pauleiro

Rio Salvador Manaus Nov Dec 2019

• Members

Fox sauna friday

It took us more than 1.5 hour to go from Feira de Sao Joaquim to sauna. The city was totally blocked by traffic jams. We were fearing to arrive too early but finally arrive around 6 pm. Facility is nice and clean. Patio at entrance with bar is pleasant and cool. We were immediately spotted as newcomers and tourists ie good cash dispensers. Boys are rather average (compared to Rio) with some exceptions. Rapidly the boldest guys came to introduce themselves and offer services. I went to visit the facility which is quite nice. Only one suite with shower ("Zen suite", 4 rooms with bed and no shower and 4 or 5 cabins with just a bench). 

During this visit, I met a cute guy with nice muscular body, a cute face  and incredible abs. We agreed on a program and went to drink, chat and cuddle before going to the Zen suite. It was not exactly Zen but rather torrid. He was sexy as hell with his huge curved dick and harder than concrete abs. 

We went back to the bar to have a final drink. In the meanwhile, more boys have joined, some of them quite to my liking. Meanwhile, the buddy I am travelling had found a twink he liked. Problem was that it was his first visit to the place and he had to be accepted (the boy, not my buddy)  by the owner of the sauna and the owner was supposed to come at 7 pm, then later, ...

I continue chatting with various boys. One of them introduced me to the owner's son : Izabella. Even though he has the apperance of a woman, he still has a tool which is functionning. Must be quite small to fit into the underwear Izabella wears ... I did not check personnally though  ...

20191214_100627.thumb.jpg.e8b83306590fd8a8409bef7a16d391f7.jpg

I do prefer the perfect six packs abs of my garoto

20191214_112218.jpg.4abd849c3d87677b14998ca6c2b3d415.jpg

After some time, after 8 pm, the owner had still not shown up. The boy who was visiting place for the first time could not go with my friend. I went to reception to put some pressure on the guy. I explained the problem to the guy. He seemed sorry but unable to do anything. I ended my speech with a threatening :"if this boy is not able to go now with my friend, we leave in 10 minutes". The reaction was immediate : "vou liberar ele" (I will give him clearance to enter). 

Generally speaking, I find the people in Salvador much more friendly than in Rio, much more ready to laugh at a practical joke. It is true for uber drivers, waiters, boys in sauna, people in the street, ...

Back to Fox. There was live music that day. Good Brazilian music. I kept on speaking with boys. One from Belem was really great looking and when I told him that I had visited his city, he became even more friendly. 

Fox was good discovery. Best days there are Fridays and Sundays.

BTW both boys (mine and my buddy's tried to increase their prices when in the room : mine to 200 R$, my buddy to ... 300 R$ (and in this last case, service was very poor). We sticked to the agreed amount. I tipped mine by 20 R$ since service has been superb.

• Members
On 12/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, pauleiro said:

Fox sauna friday

It took us more than 1.5 hour to go from Feira de Sao Joaquim to sauna. The city was totally blocked by traffic jams. We were fearing to arrive too early but finally arrive around 6 pm.

On the way to airport, discussing with the uber driver, I understood what had happened. 

On thursday, 5 uber and 99 (other app similar to uber) drivers were called to a communidade (favella). It was a trap and 4 of them were tortured and killed. The 5th managed to escape. This action is supposed to be in retaliation of the fact that the mother of a drug dealer was sick and was to go to hospital, but no taxi or uber or 99 driver accepted the ride.

So friday uber drivers demonstrated in Salvador to demand increased safety and blocked the main avenues. 

20191215_133749.jpg.72676e2ee8ad005e2efe02dfe2fbe728.jpg

Many cars even  until sunday were painted with the word "luto" (mourning) on the glasses.

20191215_192013.jpg.4951b31abc3f3cd7370168c366e13fa1.jpg

While looking for the criminals, police investigated the favela and killed 2 criminals (one of them supposedly involved in the crime) and one innocent ...

Terrible and sad story

• Members

Sunny sunday in Rio. Eyecandy at packed Ipanema beach. Lots of hot bodies. Particularly sexy are the lifeguards. I watched a dark blond lifeguard during some time. Perfect everything from toes to hair. Due to strong currents in Ipanema, lifeguards are nervous and blow their whistle as soon as someone is having water at waist level, asking him to come to the beach.

Some action with the helicopter which rescued someone : the red helicopter came, the 2 lifeguards dived in the sea, put the swimmer in a net and the helicopter landed the net on the beach to have the guy taken to hospital.

20191216_100741.thumb.jpg.d61db88272f46273bd7c647799b0eef4.jpg

Ipanema is a nice but really dangerous beach 

• Members

Updated Executive summary on Salvador 

If you spend a week end in Salvador, spend the sunday night in Salvador : in Salvador (as in Manaus, Belo Horizonte or Porto Alegre), the sunday is a very good day at saunas and for other events (ie Mass at Igreja Nossa Senhoa do Rosario  dos Pretos in Pelourinho at 10 am or Ensaio dos blocos at 3 pm, ...)

Check the Salvadordabahia.com site to see all events in the agenda. Check the Portuguese section which is comprehensive (the English part only gives part of activities).

SAUNAS

Clube 11 is the most popular rentboy sauna in Salvador, followed closely by Fox. 
The boys in Clube 11 are mostly Black, while the boys in Fox are mostly Latin.
Better to go rather early to saunas but maybe not as early as 4 pm. 

Clube 11 (formerly Planetario 11) clean and open facility. No Wifi. Boys rather agressive.
Wednesday, Friday and possibly Saturday are the days to go to Clube 11
Walking distance to Lapa and Pelourinho so when you finish, you still have options on things to do...
The street numbers are fucked for Clube P11 ... the address is 11 Jose Duarte but logically it should be about #91. Better to indicate 86 or 87 rua Jose Duarte for Uber since it is building next door or building in front of sauna. 

Fox
Sunday is best, then followed by Saturday and Friday.
Fox is out of the way compared to Clube 11 location
A bit more upscale than Clube 11
Boys in Fox are less aggressive and better looking in average than in Clube 11 (many twinks)

Thermas Club 13
Not worth the time (1 hour) and money (R$ 70) to get there

Olympus

Another sauna with boys. 

PRICES
Asked : R$ 80 to 100 / R$ 100 - 120 with tip if service is good
Entrance : 35 R$
Suite : 30 R$

Since boys tend to systematically ask for more while in the room, make it clear before you go to the room of the program,  of the price and that the price is not to be discussed again in the room. 

Check your bill at Fox sauna 

FOOD - CLUBS
Moqueca de peixe or de camarao.

20191216_110616.thumb.jpg.c96144dca39c349238d85242139dc06b.jpg

Another typical dish is the Bobo de Camarao. It looks similar to Moqueca but a lot of manioc is added. Therefore, the sauce is thick and sticky. 

Acaraje are absolutely to be tried. It is a mix of beans, dried shrimps, peanuts and caju plus herbs, deep fried in palmtree nut oil. You cut in 2 and stuff it with pasta and shrimp.

20191216_105946.jpg.dd1a91de449b606eb79f039304d19c25.jpg

Rio Vermelho : late night parties and clubs, particularly San Sebastian disco which is best on Fridays and Saturdays

VISITS

Visit Pelhourinho, particularly the square where the slave auctions occurred and the slaves were whipped publicly.

Attend one performance of Bale Folclorico in Pelourinho (everyday except Tuesdays at 8 pm)

BEACHES

There are two beaches and two beach-side neighborhoods in the Barra section of Salvador.

Praia do Porto da Barra is the name of the beach on the port (“porto”) side of Barra, that runs north and south, parallel to Av. Sete de Setembro. It is marked by the two prominent historic forts that the beach area sits between. The area in Barra around this beachside and along this street may often be referred to Porto da Barra.

Praia do Farol da Barra is the name of the beach on the lighthouse (“farol”) side, that runs east and west, runs parallel to Av. Oceânica. It is marked by the lighthouse on the east end / corner and keeps running west of it until the hill with the small Christ statue. The area in Barra around this beachside and along this street may often be referred to Farol da Barra.

When thinking of a capital L, Porto da Barra is the vertical part, the lighthouse is the converging point, and Farol da Barra is the horizontal part. For the purposes of this group, the Praia do Porto da Barra beach is the most dense, is the most crowded, and towards its most northern end, is more “gay”.

Trip to Praia da Forte, and sea turtle sanctuary 

Night of Samba on the beach (monday or tuesday).

• Members

Sauna Olympus in Salvador

Did not find time to go there. It is a sauna with boys which seems worth discovering. The same saturday when Clube11 was having the election of Mister Clube 11, they were proposing a life sex show.

20191216_111250.thumb.jpg.f9dff07fcdb21eee5661e419d5310c97.jpg

Their mondays and wednesday special is particularly attractive : R$ 100 for entrance + boy + suite

20191216_111237.jpg.4b7ac37a2b87bbeb8370071b22f5f18b.jpg

I must go back to Salvador ! 

Has anyone experienced this sauna ? 

• Members
Just now, SolaceSoul said:

I go to Salvador every year. Been there, done that. I reviewed Olympus in a previous thread about Salvador along with 11 and Fox. 

Posted April 19, 2018 by SolaceSoul

"Sauna Olympus is very small, run-down and very hit-or-miss. I have been there maybe 5 times over a period of 10 years, and only had one decent programa (and that was a threesome the first or second time I went — downhill from there). At the most, I have seen 4 GPs working at a time.  The owner / manager claimed that I was there at slow times (I wasn’t) and that there was always a better night (there never was) — I never stayed more than an hour and always on my way to another sauna"

---

Maybe not really worth a visit then ! Or just to check before going to another sauna

• Members
On 12/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, pauleiro said:

Festa do Vale Tudo in Lyon's Club next Sunday (sauna is closed on sundays).

20191216_172529.thumb.jpg.a98657eae5a43441b1529a96b27b4a96.jpg

Anyone been to one of these parties? How does it work? Would it be a night like regular gay saunas where customers hook up with each other or still with working boys?

• Members

There were many many boys in 117 yesterday but many left around 7.30 pm to go to ... Lion's which is just around the corner. The reason is that there was a lotery in Lion's with possibility to win an iphone. To the contrary of what was happening at the beginning where no advertisement whatsoever was made on the activities in the club, Lion's is communicating a lot for instance on netgay.com.br. I am not sure it will be sufficient to bring sufficient boys and customers to make the place profitable but at least they are trying hard. There are also many bargains at Lion's : free suites, reduced entrance fees.

It is good to have a look at Lion's for instance on a Friday nite which is supposed to be a good nite in Lion's. Generally speaking, the boys there are not the same as the ones going to Pointe or to 117. If Lion's not good, it is easy to walk to 117. I did meet there a couple of great looking guys (whom I meet now in 117 since they no longer go to Lion's - prices went up from 100/120 to 120/150 R$).

20191218_104134.thumb.jpg.61befb42552cd927b398fa49215da0e1.jpg

20191218_104116.thumb.jpg.3d7e9b2280c97fd31f0784c9674fd627.jpg

• Members

I wish them no harm and I would support the idea of clients surging up towards Lapa long enough to give the cubs a fighting chance and establish a new set point of inventory, but the iPhone prize gambit sounds like desperately selling off the Crown Jewels, as if the “poison pill” already referenced weren’t enough.

How much would I hedge here? ... 117 chaps filing into Monik’s; Lions filing under chapters 11 & 7. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Riobard said:

but the iPhone prize gambit sounds like desperately selling off the Crown Jewels,

Could be. In addition, even though the price was actually won by a garoto, I heard from a boy who attended that there were not so many boys and  not so many customers. Boys are mostly the former Meio Mundo type, the best looking ones going then to 117 or Pointe and increasing their prices.

• Members
9 hours ago, pauleiro said:

I always thought that Acyr was owner of Lions. But today I was told that he is manager and that one of the owners is American ? Is that so ? 

The owner of Lions is an American whose first name, I believe, is James. Hopefully, for his sake, he has a more diversified investment portfolio than this sauna. Acyr is not really an owner as much as he is a promoter for the C-list and D-list less desirable garotos in Rio. 

• Members
19 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

The owner of Lions is an American whose first name, I believe, is James. Hopefully, for his sake, he has a more diversified investment portfolio than this sauna. Acyr is not really an owner as much as he is a promoter for the C-list and D-list less desirable garotos in Rio. 

That name (James) was indeed the name which was given to me. Acyr might have the C and D lists, but he has also gems in his adress book. 6 months ago, I met in Lions Alessandro who was personnally invited by Acyr to come to Lions. Nice muscular body, cute face, nice smile, great look, friendly. A-list for me. He now goes more often to 117 than to Lions (I am not even sure he still goes to Lions).

• Members
15 minutes ago, pauleiro said:

That name (James) was indeed the name which was given to me. Acyr might have the C and D lists, but he has also gems in his adress book. 6 months ago, I met in Lions Alessandro who was personnally invited by Acyr to come to Lions. Nice muscular body, cute face, nice smile, great look, friendly. A-list for me. He now goes more often to 117 than to Lions (I am not even sure he still goes to Lions).

As my grandmother always said, “there’s a lid for every pot.”