12is12

New BKK Geography and Appropriate Hotel

Hi guys,

I read all the posts and links from March till now. They’re obviously clear to the experienced, but I’m geographically puzzled.

I found GoogleMaps only partially helpful and am not sure it’s venues-updated. Can anyone state that it is?

There was a mention of an updated map on https://www.thaipuan.com/, but I couldn’t find it. If anyone could send a link, I’ll be most thankful.

FreshBoys, LuckyBoys, FunnyBoys, Screwboys, Hotmale, Bangkok Massage, Chill Out Boy – are apparently all in Patpong 1.

Patpong 2 (from Surawong to Foodland ?) and Patpong Night Market – are these two additional areas or overlap with Patpong 1?

Is Soi 4 what’s now referred to as “the new Soi”?

What’s DBP?  And FreshBoys 2? And where are Jupiter and Moonlight?

I’m sure once I get there everything will fall into place in circa 30 minutes. However, I want to book a decent hotel within walking distance (10 min max) to the biggest cluster.

Where should I look? Specific recommendations are more than welcome.

Of course, I need a hotel with the correct visitors policy.

Does the Raya Surawong answer my needs, or is it now too far?

If my taste in men is relevant, I prefer venues focused on lean/athletic rather than on bodybuilders.

(I also prefer big and uncut, but I guess that’s geographically irrelevant and probably not to be…)

Thanks in advance.

(-:

I've never stayed at the Raya, bit it seems that most people like it...I should've stayed there on last trip but stayed at the Tarntawan.

The Raya seems to book up fast, so if there is a room at a price you're comfortable with, I'd book it.

Uncut isn't a problem... if they are from the South of Thailand, they might be Muslim and cut...just ask.

Big....yes, exists but is not the norm....most of the go go bars have big dick shows sometimes, that'll help you select 

I've always found nice guys at "Super A" which is around the corner from the Tawan bar...very humble and service oriented. 500 baht off fee, 1000 boy fee They are very easy to go look at , no pressure to buy a drink...if you don't see anyone interesting , just move up to the patpong bars..... be careful on the apps, lots of fake or photoshopped pics......also the massage shops are good places too.

this site has more info than you'll need:

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/forum/3-gay-thailand/

On 7/7/2019 at 10:39 AM, 12is12 said:

Hi guys,

I read all the posts and links from March till now. They’re obviously clear to the experienced, but I’m geographically puzzled.

I found GoogleMaps only partially helpful and am not sure it’s venues-updated. Can anyone state that it is?

There was a mention of an updated map on https://www.thaipuan.com/, but I couldn’t find it. If anyone could send a link, I’ll be most thankful.

FreshBoys, LuckyBoys, FunnyBoys, Screwboys, Hotmale, Bangkok Massage, Chill Out Boy – are apparently all in Patpong 1.

Patpong 2 (from Surawong to Foodland ?) and Patpong Night Market – are these two additional areas or overlap with Patpong 1?

Is Soi 4 what’s now referred to as “the new Soi”?

What’s DBP?  And FreshBoys 2? And where are Jupiter and Moonlight?

I’m sure once I get there everything will fall into place in circa 30 minutes. However, I want to book a decent hotel within walking distance (10 min max) to the biggest cluster.

Where should I look? Specific recommendations are more than welcome.

Of course, I need a hotel with the correct visitors policy.

Does the Raya Surawong answer my needs, or is it now too far?

If my taste in men is relevant, I prefer venues focused on lean/athletic rather than on bodybuilders.

(I also prefer big and uncut, but I guess that’s geographically irrelevant and probably not to be…)

Thanks in advance.

(-:

You have the link already. I clicked on it and on the page it brings up there is an icon to click for the newest issue. Click on that and page through, towards the back are indexed maps for Bangkok and other areas such as Pattaya. I checked the Bangkok map and as far as my reading validates the new locations are there.

• Members
On 7/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, 12is12 said:

I can understand you Lucky,

OTOH - Lurkerspeaks staying there is a recommendation by itself.

Lurkerspeaks and I met on several occasions . I was one of many who helped him plan his first trip to Thailand. Others encouraged him to stay at the Raya. The fact that he died there, while sad, should not keep people from staying there.  It does for me only because I knew him personally and would probably not be able to keep that off of my mind. Then again, I didn’t like the Raya. With Twilight closed, it is not as handy as it once was.

Thanks Paborn, per your instructions I found the map on https://www.thaipuan.com 

However, it's not interactive. Also, since there're discrepancies between it and Google-maps (e.g. one places FreshBoys at Patpong 1 and the other at Patpong 2), not sure which one is updated.

By now I've learned it's not that important. The whole strip is a circa 12 minutes walk. Given the demise of Soi Twilight, hotel-wise it would be better to stay at the center of the strip, close to Soi 4.

Recommendations anyone? 

• Members

These will all be in the area you want to be in and all allow guests.....I have stayed in most of them and lived in BKK for 2 years and Thailand for 6.

Tarntawan Hotel Surawong….although not a gay hotel anymore it used to be and almost all the guests are gay. Do not worry if the hotel is for gays or straights....the Thai's could careless.

Glitz.....haven't been in a while and may be a little worn

Siam Heritage is great but I was with someone the entire time I can't say if it allows guests.

Le Meridien

Wall Street Inn, lower-end place but okay

The Rose Hotel

Pinnacle Lumpinee Park, a little farther away but it's still close enough

I have not stayed at the BBB Inn or Trinity Silom but they are guest friendly as well.

Hope this helps!

BBB is closed since a few monthes and the whole area (back side-or rather main road side of former soi Hotmale) is for the wrecking ball.

The Q as such is a bit superfluous, about any HTL in that area will expect you to bring in guests-of whatever sex, their policies on how they accomodate them may be a bit mixed or different. That is; YOU must rent a 2 personroom and pay for that. But then single rooms for 1 person are very rare there anyway. Sites like booking or agoda (the former asean branch, now in fact also run by bkg, but sneekily without taxes added in most prices) will show all the stuff on their maps easily. The total distance you talk about is 5-6 mins walk (IF there are no obstacles-there will be). New HTLs in that area; theFAX, Yellow INn (converted from shophouse above Indian restrt, redPlanet =former AirAsia), D-Varee (hidden away in the soi where the sauna used to be), Urban Age ( the soi with the 3 sleaze bars) and also several in the sidesois of silom rd. Also plenty of recommended AirB&B there-though there is a crackdown on those-current situation a bit unclear. At least 3 and quite big chain HTLs under construction, notably a Ibis-Styles.

IMHO -unless your night last till dawn and you sleep all day-the daytime attractions of that area are nil to negative=its also downtown office special and traffic jams are giant all day. But both BTS=skytrain and MRT=metro are close by.