Tomcal

As of 12:25pm today exchange Rate

13 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Google translate works great But you missed the point of the post!  Don’t negotiate! Give the price you think it is worth and if they don’t accept say thanks and go to the next guy you are interested in! 9-1/2 times out of 10 he will stop you before you can say a word to the next guy! :-)

I get your point.

But I have to somehow make an initial offer, do they normally understand some basic English, like one hundred fifty?

30 minutes ago, babybear2 said:

I get your point.

But I have to somehow make an initial offer, do they normally understand some basic English, like one hundred fifty?

I you don’t use a translation app on your phone just do what we all did before smartphones, hold up your fingers and go one five zero ( um cinco zero or whatever you are offering.)

• Members

Right now I don't think I'd be too worried about the cost of the programa as long as I was attracted to the hot, young well-built guy with the beautiful skin ramming his big, hard cock deep inside me. I wouldn't even mind if he kept saying "take it, daddy, take it deep!"

But, we are miles apart. Sigh.

• Members
14 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Google translate works great But you missed the point of the post!  Don’t negotiate! Give the price you think it is worth and if they don’t accept say thanks and go to the next guy you are interested in! 9-1/2 times out of 10 he will stop you before you can say a word to the next guy! :-)

Will be so fun to see tomcal give the stern thanks but no thank you live. lol

• Members
2 hours ago, sluttino said:

Tomcal, I get that your experience and familiarity to the guys working there may negate the need to negotiate.  BUT:  I don't think it's a good idea for most of us going to the saunas to meet garotos to not confirm the agreed upon fees BEFORE getting intimately acquainted.  Most of the guys are above board, but especially  in desperate times like these, more than just a few might create a scene when you're finished and they only then tell you they expect you to pay much more than you had expected.  I think it's always a good idea to know going in what the agreed upon fees will be.  I speak from a couple bad experiences years ago, when despite my having been there several times over the years, some of the garotos would jack up their rate after we'd finished if we had not clearly agreed first. 

I will agree that the best approach is to simply say upfront, “eu pago x reais” (I pay x BrazilIan dollars), and don’t ASK the garoto “quanto custa?” (how much?). If you’re in the “going-rate” range, if you’re not some smelly hideous ogre, and if you’re not asking for some crazy deviant sexual shit, then 9 times out of 10, you’ll get a yes. For that other 1 out of 10 that counteroffers with a higher price that you just don’t want to pay, you can simply walk away — there will be no hard feelings if you didn’t take up too much of the garoto’s time. Sometimes the garoto will just walk away himself!  Sometimes they return to you for your original asking price.

If you do choose to pay the higher price, I would suggest ONLY doing this in those rare cases that this certain garoto is an absolute must-have, never-to-be-experienced-again type that is every dream for you. But newsflash: there’s one like that around every corner in Rio, so you should not be afraid to simply say “no thanks” or “maybe later”, and just walk away.

And in follow-up meetings with a garoto you’ve been with in the past, it never hurts to repeat before the programa is booked, “x reais”, so that there’s no misunderstanding (or if it’s been quite a while since your last visit, and his prices might have gone up).

But if you’re a first-timer and you’re only going to be in Brazil for a few days, and won’t experience it again (or for years to come), then I’m not going to tell you to let a 50 reais price differential cause you to miss out on your dream garoto that you may never see again. That’s your judgment call to make at the time. I know if I were ever in that position (which admittedly, would have been a long time ago!), I would choose the experience with the man of my sexual and physical dreams over a few dollars price differential — but that’s for each person to decide. 

• Members

Getting back to shifting monetary considerations, the devalued real means little against my equity slide equivalent to thousands of prospective individual programa costs. And it may be that the current bear market has not truly bottomed out. 

Not that I should complain as someone with a stable fixed income with no commitments and with the ability to isolate in place. I’ll wait to whine when it is realized there are limits to printing money and we have to be taxed back for the current rescue largesse

• Members

The highest ‘ask’ I witnessed from a GdeP was R$400, 5 times more than some unbelievably hot guys I have been with, but I was essentially a pimping bystander. I had a bit of time to facilitate a newbie’s (American, decent-looking, 40s ... irrelevant factors) first trick; he very politely requested guidance.

Soon enough, GeP known to me (in fact, known to many here), the gringo, and me all crammed momentarily in the small antechamber linking inside and outdoor bars along with dressing room access. Gringo obviously interested, scort without missing a beat blurts out “400” (the nerve! but how could this brat know I would not collude!?). I laughed, replied “150”, done, everybody happy, or maybe not. 

3 hours ago, Anthonyvan said:

Will be so fun to see tomcal give the stern thanks but no thank you live. lol

Thanks but I really haven’t had to do that in a long time! :-)

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

R$400, 5 times more than some unbelievably hot guys I have been with, 

Wow...you have been getting unbelievably hot guys for $80.R?? I am impressed!

• Members
18 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

Thanks but I really haven’t had to do that in a long time! :-)

Wow...you have been getting unbelievably hot guys for $80.R?? I am impressed!

I should clarify. There is nothing special about this and there may be some readers getting the false impression there is one cookie-cutter way to engage. I would never only give a guy 80 for a half hour beginning to end, though some had requested as little as that before I shifted to the model of stating what the fee would be.

However, I am predisposed to extended sessions, quality over quantity, of an evening, and have been paying 50-75 by the unrushed half hour. Many guys seem to be happy with one reasonably solid guaranteed paycheque on their shift and often get dressed to leave afterwards. This works well, with substantial savings on longer visits, if one can subdue the anxiety of FOMO in terms of availability of an inventory of must-do new guys. 

Years ago I fell into the trap of sequential programas at a much higher cumulative amount. It’s just that now I want a few hot-and-heavy hours and I am more than content for it to be my top pick. I just happen to prefer to blow my load after a buildup of a few hours with a muscle stud. They usually volunteer to nut as well without complex negotiation ... I always say it is their choice. 

Occasionally I will pay a guy 75 for a standard half hour of sensual sub-sexual foreplay, without my pursuing orgasm and without being on exhibitionistic display in the common area. Not surprisingly, they often see this as better than kicking around trying to snare a full programa and they go a bit out of their way to give an appealing sample of what could occur in an extended session. 

The topic is personally silly to me because higher rates in Spain have never deterred me and I would be accepting of North American rates in my city if I could find guys as hot and impressively performative as the ones in Brazil.

Quick question since it seems to be a HOT topic?

Who is actually in or headed to Brazil to enjoy the favorable exchange rate?  Nobody...

While the exchange rate is great for every other country besides Brazil....in these crazy times when nobody can actually go and enjoy the country or help share the wealth, this topic went all the way left...

We need to all be empathetic to others during these times versus fussing (how it seemed to me) about how much of a deal you can get versus someone else...

• Members
30 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I would never only give a guy 80 for a half hour beginning to end, though some had requested as little as that before I shifted to the model of stating what the fee would be.

However, I am predisposed to extended sessions, quality over quantity, of an evening, and have been paying 50-75 by the unrushed half hour. Many guys seem to be happy with one reasonably solid guaranteed paycheque on their shift and often get dressed to leave afterwards

@Riobard, I’m trying to understand this, and make it make sense for anyone who attempts to read it.

A simple “yes “ or “no” to the following  question will do:

Are you booking programas in the saunas with garotos for longer periods (like 90 minutes, for example), and agreeing in advance to a rate that is about 50 - 80 reais for every 30 minutes?

Yes, or no?

• Members

Haha ... yes/no? It’s a challenge to even answer unequivocally in all cases who is an asshole.

What could be more confusing to readers is why somebody might accept rudeness here yet neither tolerate manipulative up-sells from providers nor lock-step on the arbitrary 30-minute programa.

Anybody interested in the range of possibilities exclusively within the clubs can always read the thousands of related posts here or DM me if questions about my particular experiences. I had actually provided updated examples in the recent past and a non-troll should be able to put it together. A narrative account sometimes adds value to the spreadsheet or rate-card system. 

If I were new to this message board I would benefit from reading all the posts, on pain of outrageous repetitiveness, in order to avoid a rigid and narrow approach to transactions. Not so much to learn the exact way each time necessary to avoid toppling the commercial sex economy. There will also naturally be a default overemphasis on financial aspects going forward because there is no sex occurring for the foreseeable future. You will see regular update feed on currency exchanges that are easily accessible elsewhere. 

———
For some of you commenting here I would add that you must definitely never, under any circumstance, deviate from the $20 per-song arrangement should you ever substitute or add Montreal strip club visits to your sex tourism. These are my strict bossy-pants orders. The tab accumulates song by song, for example over two hours, about $400 whether it is 4 private sequential dance sessions with 4 different guys or 1 stripper. No games, no exceptions. The model is one song at a time, clarifying the addition of each subsequent track with an assent to continue. Don’t fuck it up. If you later claim to get a deal you are definitely lying. 

Edited by Riobard
Splng

• Members
23 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Haha ... yes/no? It’s a challenge to even answer unequivocally in all cases who is an asshole.

What could be more confusing to readers is why somebody might accept rudeness here yet neither tolerate manipulative up-sells from providers nor lock-step on the arbitrary 30-minute programa.

Anybody interested in the range of possibilities exclusively within the clubs can always read the thousands of related posts here or DM me if questions about my particular experiences. I had actually provided updated examples in the recent past and a non-troll should be able to put it together. A narrative account sometimes adds value to the spreadsheet or rate-card system. 

If I were new to this message board I would benefit from reading all the posts, on pain of outrageous repetitiveness, in order to avoid a rigid and narrow approach to transactions. Not so much to learn the exact way each time necessary to avoid toppling the commercial sex economy. There will also naturally be a default overemphasis on financial aspects going forward because there is no sex occurring for the foreseeable future. You will see regular update feed on currency exchanges that are easily accessible elsewhere. 

———
For some of you commenting here I would add that you must definitely never, under any circumstance, deviate from the $20 per-song arrangement should you ever substitute or add Montreal strip club visits to your sex tourism. These are my strict bossy-pants orders. The tab accumulates song by song, for example over two hours, about $400 whether it is 4 private sequential dance sessions with 4 different guys or 1 stripper. No games, no exceptions. The model is one song at a time, clarifying the addition of each subsequent track with an assent to continue. Don’t fuck it up. If you later claim to get a deal you are definitely lying. 

It was a simple question, intended for clarification purposes, that only required a one-word yes or no answer.  

• Members
20 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

It was a simple question, intended for clarification purposes, that only required a one-word yes or no answer.  

Wrong. You wanted more. You understood what I wrote because you grasp and tap into the transactional variations that occur in São Paulo, Rio, Salvador. You were manipulative in this case, likely for attention.

You behaved for a time following your ban. Now you are gradually escalating again because you miss the Sandbox. There has to be a you. I don’t require you to agree. It just is.

It is entertaining to a point though. Would you consider expanding the pool of jury selection beyond the same ‘ol? 

The number of readers out of the estimated 30,000+ that pursue further clarification from me will reflect how difficult it is to follow what I wrote. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Riobard said:

You wanted more. You understood what I wrote because you grasp and tap into the transactional variations that occur in São Paulo, Rio, Salvador. You were manipulative in this case, likely for attention.

You behaved for a time following your ban. Now you are gradually escalating again because you miss the Sandbox. There has to be a you. I don’t require you to agree. It just is.

I actually only wanted a simple yes or no on that particular question, because I was genuinely interested in clarification on that specific part of your nonsensical, puzzling read. Everything else is in your head.

I’m not interested in engaging with you at all otherwise. If I were, I would have responded to your very long-winded and revealing unsolicited — and frankly, quite stalkerish and creepy! — private message that you sent me a few weeks ago, asking for details or an opinion about another poster. 

Would you like me to post a screenshot?

• Members

No, this was between me and a few educated members/friends I reached out to, 1:1, not group communication, to consult about a disturbing, to say the least bizarre, experience with a person I did not name. I did not expect it to come up. The person has not been revealed and my account of events was situational. It would serve no purpose to triangulate the players in our current little dust-up. As this is similar to, for example, a behind-scenes DM debriefing about an upsetting or ominous interaction with a provider, including you reflected my view that you have the intelligence to make a judgement about a sequence of events that was unsettling. One’s social circle for many of use precludes seeking opinion related to our stigmatized activity context. I realized the risk of impugning someone (an undefined entity) in that regard, but it turns out some time on that I was completely on track and learned something important about veracity and appearances. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

No, this was between me and a few educated members/friends I reached out to, 1:1

1  Even if it were true that you do have friends, you and I are not even friendly and never have been. We have never met, and never communicated offline, and I have never expressed any interest in changing that. Anyone of sound mind reading my posts could tell it was always quite the opposite. The fact that you misread my clear pity for you as some kind of “friendly banter” and invitation for you to gossip with me about guys, posters and clients goes to your own inability to pick up on obvious social cues (written or otherwise) and your distorted sense of reality. 

2. What you described yourself doing to that other poster in that PM to me was nothing short of cyberstalking and doxxing another poster that you had met face to face at a sauna. The information that you gathered about this poster/client on your little fact-finding mission was none of your business in the first place! So, clearly, you learned the wrong lesson, or are incapable of learning it.  Which shows that you have a serious problem with boundaries as well as a loose screw, and could possibly be dangerous to others. Smart people who are highly educated in one field can also be (or become) mentally unwell.

3. And then you told all of this in a PM to at least one someone (me) who has never even been remotely friendly with you or expressed any desire to be (in fact, quite the opposite!). Thus, confirming that you also exercise very poor judgment.

4. I know this poster isn’t the only one you’ve creeped around and stepped over informational boundaries with. It’s what you do. And what is this for you, screen name #4 or #5 on these kinds of forums?

I am not posting this for your benefit, because it’s clear that you refuse to change your behavior or seek clinical help. No doubt you’ll defensively respond with yet another long-winded post of nonsensical gobblygook disguised as a research synopsis. I’m posting this so that other posters may see this invasive, unhealthy and frankly, potentially damaging pattern of yours. 

• Members

Our friendliest or neutral few exchanges have been DM, as Riobard, not any other of my vast array of profile aliases; we have some history of mutual emoticon props; I am on good terms with anyone I have met or communicated with privately, less two this week; and any past spicy content is water under the bridge in comparison to the occasional takedown death-blows attempted on the Board.

I had jokingly referred to my experience debriefing as ‘gossip’ in order to keep it light while circumspect, but it was very off-putting. The weight of it figured prominently in suspending ‘bad blood’ considerations but did not eliminate the realization my choice could be ultimately weaponized. Perhaps I thought the worst that could happen was that it would validate your wise admonishments about intersecting off page.