KYTOP

Cuba approves same sex marriage by a referendum

Historically, all great empires crumble, typically through military overreach and neglect of domestic priorities- and that’s exactly what’s happening to the US now.  It was entirely predictable. 

for some fun reading, check out todays NYT front page about the brewing civil unrest in the US - fun times !

Talk of ‘Civil War,’ Ignited by Mar-a-Lago Search, Is Flaring Online
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/05/us/politics/civil-war-social-media-trump.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

stop talking about me please

that comment was directed at only one person, who is consistently negative now and was consistently negative before in a different incarnation. He voraciously follows my posts to add his negativity.  We know how that works.  I bet he’s an expert on Medellin too - probably knows Angelo ???

4 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

Historically, all great empires crumble, typically through military overreach and neglect of domestic priorities- and that’s exactly what’s happening to the US now.  It was entirely predictable. 

As I once wrote in another thread, Paul Kennedy's excellent book The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers confirms this.

4 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

As I once wrote in another thread, Paul Kennedy's excellent book The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers confirms this.

Great empires crumbling is the most basic history lesson ever.  And the one constant is that history repeats, over & over.  There’s a lot of current academic writings & analysis of the American Empire and it’s current status. It’s all there, covered extensively from many expert objective sources. 

Returning to the original post by OP: Cuba approves same-sex marriage in a referendum.

in contrast, with a 6-3 conservative majority, the US Supreme Court is taking away rights for the first time ever instead of expanding them.  First it was gutting the Voting Rights Act, then it was reversing decades standing abortion law (Roe) and soon coming for same-sex marriage (Obergefell).  

So, there’s that.

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

everybody knows Angelo, even me who never been to Medellin, quite possibly it's different Angelo though

same Angelo - it was a joke.  
there have been several recent trolls claiming trips to Medellin - but getting caught with stories that don’t make sense by other members who know Medellin very well.  Some of the stories involve the legendary Angelo who is personally known by members here.  again, the stories didn’t make sense in that context.  So, Medellin has been somewhat of a running joke as the trolls have been all about Medellin ad nauseum.  
There are currently 2 new active ones lurking about.  Likely not the same people as before - just same behavior.  I just block them now, so no big deal.