Novarunner

Gym Recommendations

• Members

A friend from the States will be joining me on my next trip to Brazil.  Most of his time will be spent in Rio but we may also go to Salvador too.  I will just exercise outside - I’m a fan of the loop around the lagoon - but he is a gym rat.  We will be in Brazil together for about two weeks.  Would anybody like to suggest a gym that has decent daily or weekly passes available to foreigners?

• Members

Outdoors not for faint of heart past few weeks, mercury consistently veering to 30C by morning traffic rush; “feels like 35” kind of thing. Hottest in 8-year memory. I’ve been doing my beach boardwalk brisk steps at dawn in Rio or in Recife approaching sunset when the condo towers shade the Boa Viagem strip. Been doing gym resistance training on per diem $6USD basis rather than weeklies because I stagger those routines and have been moving around somewhat. Bottom line, just search academia, in whatever location and swing by one or more as they are ubiquitous. It is unlikely you would be staying within easy access to my neighbourhood.

Some gyms are more flexible than others wrt time period contracts. 

I once requested a one-month membership and the facility tried to charge me for a year. I had mentioned that I would probably return within a one-year period block but naturally only wanted short-term contracts. The manager was fluently bilingual but my sense was he thought that there was a chance that I would not object when I saw the receipt after payment. I had foolishly entered my senha and then endured the rigamarole of a card credit. He was wrong, unless my hot trainer were to throw in a programa or two. Incidentally, the facility was small, crowded, off prime drag in a far from tony zone and evidently not hurting. 

• Members
9 hours ago, bangdom said:

I was in Rio in December and I always use Smart Fit, day pass BRL $24.90.  I looked into monthly pass on previous trips but believe you need CPF number but day pass is cheap enough anyway.  Smart Fit in Ipanema is very gay.  But there are Smart Fits all over Copacabana.

Now getting a Brazilian CPF is very easy for a foreigner. Everything can be done on line and you receive your CPF rather quickly

https://servicos.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Servicos/CPF/InscricaoCpfEstrangeiro/default.asp

• Members

Are there any gyms known for hot trainers who are available for extra services? And how would one make the approach? I guess I could get one of the many trainers at the saunas, but they might work in distant suburbs. I'm talking about an actual, legit weight training session followed by more personal and caring attention. Maybe starting right at said gym.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, davet said:

Are there any gyms known for hot trainers who are available for extra services? And how would one make the approach? I guess I could get one of the many trainers at the saunas, but they might work in distant suburbs. I'm talking about an actual, legit weight training session followed by more personal and caring attention. Maybe starting right at said gym.

you are genius good sir !

On 2/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, davet said:

Not going to happen since EVERYONE in Brazil is not gay or gay for pay...If you are looking for a trainer, there are a trainers in the gyms...if you are looking for sex, I would stick to the saunas....

Think with your big head and not your little one