Craftybutcher

Brazilian guy for my friend

A fiend of mine, over 60, is seeing a 28 year old Brazilian, who fucks like a rabbit apparently. He visits the UK where my friend lives when he can and insists on paying (most of ) his way. Has anyone ever heard of a young Brazilian guy falling for an older English/ American guy, or do you think, as most of his friends do, that he is simply taking him for a ride and wants a marriage of convenience to get a British passport?

• Members
1 minute ago, Craftybutcher said:

Lol, it actually is a friend! I’m in a long term relationship.

Ok, then bless his heart. And bless your heart for doubting even for one nanosecond that this situation with the twentysomething brasileiro and your sexagenarian Brit friend is any more than it actually is.

Many marriages are transactional. The fact that the Hot Guy wants something out of this too isn't  a deal breaker.

These stories get told all the time, and my read on them is that it isn't the self interest of the younger guy that is the killer. It's the self-delusion of older guy. They want a fairy tale. Not that it never happens, but then some people win the lottery too. 

If you go in with clear eyes, and proper financial protections, then you can see how it evolves. Really, is trading some hot times and companionship for a british passport such a bad trade for your friend? If he had a good time  for 3 or 4 years, and then hottie left your friend, would that be worth it to him? Be fair to the younger guy. If he is trying to improve his life, is marrying for money/opportunity so bad? It has been happening for millenia. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was genuine friendship and affection, but...

The danger is if your friend starts to fall into princess mode and think this hot young guy will be faithful to him forever. Love cannot be bought. But, the stories of older men throwing their wealth at younger men hoping that this truism will somehow not apply to them are legion. When younger hottie achieves his needs, then the transaction begin to end.

• Members

For UK, am I right that it is 5 years indefinite leave to remain + 3 additional years of the conjugal status, a total of 8 to the finish line of naturalization, based on sponsorship methodology? If so, a full year of intense itch for the rogering rabbit, and he’ll be old too. I may be reading it inaccurately. I’d expect to fickle out myself, sneaking out to Giani. 

2 hours ago, Riobard said:

For UK, am I right that it is 5 years indefinite leave to remain + 3 additional years of the conjugal status, a total of 8 to the finish line of naturalization, based on sponsorship methodology? If so, a full year of intense itch for the rogering rabbit, and he’ll be old too. I may be reading it inaccurately. I’d expect to fickle out myself, sneaking out to Giani. 

I’ve no idea what it is, but I know it’s been made stricter recently, my friend says he needs to have an income of £19k, which he has just. Who is Giani......?

• Members

Yes @Craftybutcher I’ve known this to happen before. The romance I know of was a middle-aged closeted ex-Army officer going on holiday to Brazil...and coming back to the UK with a slim young 21year old as his live-in boyfriend.

The problems emerged later. The boyfriend couldn’t work legally and as he came from a poor background, he delighted in the ready availability of fresh food, unlimited baked goods and desserts. The slim 21year old soon morphed into a very fat 25year old and the middle-aged guy was less and less enamoured of his boyfriend’s rapidly expanding waistline.