Kevie770

New Years in Rio

• Members

Hi Guys, I thought I would give a quick update about my most recent trip to Rio.  I’ve been in Brazil the better part of the past 3-4 months. But in mid-December, I went home for what I thought would be a few months. On a last-minute whim with encouragement from friends, I decided to go back to Rio for New Years'! 

I booked my flight on the 29th with Delta, a one-way to SP, for about $350 and arrived in Brazil on the 31st. The flight time did not leave me much time for a PCR test as rapid is not accepted. I found a laboratory in Atlanta that would do the test with same-day results for $180. There were about ten people who I observed that were not allowed to board the flight due to the dates on their test. 

Once I arrived, I  headed for my apartment then the beach. The beach was more packed than I have ever seen in my life. All the Paulistas come to Rio for the new year.  Thousands of guys flooded the beaches. I ended up having to bargain with someone for two chairs and an umbrella 100real. It was worth it. Guys were making out and sucking dick and showing off their erections. The police raided the beach on three occasions, confiscating people’s speakers who were playing loud music. 

For NYE, the first party I went to was in Vidigal. It was fun with many people but not the vibe my local Brazilian companions were looking for. So we went to a party in Morro de Providencia. And my god, it was insane. Thousands of people packed into a tent. We partied until 7 am.

The beaches remained packed but at a much more enjoyable level. On a side note, a Brazilian told me that the beach is divided by race. White gay Brazilians stay closer post nine while brown and black gays stay around the hot boyz tent. This was very evident after the Paulistas left. 

For the first 3 days I did my straight thing, then hit the saunas for the first time this past Sunday. The Sauna scene was underwhelming until yesterday at Point. I saw about 5 new boys that I was interested in. And took 3 of them home with me. 

I tried to upload w picture of the beach but got an error message. 

Next for me is São Paulo then back to

8D1ED31F-2AC6-4F15-945D-D7B58D5449C7.jpeg

Edited by Kevie770

OMG, Guys were making out and sucking dick and showing off their erections.

Why I have not seen anything like this in Rio beaches??? Envy 

about ten people who I observed that were not allowed to board the flight due to the dates on their test. 

Why? Is their test dates is > 3 days?

• Members

On Canadian news last night a reporter erred by saying “tested at least 72 hours prior to departure” when of course it is within 72 hours leading up to departure. 

Probably some passengers out of USA were not even aware of the test requirements that Brazil had instituted not very long before their flights. 

• Members
46 minutes ago, babybear2 said:

OMG, Guys were making out and sucking dick and showing off their erections.

Why I have not seen anything like this in Rio beaches??? Envy 

Yes!! And I got the dick suckers on video! They didn’t even care! It was definitely wild!

Its 72 hours from the time your sample is taken. Not 72 hour from the time you get your results. I think that confused some people. Some also were hours late and tried to get on the flight but couldn’t. 

Edited by Kevie770

29 minutes ago, Kevie770 said:

Yes!! And I got the dick suckers on video! They didn’t even care! It was definitely wild!

Its 72 hours from the time your sample is taken. Not 72 hour from the time you get your results. I think that confused some people. Some also were hours late and tried to get on the flight but couldn’t. 

Do you need to present the same testing report to Brazil custom? Does it have to be within 72 hours by your entry time?

• Members
16 hours ago, Kevie770 said:

Would be nice if you can share it!

8 hours ago, yellowheart said:

yeah.. saunas are very underwhelming on Dec 31 and Jan 1 and maybe Jan 2..... 117 isnt open on Dec 31... and 202 closes early... 117 is open on Jan 1 but it's slim pickings... that's from past experience....   

And of course by now everyone should know the reason for this.  The majority of the sauna guys are with their family; this is holiday time--from Christmas to New Years and perhaps a few days beyond.

• Members
2 hours ago, Axiom2020 said:

And of course by now everyone should know the reason for this.  The majority of the sauna guys are with their family; this is holiday time--from Christmas to New Years and perhaps a few days beyond.

Yep. When I spent NYE in Salvador, I met in the local saunas several boys who were visiting their families but were actually Rio residents. For instance, Diego. Perhaps holidays is the best season to visit Brazilian cities other than Rio? so you can meet the locals who are in Rio the rest of the year?

• Members

Brazilian guys showing off their erections on posto 9 Ipanema beach, that's hot! Sounds like you had a really good time in Rio De Janeiro. Hopefully, that showing off stiff Brazilian packaging on posto 9 Ipanema beach is not a one time NYE thing. 

On a side note, I have been checking out this site for clubs and bars in Brasil  (www.vamosgay.com). There are a lot of clubs and bars in Sao Paulo and Rio De Janeiro listed on this site but  not in other reputable gay travel websites. I'm just wondering,if some of these clubs listed on Vamosgay.com are  safe, or are even  open for business.

Edited by JBaleUSA