Tomcal

pointe 202 announces re-opening

• Members
On 7/2/2020 at 9:39 PM, tassojunior said:

All this exclusion would have been nice back when the virus was first coming in but restrictions on travel now are like closing the barn door after 2 million horses have escaped. 

So true and so funny ! 

• Members
3 hours ago, pauleiro said:

I chatted with boy. He is scared to go as many of his friends. Not sure if he got info from someone who actually went there or if it is his guess

I am glad the local sauna goers are acting rationally. I am afraid we will have to go to a new generation of saunas if we ever return to Brazil.

• Members
5 hours ago, pauleiro said:

I chatted with boy. He is scared to go as many of his friends. Not sure if he got info from someone who actually went there or if it is his guess

Two BrazilIans I know showed up for the 202 re-opening, and the doors were locked. 

It looks like the opening has been postponed.

• Members

Current pop-adjusted mortality projections for USA and Brazil [below]. Brazil a higher total by November with larger area under the curve of daily deaths. There is mounting evidence that the Y-axis denominator should be 1 million, not 100,000 as in the graphs.

By November, Canada is projected to have higher per capita daily deaths than either USA or Brazil. I hope we know by then a lot more about true natural immunity duration and longer-term infection clinical effects. 

If current USA incidence is closer to 40 million, it essentially had doubled from 20 over the past 6 weeks. It had also doubled from 10 to 20 over the 6 weeks prior to that period. If the doubling rate persists, herd immunity threshold (circa 60%) could be achieved by winter, of course no iron-clad guarantee of anything because of what remains unknown. 

Anything seems weirdly possible. Reaching community immunity prior to a viable vaccine roll-out. A tobacco-based vaccine candidate rising to the top; there are 2 in development in North America. Trump winning by a landslide. 

B5BE572A-B5D3-450E-A928-BDB51F12F9F6.jpeg

6A2AE7E1-D14D-4103-992F-B5B2DBBFBC1B.jpeg

Edited by Riobard