specifically, could I expect a high garoto to client ratio)? Do garotos take 'time off' over the Christmas and New Year period? Also, I'd imagine there'd be a lot more clients than usual with it being the holiday period - I just read one of FloridaRob's post where he commented that garotos do as many as 8 programas per day between the Christmas and New Year period.

Would it just be better to defer my trip to next April? 

I wouldn't defer it, just be prepared...You'll return in April too, lol

The day's leading up to Christmas are great, also the 2 days after , everyone is hungry for money...then the Avalanche of tourists, national & international.

Christmas eve EVERYONE heads to be with family, I ended up alone and couldn't find anyone, I went to midnight mass at the church across from Corujinhas, lucky priest, he had the cutest alter boys.

I ended up at the gay kiosk on the beach and finally meeting someone...not one person on Copacabana beach, I had NEVER seen that...there's always people out there at whatever hour, not this time....so we fucked on the beach. Wasn't as fun as it sounds, wasn't prepared, no towels, and sand everywhere :wacko:

So if you don't want to end up like this, make plans with someone.

I'd stay 31st in Rio, New Years Eve (Reveillon) is incredible, largest NYE in the world....

4 hours ago, geodesic said:

Would the regular saunas in each of these places be as busy during these dates as other times of the year? (Specifically, could I expect a high garoto to client ratio)? Do garotos take 'time off' over the Christmas and New Year period? 

Some guy do take time off during the holidays to go see their families, depending on where they live...

There are also tons of out of towners who will be working in the saunas during the peak season which starts right after Christmas and lasts until after Carnival...

Expect tons of guys as well as clients in Rio...good news is there are several saunas for you to choose from....

• Members
15 hours ago, geodesic said:

The Brazilian Real seems to be in a state of freefall and I unashamedly want to take advantage of this, and so I am planning my second trip to Brazil in Dec 2018.

Query: Would the regular saunas in each of these places be as busy during these dates as other times of the year? (Specifically, could I expect a high garoto to client ratio)? Do garotos take 'time off' over the Christmas and New Year period? Also, I'd imagine there'd be a lot more clients than usual with it being the holiday period - I just read one of FloridaRob's post where he commented that garotos do as many as 8 programas per day between the Christmas and New Year period.

So when the Real falls... do we just get more for our dollars and pounds? or do the guys also charge less becomes Brazilian economy is strained?

Think I might book my next trip for end of March!

• Members
14 hours ago, floridarob said:

I wouldn't defer it, just be prepared...You'll return in April too, lol

The day's leading up to Christmas are great, also the 2 days after , everyone is hungry for money...then the Avalanche of tourists, national & international.

Christmas eve EVERYONE heads to be with family, I ended up alone and couldn't find anyone, I went to midnight mass at the church across from Corujinhas, lucky priest, he had the cutest alter boys.

I ended up at the gay kiosk on the beach and finally meeting someone...not one person on Copacabana beach, I had NEVER seen that...there's always people out there at whatever hour, not this time....so we fucked on the beach. Wasn't as fun as it sounds, wasn't prepared, no towels, and sand everywhere :wacko:

So if you don't want to end up like this, make plans with someone.

I'd stay 31st in Rio, New Years Eve (Reveillon) is incredible, largest NYE in the world....

Hmmm I don't suppose the choir boys are on Grindr jeje

What and where is the gay kiosk on the beach? I normally stay in Copacabana and not heard of this. 

• Members
20 hours ago, geodesic said:

Some hotels and AirBNB rentals price have been adjusted (raised) accordingly and constantly in response to falling reais.  The same AirBNB apartment I am renting now is the same price in US dollors as my last time here 6 months ago.   The Intercontinental in SP also seems to price in US dollors, not Brazilian reais. They are smart.

16 hours ago, redxs said:

What and where is the gay kiosk on the beach? I normally stay in Copacabana and not heard of this. 

I'm not sure if it's even there, I typically don't go to the beach on my trips unless someone drags me there (I think that's why I get along with Tomcal) I'm like a vampire and don't care for beaches, and he's just a whore that likes the saunas, lol

Anyway, is/was diagonally across from the Copacabana Palace and is/was a gay meeting place for people to hang  out, you know the places along the beach that sell coconuts, drinks, and some food stuff.  

On 10/20/2018 at 2:09 PM, geodesic said:

If you were going to São Paulo I would suggest you to postpone your trip.

Everybody leaves SP during the first two weeks of the year.

Rio and Salvador should be packed. The garotos know that and plan accordingly. 

9 hours ago, lopesv2 said:

Posto 8 in Ipanema is well known as the gay friendly section of the beach.

It is near Farme de Amoedo street.

Is that what you are talking about floridarob?

No , is in Copa....lo0ks like it's been renovated.

http://www.timeout.com.br/rio-de-janeiro/en/gay-lesbian/venues/354/rainbow-kiosk

Actually it is Posto 9 that is and has always(at least the last 15 years) the gay "Barbie" beach. the cross street is Farme de Amoedo. the beach in Copacabana that Rob is talking about used to be primarily a gay beach across from Maxim's restaurant(which hustlers used to hang out around)but that was until about 2006 or 2007 and then started becoming less gay but still has a small area that has the TG/TS community there in smaller numbers.  The main Gay beach in Rio is Posto 9 and on weekends it is Packed!! 

• Members
18 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Actually it is Posto 9 that is and has always(at least the last 15 years) the gay "Barbie" beach. the cross street is Farme de Amoedo. the beach in Copacabana that Rob is talking about used to be primarily a gay beach across from Maxim's restaurant(which hustlers used to hang out around)but that was until about 2006 or 2007 and then started becoming less gay but still has a small area that has the TG/TS community there in smaller numbers.  The main Gay beach in Rio is Posto 9 and on weekends it is Packed!! 

To be even clearer, the “gay beach” (or the gay part of the beach) in Ipanema is directly between Postos 8 and 9. The dead center of it is where Farme de Amoedo ends at Av. Vieira Souto, and you’ll see two barracas (beach vendors) with gay rainbow flags (among others) on the beach. The periphery of that area is gay-friendly, but the farther you go out away from it, the less so (by Rio standards, of course). 

I just want to clarify this because some posters (and lurkers) here are WAY too literal, and could end up going directly in front of Posto 8 or Posto 9, expecting a “gay Barbie” experience and getting hugely disappointed.