reader

Suspect kills, dismembers Colombian surgeon on Koh Phangan island

From Khaosod English

image.thumb.jpeg.acb39f2dee45191057acb0ec1b778571.jpeg

Daniel Jeronimo (in swim shorts).                                                     (photo: Khaosod English)

Police in Koh Phangan, Surat Thani Province, continue to search for the Colombian body parts that a Spanish suspect confessed to throwing into the sea after discovering eight of them, including the skull, on August 6.

On August 3, the first body pieces of Edwin Miguel, a 44-year-old Colombian surgeon, were discovered in trash bags deposited on the cement yard at the Koh Phangan Municipal Solid Waste Disposal Centre. One day later, police found additional body fragments in the same location.

A 29-year-old Spanish chef, Daniel Jeronimo Sancho Bronchalo, had reported to the Koh Phangan Police Station on August 2 that Edwin Miguel, his Colombian friend had vanished. But later Daniel was detained on August 5 as the suspect of murdering and dismembering Edwin Miguel himself.

The Koh Samui Provincial Court issued a warrant for Daniel’s arrest on allegations of deliberate and premeditated murder as well as the secret burial, removal, or destruction of a body to conceal his death or cause of death.

Initially, Daniel denied the accusations, but later he confessed. He claimed that when Edwin requested sex, he became enraged and punched him until Edwin tumbled over his head into the tub of water, fell unconscious and died.

After that, he took the body apart, put the pieces in a suitcase, and threw it into the sea. The rest is put in a black bag and thrown in the trash.

However, the police don’t believe Daniel’s claim because there is consistent evidence that he was well-prepared. For example, he urged Edwin Miguel who seemed to be his boyfriend of more than a year, to accompany him to the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan. Daniel booked a room at the hotel with Edwin’s credit card.

The Colombian doctor also invested in Daniel’s restaurant in Spain. Because of this, the police suspected Daniel had a financial motive for killing Edwin. It is currently in the process of contacting Edwin’s family.

At 4:30 p.m. on August 7, Koh Phangan police transported Daniel by boat to Koh Samui, where he was detained at the Koh Samui Provincial Court.

I'm somewhat surprised that there's no discussion about this in this or other forums. Why? A 44-year-old Colombian with disposable income, a plastic surgeon who isn't conventionally attractive but is into handsome younger boys. He paid for the expenses of a very attractive and closeted boy during their time in Thailand. It's not the location that surprises me, but the risks involved in breaking the law that way in Thailand.

I have a regular in Barcelona who keeps me updated. Allegedly, the doctor met a Spaniard on Instagram, and they've been spending time together for a year. More pictures have emerged of the doctor and the Spaniard at restaurants and tourist spots in Madrid, as well as some other places with a group of only young, blonde men. The Spaniard used the doctor's credit card.

I'm speculating, but it hits close to home. I might have fallen for that attractive boy without hesitation. I would've even taken him to a good barber to tame that unruly hair.😕

The Spaniard, a handsome boy and the son of an actor, has been treated like royalty. As for the Colombian doctor... well, you know. The way this case has been handled is somewhat infuriating.😔

10 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

It usually is every time the Thai Police gets involved in an investigation.

But also, the Spaniard and Western press also exhibit some nuances of overlooking the doctor and his family. It's really disheartening. I understand this type of crime might not be usual  but let's all be cautious, guys.

3 hours ago, Connordrick said:

A 44-year-old Colombian with disposable income, a plastic surgeon who isn't conventionally attractive but is into handsome younger boys. He paid for the expenses of a very attractive and closeted boy during their time in Thailand. It's not the location that surprises me, but the risks involved in breaking the law that way in Thailand.

@namazu That could describe you or me....except change "who isn't conventionally attractive" to "generic Asian looking" for you and for me "tattooed farang" 

Gotta be careful with who we bring to Thailand it seems 😉