unicorn

Do you fear getting picked on by stand-up comedians?

• Members

Me and my domestic partner (who's 30 years younger than I am) went to a comedy club last night, where a bunch of stand-up comedians performed. We sat in the 2nd row because he doesn't like to be called out by the comedians. It all went find until the 5th and last comedian of the evening. He picked on almost everyone in the first 3 rows. He asked if I was his Dad, and I said we were domestic partners, and he said "Oh, I see, a sugar-daddy!". I just laughed it off but he was mortified. He hates being called a sugar-baby. I've been picked on by a bunch of comedians at these stand-up shows throughout the year, and I just laugh it off. Just part of the show. How do you feel about being picked on by stand-up comics? 

Reminds me of going to drag shows at the old Esquilita in NYC. I had a very young BF (19-23) and I was 20 years older and much bigger than my cute androgynous Filipino lover. I was mortified 100 times there as they always seem to find us in the crowd. I kept going as it was his thing but I learned to kind of go and get a drink when the dance was over and the talking started.

• Members

I was at Clube 117 in Rio and the drag MC was doing the standard stand-up component. I always find it earsplitting in volume and ended up walking through to an exit to access a quieter area. Not surprisingly, it turns out that one of the garotos de programa was walking ahead of me. A tirade of lascivious comments came from the stage. I imagine it happens at most performances but never fails to get a laugh. And I wasn’t following the stud! I really wasn’t!