bkkmfj2648

Trip report - Koh Chang - 15Jan2024 - 18Jan2024

Thanks a lot for the report. I stayed on Koh Chang last week (in the very south, Chivapuri Beach Resort) and liked it very much. having your own car is great. The ferry for the car is only 120.

5 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

Really interesting report, thank you. I always heard that the mosquitoes on Koh Chang were HUGE! And real bloodsuckers! Was that your experience?

Then I consider myself lucky - as I only recall a few mosquito bites that only left small bite marks - none of those large bloodsucker bite marks that I hate and itch for days.

2 hours ago, siriusBE said:

Thanks a lot for the report. I stayed on Koh Chang last week (in the very south, Chivapuri Beach Resort) and liked it very much. having your own car is great. The ferry for the car is only 120.

Thanks for your feedback.  Could you elaborate some more about your choice to stay at the almost southern point on Koh Chang?

The reason that I ask is we are thinking of returning again to Koh Chang and maybe it would be nice for us to also stay at the Chivapuri Beach Resort.

Is there civilization outside of the resort?  We noticed that the farther away that you got from the 2 primary tourist areas; White Sands beach and Lonely Beach it becomes quite remote.  Was that your experience?

We truly enjoyed eating outside of our resort at the Beach Tango place at the White Sands beach as it was much more lively and genuine than the sterile type of experience you can have when you remain confined within a resort for too long.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, feedback you can share regarding this almost southern most point of the island.

Chivapuri_Beach_Resort.jpg.93b3306353d146debdf1e53bba850b63.jpg

22 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Is there civilization outside of the resort?  We noticed that the farther away that you got from the 2 primary tourist areas; White Sands beach and Lonely Beach it becomes quite remote.  Was that your experience?

We truly enjoyed eating outside of our resort at the Beach Tango place at the White Sands beach as it was much more lively and genuine than the sterile type of experience you can have when you remain confined within a resort for too long.

Chivapuri Beach Resort is quite a remote place. It's a very nice resort, clean, nice beach and a fast stable internet (important to me as a digital nomad). Not the cheapest one though. The hotel's restaurant is good and there are some small restaurants in the neighborhood , but that's it.

So, if you enjoy a diverse selection of restaurants and bars then I fear this is not the right place for you. But you can compensate for this to a certain extent by having your own car.