Lucky

All Powerful; Accountable To No One-TRUMP!

• Members

With the Senate poised to laugh at the House's impeachment case, they will create a situation where Trump will be accountable to no one.

It will be much better for him than killing someone on Fifth Avenue. Our system of government provides checks and balances with its three tiers.

The Supreme Court will cast the final vote, and it is hard to believe that a majority would act to stop Trump's rise. He can snub the Congress and

the Constitution. Wait until his term is up and he refuses to leave. Will Mitch McConnell grow a pair then, or will it be too late?

We knew that the Senate would never do their job. This was a given. They say this daily. Our country is divided and it started in our leaders. It was started by racists spewing hate and it continues with the same group.

RA1: Obama never saw himself above the law. Trump does, always has, and always will. There is a huge difference between these two.

The core tenants of democracy, Promises and Propaganda, spewed to a grossly uninformed electorate, often gets you chaos.  But there is not yet a better proven form of governing.

If after all this nonsense, a Democratic candidate fails to become a convincingly better alternative, then the US gets exactly what it deserves until January of 2025.  

Edited by bucky13

17 hours ago, RA1 said:

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-many-terms-has-obama-served-3971835

I did not state various suggestions were "serious", only that they existed.

Best regards,

RA1

One would think that thinking subsists of sorting the innumerable things that ‘exist’ from those that are true.

• Members
On 12/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, TotallyOz said:

We knew that the Senate would never do their job. This was a given. They say this daily. Our country is divided and it started in our leaders. It was started by racists spewing hate and it continues with the same group.

RA1: Obama never saw himself above the law. Trump does, always has, and always will. There is a huge difference between these two.

I think virtually all pols think themselves above the law, at least until they are caught.

Best regards,

RA1

On 12/19/2019 at 11:05 AM, RA1 said:

I think virtually all pols think themselves above the law, at least until they are caught.

Best regards,

RA1

Presidents are continually presented with calculated risks they have to determine whether they are in the national interest to enact.

John Adams’s Alien & Sedition Acts was perhaps the first example. Lincoln’s suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War, another.

BO ordered an unending rain of drone strikes against known terrorist operators which clearly violated the standing law, but that I for one am glad he did. Etc etc.

As @TotallyOz says above, it is a question of motive. Our current Executive has zippo interest in the national interest, only his own.

• Members
13 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Presidents are continually presented with calculated risks they have to determine whether they are in the national interest to enact.

John Adams’s Alien & Sedition Acts was perhaps the first example. Lincoln’s suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War, another.

BO ordered an unending rain of drone strikes against known terrorist operators which clearly violated the standing law, but that I for one am glad he did. Etc etc.

As @TotallyOz says above, it is a question of motive. Our current Executive has zippo interest in the national interest, only his own.

Even when they coincide?

Best  regards,

RA1

• Members
14 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

How, in this instance, do they possibly do so?

My crystal ball is on the fritz and partly cloudy.  I have no way of determining DT's motives, only his actions.  The economy is humming along, we might soon have the treaty with Mexico and Canada ratified, we might be making some progress with China, probably not much if any progress with North Korea but at least they are on notice that we are watching them.  Basically what I see is that most past Presidents did much the same (attend to their own agenda) but DT is doing it publicly.  I hope some of these actions coincide with the national interests (and yours also),

Best regards,

RA1

14 hours ago, RA1 said:

My crystal ball is on the fritz and partly cloudy.  I have no way of determining DT's motives, only his actions.  The economy is humming along, we might soon have the treaty with Mexico and Canada ratified, we might be making some progress with China, probably not much if any progress with North Korea but at least they are on notice that we are watching them.  Basically what I see is that most past Presidents did much the same (attend to their own agenda) but DT is doing it publicly.  I hope some of these actions coincide with the national interests (and yours also),

Best regards,

RA1

I will say, I am sorry, but I truly don't get anyone who can't see this man as a con man, immoral and unfit to lead this nation. I have tried my best to find something positive about him and I can't find it. His a disgusting and can't control his emotions, tweets, urges, or impulses. He is not who America needs to lead it. IMHO, any one of the Democratic runners would do a better job.

• Members
7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I will say, I am sorry, but I truly don't get anyone who can't see this man as a con man, immoral and unfit to lead this nation. I have tried my best to find something positive about him and I can't find it. His a disgusting and can't control his emotions, tweets, urges, or impulses. He is not who America needs to lead it. IMHO, any one of the Democratic runners would do a better job.

NP.  I mostly held my tongue during the administration of BO, among others.  As you probably have gathered I view all pols as con men or women, immoral and unfit to lead the nation.  They all have feet of clay.  When it is said that one President or other so called leader is better than others, it is comparing one thief to others.

Best regards,

RA1

7 minutes ago, RA1 said:

NP.  I mostly held my tongue during the administration of BO, among others.  As you probably have gathered I view all pols as con men or women, immoral and unfit to lead the nation.  They all have feet of clay.  When it is said that one President or other so called leader is better than others, it is comparing one thief to others.

Best regards,

RA1

IMHO, that is like calling someone who killed someone protecting his family a murderer and on the same level as Hitler. They are not the same in any way, shape or form.

If you view all politicians as unfit, who do you think should lead?

• Members
7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

IMHO, that is like calling someone who killed someone protecting his family a murderer and on the same level as Hitler. They are not the same in any way, shape or form.

If you view all politicians as unfit, who do you think should lead?

I think we are happy to have checks and balances via the 3 branches of government.  Not a perfect solution but the best one so far.  From time to time even this gets out of kilter but so far this nation has survived.  However, some think not for long.

Best regards,

RA1

2 hours ago, RA1 said:

I think we are happy to have checks and balances via the 3 branches of government.  Not a perfect solution but the best one so far.  From time to time even this gets out of kilter but so far this nation has survived.  However, some think not for long.

Best regards,

RA1

I notice you did not answer the question. You response reminds me of all the politicians on the Sunday AM talk shows who go on and answer question after question that is never an answer to the question. I understand for sure.  There is no real answer for anything Trump other than just he is shaking things up or they are all the same. In reality, he has taken the country for a spin and our allies are now further away from us than ever and we are a laughing stock around the world. We have a dummy and asshole as President and that is defiantly something I do not remember having in my lifetime with any other President. Obama was pussy and wanted to play fair with all, George was not the smartest man around but he had smart people around him, Clinton was power hungry, and I could go on. But, none of them were an asshole and cared only about themselves. 

• Members
13 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I notice you did not answer the question. You response reminds me of all the politicians on the Sunday AM talk shows who go on and answer question after question that is never an answer to the question. I understand for sure.  There is no real answer for anything Trump other than just he is shaking things up or they are all the same. In reality, he has taken the country for a spin and our allies are now further away from us than ever and we are a laughing stock around the world. We have a dummy and asshole as President and that is defiantly something I do not remember having in my lifetime with any other President. Obama was pussy and wanted to play fair with all, George was not the smartest man around but he had smart people around him, Clinton was power hungry, and I could go on. But, none of them were an asshole and cared only about themselves. 

Sorry, I thought my various answers implied that I would do the best I could with whoever was elected, regardless of my personal opinion of them and all pols.  The system is "bent" at the moment with the entire country NOT doing what I suggested, going along with whomever.  Half hate and half love, but these things are NOT graded on the curve.

Best regards,

RA1

12 hours ago, RA1 said:

Sorry, I thought my various answers implied that I would do the best I could with whoever was elected, regardless of my personal opinion of them and all pols.  The system is "bent" at the moment with the entire country NOT doing what I suggested, going along with whomever.  Half hate and half love, but these things are NOT graded on the curve.

Best regards,

RA1

One observed that for all your accurate criticisms of the current system, you have never offered a description of a desired better one.

What would it look like? In detail, please.

• Members
13 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

One observed that for all your accurate criticisms of the current system, you have never offered a description of a desired better one.

What would it look like? In detail, please.

As has been said by many in the past, no matter how many flaws, our system is the best we know of so far.  I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, only suggesting that we all could do better.  I take much solace in our system of 3 branch checks and balances, even though I think the system is out of whack now.  

Free everything produces lotus eaters and we would cease to advance.

MX to all.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
On 12/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

A few well regarded recent presidents focused on civil rights and providing financial hope to the poor and disenfranchised. Not concerns of Donald Trump, an understatement. LBJ appointed Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court. DT appointed Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

• Members
11 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

A few well regarded recent presidents focused on civil rights and providing financial hope to the poor and disenfranchised. Not concerns of Donald Trump, an understatement. LBJ appointed Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court. DT appointed Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Virtually every President, well regarded or otherwise, has had his good days and bad.  It is your constitutional right to complain about the bad, also to glorify the good.  I am glad that you have seen fit to exercise your rights.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
6 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Some have many more of one than the other.

As always, it is a matter of perspective.

HNY.

Best regards,

RA1