Santiagodc

Propecia?

I’m in my late 40’s and have started to lose hair on my head. I just moved to the USA. I saw in two publications that this new company (Roman) makes male products such as propecia (finasteride) easily and safely available in the USA. The studies online seem to indicate that medicine for hair loss is safe for 18-41, with the previous caution prescribing for over 41 now lifted. My German doctor would not prescribed it all all because I was over 41. 

Aside from the fact Trump takes this medicine, have any of you over 41 been taking it? Does it work for you? Any side effects?

I've been taking it for a long time. My (bald) Dr. said it basically stops your hair loss where it is now, doesn't really grow hair, just puts on the brakes. Minoxidil will grow hair, only in the crown area. You can use both if needed, I do. If you were ever to get a hair transplant, they also prescribe propecia to you.

Side effects on Propecia will be a reduced amount of cum....very reduced. There are reports that after taking propecia that the side effect stays, even if you stop using it. Also, if you stop using it, they say that any hair that has been saved, will fall out rapidly and you'll be at  the point of where you would have been had you not used it. I like having hair and I still orgasm, just don't have the same amount of cum....decisions, decisions....hair or more cum?

• Members

I’ve been taking a slightly different drug called Avodart (dutasteride) for about 15 years now, prescribed off label by my general practitioner. It works like finasteride except that it blocks two of the hormones that contribute to hair loss, while finasteride blocks just one. I have to say that it significantly reversed my hair loss and I haven’t noticed any sexual side effects (although ymmv). I only have the pull every other day, which helps reduce the cost. 

• Members

It's an anti-testosterone medication. Dutasteride may be a bit more specific for certain testosterone receptors. Finasteride and dutasteride will both reduce the amount of cum you produce first by blocking testosterone directly (immediate effect), and secondly by shrinking the prostate, which is the organ that produces most of your cum (long-term effect which may last years). It's extremely safe in men over 40. In fact, if you're ever to get prostate cancer, it will delay the onset of your getting prostate cancer, possibly for as long as you take it. 

• Members

Interesting information! I have my testosterone levels checked annually and my doctor says they are in a normal range, even with the dutasteride. Maybe that means I was just a raging hormonal maniac prior to taking the drug! That said, prostate cancer runs in my family so I’m happy to do anything to reduce my risk of getting it. 

• Members
7 hours ago, AaronInDallas said:

Interesting information! I have my testosterone levels checked annually and my doctor says they are in a normal range, even with the dutasteride. Maybe that means I was just a raging hormonal maniac prior to taking the drug! That said, prostate cancer runs in my family so I’m happy to do anything to reduce my risk of getting it. 

Well, if you're not having side-effects, you might as well take it. Dutasteride doesn't actually lower testosterone levels, but rather, it blocks the testosterone receptors in the prostate, if that makes sense. All men will get prostate cancer if they live long enough, so when you say that prostate cancer runs in the family, it's important to differentiate whether prostate cancer has killed members of your family, or whether just it's been discovered through screening tests (most prostate cancers never affect the life of the person who has it). In the US, autopsy results on men who die for other reasons show that the chance of having an undiagnosed prostate cancer roughly equals your age (i.e. 30% at age 30, 80% at age 80). 

Edited by unicorn