PeterRS

Robbie Coltraine RIP

His name may not be known to many outside the UK but he appeared in some of the best known movies and television series. A big man with obviously a huge heart judging from the messages from J. K. Rowling, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and Dniel Radcliffe. Although best-known for his contributions to the Harry Potter movies as Rubeus Hagrid and to older generations in the TV series Blackadder, he was a multi-faceted actor. He appeared in two Bond movies, 'Ocean's 12', Derek Jarman's movie 'Carvaggio' to Falstaff in Kenneth Branagh's 'Henry V'. On learning of his death, J. K. Rowling said, "I'l never know anyone remotely like Robbie again. He was a complete one-off, and I was beyond fortunate to know him. work with him and laugh my head off with him." This very fine much loved actor died yesterday aged 72.

72yo is too young nowadays to die .

Usually according to statistics it's between 78 and 83 

Although that is higher now due to the modern medicine 

Wasn't Robbie also in the detective series playing a forensic psychologist 

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Wasn't Robbie also in the detective series playing a forensic psychologist 

He played the criminal psychologist Dr. Eddie Fitzgerald in the 1990s series Cracker. I think this must be what you refer to.

Not sure 72 is too young to die when you are grossly overweight and drink a lot. Still, his passing is very sad. He was an extraordinary actor with a great talent.

• Members

Cracker (UK with Coltraine, not the US abortion) has got to be one of the best police procedurals of all time. 

If you like cop drama and haven't seen, you're in for a treat!  

To hell with Hagrid, that was the role of a lifetime.