endlessdream

Belo Horizonte Feb. 2023

Thank you for the great report. I enjoyed reading it a great deal and it brought back many memories. I was in BH 10 years ago this week and also had a good time. But, back then there was not Gridnr that I knew of so I was left to the saunas and to the beach. I did well at the beach for some reason and found a group that was gay and liked being passed around (well, me being passed around).

I also found my hotel VERY cheap and the activities cheap as well.

• Members

This weekend 10 years ago -- You have a good memory.

Beach in BH --  I thought BH is an inland city.

Cheap hotel --  yes hotels in BH are a lot cheaper than Rio or SP.  BH is not a tourist destination.

I have been to BH 4 times, 3 time before Covid pandemic.  I was there last October.  I use BH as a side trip of Rio or SP or in between.  What I like most about BH is the people.  People there are very laidback, warm and friendly, but the clubs and saunas are...meh.  I guess the pandemic changed everything.  I don't think I will bother to visit BH again.

7 hours ago, scott456 said:

This weekend 10 years ago -- You have a good memory.

Beach in BH --  I thought BH is an inland city.

Cheap hotel --  yes hotels in BH are a lot cheaper than Rio or SP.  BH is not a tourist destination.

I have been to BH 4 times, 3 time before Covid pandemic.  I was there last October.  I use BH as a side trip of Rio or SP or in between.  What I like most about BH is the people.  People there are very laidback, warm and friendly, but the clubs and saunas are...meh.  I guess the pandemic changed everything.  I don't think I will bother to visit BH again.

You are correct. It was Fortaleza 10 years back. Man, my memory is not as good as I thought. Well, FB reminded me and I I had ex from BH and from Fortaleza.

301531_10200102005050437_182273417_n.jpg

16 hours ago, scott456 said:

People there are very laidback

I also enjoyed my first trip to BH, although tourist hotels were expensive then. I booked a room at a mid-range hotel, it was clean but very rundown and in a sketchy neighbourhood. After checking in I decided to use the wifi downstairs to find a different hotel and saw a group of police officers checking in, probably for a course or conference and decided it was probably safe there. I liked the pay for gay tops at the saunas because they were a kind of working class and tough. I chose BH as the best place to attend a World Cup game in 2014 and had a great time. It was Colombia's first WC match in about 20 years and a great place to see what wonderful people they generally are.