PeterRS

Anyone Tried The New Nespresso Machines?

I know. Hardly a subject for a gay forum. But I am nearly at my wits end. I have had one of the older original Nespresso machines for 4 years and love it. The only problem is that the capsules are now quite expensive if you want more than one small cup. So when I saw the new machines with the larger capsules, I did the math and realised that even with the greater cost of the larger capsules, the machine would pay for itself in about 10 weeks. So I bought one along with several boxes of a coffee variety I like. Along with the machine, you get a free box of 12 different capsules. 

Since I got it home, it has driven me virtually up the wall! I don't want a mug of coffee - just 2 or three much smaller cups. Whenever I tried this, the cup always overflowed. So I went back to Nespresso in Paragon and had a demonstration. The problem, though, is that the three different types of capsule have computer codes underneath and the cup size has to be programmed. You can programme one type to dispese only small cups until the capsule is 'dead'. But if you insert a different type of capsule, you are going to have a cup that massively overflows as happened to me this morning.

I just wonder if anyone else has had this sort of problem - and how I solve it? Please don't direct me to the instruction book as the tyypeface is almost illegible and the illustrations so feint you can hardly make them out!

I took look at new machines and capsules at past and made decision, what it doesn't worth to change machine.

My machine is first one (the oldest) Krupp model. It works fine already 17 years. As per capsules, few years ago I stopped to buy Nespresso capsules because of low standard of coffee there and switched to Starbucks capsules which I found are much better while they cost less. 

I loved my Nespresso machine and used it often. I hated the cost of the capsules. I decided to try a new coffee machine that grinds it own coffee and froths the milk and it has been delightful. 

Do I miss the Creme Burlee coffee?  Yes. :) But, I'll be OK.

I bought mine from Aldi , now I have to buy the capsules at Aldi , and that $7 for something like 10 caps so not worth it ,I just prefer to boil the kettle and throw some instant coffee in a cup 😁👍

13 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I bought mine from Aldi , now I have to buy the capsules at Aldi , and that $7 for something like 10 caps so not worth it ,I just prefer to boil the kettle and throw some instant coffee in a cup 😁👍

I'd pay about double that for 10 capsules in the USA. I prefer the old way of brewing coffee, but not quite instant coffee old! Lol

I would really love to buy one of those cappuccino machines but I'm too stingy ,anyway the instant coffee gets me moving in the mornings,I really love a good coffee ,it's hard to find ,just had one of the best cups here in the Business lounge at Kuala Lumpur airport 

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I would really love to buy one of those cappuccino machines but I'm too stingy ,anyway the instant coffee gets me moving in the mornings,I really love a good coffee ,it's hard to find ,just had one of the best cups here in the Business lounge at Kuala Lumpur airport 

You are stingy but sip coffee in Business Lounge? 

if you are heading for Thailand I recommend that coffee  I posted picture above, easy obtainable in Foodland and most 7/11 's