reader

Giuliani ordered to pay $148 million to Georgia election workers

An appeal is not automatic in this case.  In fact, it is discouraged by the requirement that a bond for the amount of the judgement must be made in order to file the appeal. This rule is in place specifically to discourage the behavior that your advocate. 

Your level of contempt for these women who had their lives endangered by Rudy’s lies is disturbing.  Black women’s lives matter too.

• Members
15 hours ago, EmmetK said:

Rudy will be ok. He doesn't really have to pay that much. He'll pay as much as OJ has paid the Goldman family. 
Can't get blood from a turnip. I guess those 2 money-grubbing, minimum-wage election workers won't be living a life of luxury after all.,,,  lol.

And you're happy for OJ as well? A bit sociopathic, perhaps? While agree that the amount awarded was rather over-the-top, Rudy did very maliciously ruin these women's lives with his outrageous lies. Not murder, but still vicious and malicious. What kind of a sick person would cheer for Rudy (or OJ)?

6 hours ago, unicorn said:

And you're happy for OJ as well? A bit sociopathic, perhaps? While agree that the amount awarded was rather over-the-top, Rudy did very maliciously ruin these women's lives with his outrageous lies. Not murder, but still vicious and malicious. What kind of a sick person would cheer for Rudy (or OJ)?

Not cheering for OJ. I made the comparison to show the absurdity of the jury award. OJ murdered Goldman in cold blood. The jury awarded the Goldman family 33 million in the civil suit.  Yet this runaway DC jury awarded these two money grubbers 148 million.

This award will be either overturned or drastically reduced to what it should be - a few thousand dollars at most.

It was no accident that these women who were targeted were black. Trump focused his lies about voter fraud on countless with significant black populations. Much of the hate and threats directed towards these women has been racist. Look at your own attacks on these women and they are full of racial stereotypes. 

Trump and Rudy are the ones who played the race card. These women were just collateral damage. They are human beings. Their lives were destroyed. But it is clear from this discussion that the lives of these black women don’t matter to some people. But none of us who were raised in America are surprised. 

1 hour ago, Travelingguy said:

It was no accident that these women who were targeted were black. Trump focused his lies about voter fraud on countless with significant black populations. Much of the hate and threats directed towards these women has been racist. Look at your own attacks on these women and they are full of racial stereotypes. 

Trump and Rudy are the ones who played the race card. These women were just collateral damage. They are human beings. Their lives were destroyed. But it is clear from this discussion that the lives of these black women don’t matter to some people. But none of us who were raised in America are surprised. 

I guess when you got nothing else, play the race card? My own attack is racist? In what alternate universe is calling someone a "money-grubber" considered racist? In the world where everyone is a victim except for white heterosexual males? 

This runaway DC jury verdict supervised by a partisan, left-wing dem Judge will be reduced significantly, if not overturned. This Judge was doling out legal advice to the plaintiffs from the bench and ruled illegally that they could go after his assets immediately.

The judge and attorneys should be disbarred for a leftist racist scam trial. Giuliani has accomplishments and integrity unlike the sledge in the bottom of the barrel that tried and judged him.

39 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Giuliani has accomplishments and integrity unlike the sledge in the bottom of the barrel that tried and judged him.

HAD is the word you should be using.  He became Plump's obedient servant.  When Plump needed his Depends changed he would call Rudy.  Rudy is the only one who would do it and not vomit.  That is his accomplishment today.

15 minutes ago, Bingo T Dog said:

A usual, Pinocchio, you have it wrong.
It's Dementia Joe who is both incompetent and incontinent. But we realize that one can drive a truck between what you write and the truth.

The best-selling toilet paper in my area:

image.thumb.png.7ef70648e13dad147b99dda01bf9d50a.png

I bought 20 rolls.

2 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

A usual, Pinocchio, you have it wrong.
It's Dementia Joe who is both incompetent and incontinent. But we realize that one can drive a truck between what you write and the truth.

The best-selling toilet paper in my area:

image.thumb.png.7ef70648e13dad147b99dda01bf9d50a.png

I bought 20 rolls.

Good you use toilet paper.  Many wish Plump would.