hairybearberlin

Gay Sauna Bangkok

On 1/14/2024 at 11:09 AM, siriusBE said:

I love Sansuk. Even the owner is nice, friendly and cute (For my taste). Had two encounters with him on one of the upper floors 😉

Yes. A nice guy....and one of those many Thais who keeps his looks into middle age! 

We like the restaurant there, too.  Thai food, nothing fancy, but tasty and reasonably priced. Come to think of it, a meal next to the swimming pool at dusk with cute guys lounging around makes a change from bars.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, PeterRS said:

I find it extraordinary that travel insurance is not mandatory for genuine tourists and a basic health insurance mandatory for all expats. Why anyone would consider travelling anywhere without some form of health and accident insurance absolutely beats me.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I'm out of date....but pre-covid, 1800-2000.

Still valid.... maybe 1-2 hrs earlier

On 1/14/2024 at 4:13 AM, reader said:

Sauna Mania is in easy walking distance of Silom. Although it attracts a young crowd, some members report enjoying their visits.

39 Underground Sauna is a short walk from Saphan Kwai BTS. Attended by a local crowd of mixed age, it reportedly welcomes foreigners.

I will try 39 today. I hope it's not too crowded today because of Chinese new year. An old sauna saying goes: the more people, the less action.

There used to be a sauna in BKK that was notorious for ripping off and discriminating older farangs. Which one was that?

Have I already said how much I miss the old Babylon?

53 minutes ago, siriusBE said:

I will try 39 today. I hope it's not too crowded today because of Chinese new year. An old sauna saying goes: the more people, the less action.

There used to be a sauna in BKK that was notorious for ripping off and discriminating older farangs. Which one was that?

Have I already said how much I miss the old Babylon?

Please keep us updated 

5 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Please keep us updated 

Ok, I am already back from 39 Underground (no need to stay any longer 😉 )

It's just a 2 minutes walk from the Saphan Khwai BTS Station at the dead end of a small soi. Entrance fee was 250 (weekend price). At 2 pm it was already crowded. About 100 Asians and 2 Farangs 😉

The sauna spreads about 4 floors, 3 of them underground, hence the name. There is also a little bar and a roof "garden". In the very dark underground there was action on every square inch. As expected, most of the guys were more into Asians, but I had my fun too... plenty of it. It's not the cleanest place on earth, but I found it acceptable. All action was raw, never saw a condom in usage. I hope they use at least PREP since it's much cheaper here in TH. Today was naked theme, that`s why you only got a small towel and you were not allowed to carry the towel in the action areas.

So for me, the visit was worthwhile, even though I was more or less the only Western guy there. 

2024-02-11 15.18.16.jpg

22 minutes ago, reader said:

Could you please comment on the age distribution.

Well mixed. from 18 (estimate) to 50. The average I would say is around 30-35. When I arrived, the average probably went up another 5 years 😉

7 hours ago, DenverDude said:

I must have missed the underground floors.  I'm pretty sure I only went UPstairs.  I need to pay more attention next time!

quite possible that I am wrong because there are no windows and I mixed it up. Cellars are rare in BKK because the groundwater is close to the surfaced

13 hours ago, siriusBE said:

quite possible that I am wrong because there are no windows and I mixed it up. Cellars are rare in BKK because the groundwater is close to the surfaced

It feels like its underground but you enter from upstairs and I don't think there are any windows. 

Probably an area behind the entry/reception.