Novarunner

Sauna and massage recommendations

• Members
4 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

When 75 I would travel to arab countries, they often think the older the better. 

In addition to traveling to SE Asia in my 20’s, I also traveled to Saudi Arabia and the UAE a couple times.  I’m not a fan.  Grindr doesn’t work there (or at least it didn’t 15 years ago) because it’s illegal to do one of the things I like to do with other consenting adult males.  The swarms of largely Russian female prostitutes outside the hotels though, the hypocritical government never took any notice concerning that that I saw.  The Saudi and UAE nationals treatment of the largely Pakistani work force is also horrific.

I hope things have changed, but someone else will have tell me because I have zero desire to ever go back.

I have much better experiences with saunas in Pereira and Cali than in Medellin (I’m in my late 40’s). In fact, I plan to ditch Medellin entirely during my next stay and focus on secondary cities like Manizales, Pereira, Cali, Palmira, Popayan, Pasto etc

1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

All these relatively smaller cities offer tempting saunas? 

Anything touristic to experience there during non-sauna hours?

Cali offers not too much for tourists, but I liked that - very few gringos. Pereira and Manizales are touristic hotspots because of various mountains related and thermal spa attractions.

• Members

Apologies in advance if this falls into the asked-and-answered category but I don’t even really know what term to search for.

After an excellent experience at Complices Spa on Thursday, I decided to conduct additional research and sacrificed my body to science at other saunas.  They were not all filled with chicos that just got out of class at the local university but - do not fear - I still managed to find willing playmates and I have slept very well these past few nights.  That’s not the purpose of this post though.  The purpose of this post is to ask if Colombia has a “sauna culture”.  I definitely got the local bar where everyone knows each other vibe multiple times while conducting research.

I have been to non-GP saunas in Brazil several times.  It’s not the same.  Non-GP saunas in Brazil are basically in person Grindr and the good ones are similar to Steamworks in Chicago.

Does anyone that has lived in Colombia have any thoughts they would like to share?  Do other Spanish speaking Latin American countries such as Argentina have a similar atmosphere in their saunas?