Tomcal

New Lagoa

I am going to miss this place! I went there my first time with Hooboy when my boyfriend and I made our first visit to Brazil.  Hooboy was in Sao Paulo and wanted us to visit for a few weeks and we did.  He has been there for week or months already and was known by all the guys so he was able to introduce us to some guys that were fun. But, we had met a guy in Rio we both really liked and we flew him to Sao Paulo with us for 3 ways each night. He was actually from Sao Paulo and worked in the saunas there but was visiting Rio while we were there at New Year's Eve. Hooboy made sure we were visited by more than just a few of his friends over our stay in Sao Paulo and our favorite destination was Lagoa! To this day, I still love the place and it is one reason I always stayed in Sao Paulo more than Rio.

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

I think SP has a better selection of good restaurants and I have a feeling that you liked the Intercontinental in SP more too ;-)

I did like the hotel but the restaurant choices, malls, and museums were great. I also liked all the parks and the cruising.

• Members
On 9/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, Tomcal said:

my friend talked to Rudolfo the owner of Lagoa last night and he told him the remodeling of the new facility is going along well but now the are shooting for a December 15th Grand Opening! So when i am there the first week of November i will be saying farewell visit to the old place with many fond memories over the past 18 years i have been going there!

4C139535-B7FB-46E1-AE1C-CF8A2BF68591.png

8F2C2BC4-D50D-4318-AD6B-39B2B74166A5.jpeg

I think Rodolfo needs a new calendar.  He keeps changing the opening date for his new replacement sauna for Lagoa.  

First Rodolfo said, "sometime in October" then he said various dates in November. 

He recently told tomcal's friend that the sauna would open December 15th. 

I just had a phone call from a Brazilian friend who occasionally has dinner with Rodolfo.  My friend went to Lagoa last night and was told by Rodolfo that the new sauna will be open in November! 

How hilarious with so many different dates.  

Either the contractors are dragging their feet or having trouble with construction of the new sauna or Rodolfo is having fun keeping his clients and the garotos guessing about the opening date for the replacement sauna.   He does have an unusual sense of humor.

One good thing is that the Lagoa sauna will not close until the new sauna opens, whichever date that might be. 

Whether the replacement sauna opens in October, November or December, it does not matter because the original Lagoa sauna is open for business and is doing quite well.