Tomcal

my December trip to Rio and SP

• Members

At 117 last night and in answer to your questions no and no. There were more guys than clients. I would say three guys for each client. If you take into account that some customers visit and do not hire a guy. There were some new faces. This time a customer asked my Brazilian friend of a few years, and he is who I compare every other ativo, if I was the Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio. Last time 3 months ago a customer asked if I was a Mexican TV Novela star. So I would say all is the same as pre-Covid. 

A little easier for me and my friend in these situations since I have had Covid-19 and been antibody tested.

• Members
4 hours ago, alwaysrio said:

At 117 last night and in answer to your questions no and no. There were more guys than clients. I would say three guys for each client. If you take into account that some customers visit and do not hire a guy. There were some new faces. This time a customer asked my Brazilian friend of a few years, and he is who I compare every other ativo, if I was the Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio. Last time 3 months ago a customer asked if I was a Mexican TV Novela star. So I would say all is the same as pre-Covid. 

A little easier for me and my friend in these situations since I have had Covid-19 and been antibody tested.

Thank you for your response. I would have gotten the two vaccinations and have waited two weeks since the second vaccination when I travel to Brazil in March. Nonetheless, I am still a little cautious about visiting the sauna. What are your thoughts and recommendations?

• Members

Rio officially cancelled their Carnival for 2021. They had tried moving it to July but now realize that is not realistic. I wonder how many worldwide Pride celebrations will be cancelled as well this summer. It seems like every time I start to think that things could be somewhat normal by a certain date that date gets pushed down the line.

• Members

Trying to plan a quick trip out to Rio soon. It's been too long, and y'all's experiences there during COVID have been encouraging. Anyone currently in Rio or going soon have a plan for getting the negative COVID test soon to be needed to enter the U.S.? Any recommendations on rapid test places in Rio good for non-Brazilians? 

• Members
1 hour ago, DustinDawns said:

Trying to plan a quick trip out to Rio soon. It's been too long, and y'all's experiences there during COVID have been encouraging. Anyone currently in Rio or going soon have a plan for getting the negative COVID test soon to be needed to enter the U.S.? Any recommendations on rapid test places in Rio good for non-Brazilians? 

When searching for a test resource, make sure that you understand the distinction between a ‘rapid test’ and getting the format you require quickly/ “rapidly”/ conveniently. 

For example if the turnaround time for results is minutes (eg, rapid test) rather than hours or even days (eg, PCR) you likely have not met the testing format criteria for boarding back to USA. 

Anyhow, you will pay a fee. It is unlikely you would get what you need in a clinic for locals. You may need their public insurance plan or to have CoV symptoms. 

Following is a sample list of Rio labs and I also linked one of them here, the Sérgio Franco place. I think it just has the one location, in Leblon, but right at the Antero de Quental metro station. Oddly, Alta is at the same address.

https://sergiofranco.com.br/testes-covid-19

416150A1-CD54-4121-B36E-EF861D5CD977.jpeg

Edited by Riobard

• Members

I can't believe it, no Rio De Janeiro 2021 Carnival this year guys. The Mayor had postponed it to July 2021, and today he just cancelled the whole thing.

Rio De Janeiro Mayor cancelled Carnival 2021 due to Covid19.

https://www.jornalfloripa.com.br/eduardo-paes-cancela-o-carnaval-do-rio-em-2021-impossivel/

Edited by JBaleUSA

2 hours ago, JBaleUSA said:

I can't believe it, no Rio De Janeiro 2021 Carnival this year guys. The Mayor had postponed it to July 2021, and today he just cancelled the whole thing.

Rio De Janeiro Mayor cancelled Carnival 2021 due to Covid19.

https://www.jornalfloripa.com.br/eduardo-paes-cancela-o-carnaval-do-rio-em-2021-impossivel/

No surprise at all, no way covid will disappear by end of 2021

In fact, a few countries just ban flights from Brazil....

I have a trip booked for this Feb, now I am debating with myself everyday....

If I go, I might be stuck in Brazil for a long time because of no flight back...and maybe there is a new ban even before my Feb trip, also I have to figure out the covid test required for onboarding 

8 hours ago, DustinDawns said:

Lach

Jardim Botânico, 512 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22461-000

https://www.lach.com.br/exames.html

Be sure and get the Covid RT-PCR test (not the rapid test), which is the one needed for international travel into the USA. 

Cost is 350 reais for results in 48 hours and 500 reais for results in 24 hours.  Prices seem to change, so use these as a general guide.

Like CR-Diagnosticos in Sao Paulo, you contact them through Whatsapp for information and appointments.

Note that the lab at Santos Dumont does not currently offer the RT-PCR test, just the rapid test which is not valid for travel to the USA, so be aware if considering using that service.

• Members

Actually, mass confusion ... the USA entry requirement does allow for a rapid antigen test, but good luck matching up the product used abroad with the ‘qualifying test’ criteria. There are already 69 antigen tests authorized. The US is also widely criticized by experts for allowing antigen test results, in general less sensitive compared to the NAAT category (nucleic acid amplification) that is delineated as one of the two options ... RT-PCR satisfies the NAAT option.

Antigen tests at point of care are useful in congregate settings in order to quickly assess infection and recovery. Often a RT-PCR test is also used for confirmation, but results turnaround is longer. 

Apologies for earlier dismissing the rapid antigen category for USA specifically, but unless you are a master of test assays, the RT-PCR is the better choice, lest as well the CDC pulls the plug and disqualifies the (rapid) antigen option, in keeping with the global trend. 

Moreover, the CDC has removed the word ‘rapid’ from the antigen test taxonomy because some antigen tests may be done at point of care (ie, rapidly) and others are laboratory based with turnaround more consistent with RT-PCR. The CDC does not specify whether a point-of-care antigen test is inferior or disqualifiable relative to a lab-reviewed antigen test. 

Isn’t this fun?

Edited by Riobard

• Members
On 1/22/2021 at 1:18 PM, Riobard said:

Actually, mass confusion ... the USA entry requirement does allow for a rapid antigen test, but good luck matching up the product used abroad with the ‘qualifying test’ criteria. There are already 69 antigen tests authorized. The US is also widely criticized by experts for allowing antigen test results, in general less sensitive compared to the NAAT category (nucleic acid amplification) that is delineated as one of the two options ... RT-PCR satisfies the NAAT option.

Antigen tests at point of care are useful in congregate settings in order to quickly assess infection and recovery. Often a RT-PCR test is also used for confirmation, but results turnaround is longer. 

Apologies for earlier dismissing the rapid antigen category for USA specifically, but unless you are a master of test assays, the RT-PCR is the better choice, lest as well the CDC pulls the plug and disqualifies the (rapid) antigen option, in keeping with the global trend. 

Moreover, the CDC has removed the word ‘rapid’ from the antigen test taxonomy because some antigen tests may be done at point of care (ie, rapidly) and others are laboratory based with turnaround more consistent with RT-PCR. The CDC does not specify whether a point-of-care antigen test is inferior or disqualifiable relative to a lab-reviewed antigen test. 

Isn’t this fun?

It’s so fun! -_- yeah all of this lack of clarity is super frustrating. Dedicated to being as safe as possible and following the guidelines as much as possible. That’s of course made difficult when the guidelines themselves are unclear. 

• Members
On 1/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, sfcastro said:

Lach

Jardim Botânico, 512 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22461-000

https://www.lach.com.br/exames.html

Be sure and get the Covid RT-PCR test (not the rapid test), which is the one needed for international travel into the USA. 

Cost is 350 reais for results in 48 hours and 500 reais for results in 24 hours.  Prices seem to change, so use these as a general guide.

Like CR-Diagnosticos in Sao Paulo, you contact them through Whatsapp for information and appointments.

Note that the lab at Santos Dumont does not currently offer the RT-PCR test, just the rapid test which is not valid for travel to the USA, so be aware if considering using that service.

Thank you! Super helpful. Definitely going to make sure to go the PCR test route. 

On 12/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, Tomcal said:

ok so i already missed several consecutive days... but i have a good reason i hae been busy but mostly with non sauna guys!! most were working in saunas for anywhere from a weekend to several years (one of my namorado is a current Brasilian jujitsu competitor,  lasted 2 days working in the sauna and didn’t like it! I was his first customer his first day so not sure what that says about the!! 

Saturday was really slow at both pointe and 117,  but then a stunning Black guy showed up who was not only “Modelesque” looking and had a amazing body and a huge dick!! b byte  ty t  y tug  ty tuned putty to be a exceptionally nice  guy too! i  asked him the important questions “are you a good kisser?” (he showed me and he was!)but  He is a top so we found a bottom both of us liked and the 3 of us went to a room! we are meeting again together tomorrow night!  

i then left for the apartment in Ipanema as my “namorado” was coming to spend the next 5 nights with me, which works for me as he works until 6:00pm and then goes to the gym and arrives at the apartment at 8:00, which gives me from 5:00 to 7:30 at the sauna! we are planning our 5th trip to Mérida Mexico in January! We went to a italian Pizzeria for dinner in Ipanema and it was amazingly good!

Today Monday i have a guy i have known a long time coming over at 3:30 and then i am going to pointe202 tonight

How much is an overnight  now?