Pantherz

Beaches w/gay scene other than Pattaya & Phuket

I am thinking about a beach getaway in late March and was wondering if there are any beaches in Thailand that have a gay scene (and good bars, restaurant, massage options) other than Pattaya and Phuket?

If there aren’t any other options in Thailand, how about in other countries? Boracay in the Philippines is very gay (although not officially) and there is a lot of gay activity on Bali, but I’m trying to think of ideas that are out of the ordinary. Maybe the beaches in Sri Lanka or Goa could be an option? How about Cambodia and Vietnam?

We've been in Bali, Krabi, Samui (Chaweng and Lamai) and Phuket in the last few years. All gay-friendly, none "gay" in the sense that Jomtien's beach once  was. The sheer openness of Thailand's gay scene-even now- has not been replicated anywhere I've visited across four continents. But I've not been ito Brazil, sadly.

Travellerdave's "few boys" are sitting at home meeting customers via the apps. I see their point. Come to think of it, those at Dongtan Beach are probably glued to their screens too!

When was it that the chair-concessions starting advertising their wi-fi? a defining moment in the history of Gay Jomtien.

I was at Sihanoukville many years ago gay scene is very limited,it was nice beach before but freind of mine who had been there recently told me that the Chinese trashed the area and the beach with over development.

Of course if you like  the combination of a boy plus sand and sea there is sometimes the option of taking your off or boyfriend to the beach. Whilst staying in the Complex I’ve taken suitable boys for a late morning breakfast and then for an hour or two at what’s left of the gay beach. Once last year I had a boy accompany me into the calm sea where we had some fun swimming and  splashing in the warm water. Lovely memory which deserved the promised enhanced tip.