Stable Genius

Trump gets the greatest verdicts. No one else gets verdicts like his. Many people tell him that.

The bank did their own appraisal, the loans were paid back on time, some early, assuming there was a crime it was definitely victimless.
You could probably find 100% of every company that has applied for a commercial loan did the same thing.

Kevin O' Leery from Shark Tank defended Trump: 
“Every single real estate developer everywhere on Earth does this…Who lost money? Nobody! If you’re gonna sue this case and win, you gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere...so I don’t think this thing will ever survive appeal…This doesn’t even make sense.” (Kevin, sane people would think so but the entire Justice system is corrupt.)

The testimony of all bankers and others was dismissed? So obvious that the Justice System needs a complete overhaul but by whom? Who do you complain too? Who do you ask to investigate when the investigators are corrupt too?

I'm sure the appeal will be filed by next week... No doubt the outrageous penalty will be reduced significantly, and likely that the entire verdict tossed out.

On appeal, the malicious prosecution and personal corruption of the judge and AG, the smug and smarmy Morticia James, will be revealed, turning the entire waste of time into a criminal matter against the Democrats, just like what's happening in Georgia. 

This judge is a product of the NY political machine. It is a cesspool of corruption.
The silver lining is that after EVERY anti-Trump verdict, his approval ratings go up. This time will be no different.

7 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

I'm sure the appeal will be filed by next week... No doubt the outrageous penalty will be reduced significantly, and likely that the entire verdict tossed out.

On appeal, the malicious prosecution and personal corruption of the judge and AG, the smug and smarmy Morticia James, will be revealed, turning the entire waste of time into a criminal matter 

Right, from your star witness, Alexander Smirnov lol.

2 hours ago, EmmetK said:

'The bank did their own appraisal, the loans were paid back on time, some early, assuming there was a crime it was definitely victimless.
You could probably find 100% of every company that has applied for a commercial loan did the same thing.'

So, if I rob a bank then hand back the money, my crime is 'victimless'?  And if everyone else is doing it, it's ok?

Surely the victims here are the banks that were lied to and who lent large sums of money over the years  to Trump on the basis of those lies. It's called fraud, and that's illegal.

'The testimony of all bankers and others was dismissed?'

Yes, and rightly so. The trial wasn't about the banks and whether or not they lost money - it was about Trump obtaining loans under false prerences.

'So obvious that the Justice System needs a complete overhaul but by whom? Who do you complain too? Who do you ask to investigate when the investigators are corrupt too?'

If it's so obvious, why didn't Trump do something about reforming Trump calls the justice system corrupt, but is willing to corrupt it himself by wanting it to dismiss all charges against him. Oh, the irony'

'....smug and smarmy Morticia James,....'

Isn't that a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black?

Trump calls the justice system corrupt but is willing to corrupt it himself by demanding it put him above the law. Oh, the irony.

11 hours ago, EmmetK said:

Kevin O' Leery from Shark Tank defended Trump: 
“Every single real estate developer everywhere on Earth does this…Who lost money? Nobody! If you’re gonna sue this case and win, you gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere...so I don’t think this thing will ever survive appeal…This doesn’t even make sense.” (Kevin, sane people would think so but the entire Justice system is corrupt.)

The testimony of all bankers and others was dismissed? So obvious that the Justice System needs a complete overhaul but by whom? Who do you complain too? Who do you ask to investigate when the investigators are corrupt too?

I assume you meant Kevin O'Leary. Will he be called as an expert witness when Stinky appeals?

• Members
16 hours ago, EmmetK said:

This judge is a product of the NY political machine. It is a cesspool of corruption.

YES!  YES!  YES!

Everyone is talking about how corrupt the judge is.  Trump is the most honest and least racist person in America.  

Everyone knows that Trump is Mr.  Integrity.  People all over the galaxy all agree that Trump never gets in trouble with the law.

• Members
1 hour ago, EmmetK said:

All this political persecution will totally backfire. President Trump will be re-elected this year by a landslide.

YES!  YES!   YES!

Everyone is talking about how Trump wins in the biggest landslides ever.  Most people say Trump's 2020 landslide was the biggest ever.  But everybody also talks about 2018.  And 2022.  And 2023.  Even this special election in New York.

Yup.  Trump wins the best landslides in history.  It's just a fact.

Trump fans have created a GoFundMe page.

In only 2 days, donations are almost $400,000.
Between the GoFundMe site and the Trump sneakers, that will go a long way to paying off whatever the ultimate liability is, if any, in the two civil cases, after the appeals have reduced the amounts.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

I've already sent in a tidy donation.

5 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Between the GoFundMe site and the Trump sneakers, that will go a long way to paying off whatever the ultimate liability is, if any, in the two civil cases, after the appeals have reduced the amounts.

I think some people asked for a refund.  It's down to $376,000

8 hours ago, EmmetK said:

So, a guy who boasts about being rich - "I'm rich. I'm really really rich" - and who estimates his wealth at anything between 4 and 10 billion dollars, depending on who is is trying to Impress, is now asking the poorer members of society to send him money. He makes tele-evangelists like Jim and Tammy Baker look like honest, tireless workers for charity!

And to add insult to injury, the ex-potus has stooped to selling his own brand of sneakers! 

As they say, you can't make this stuff up.

Trump is living proof that money can't buy class. He is more crass, more vulgar and less intelligent than any of his trailer trash

followers.

• Members

There were (at least) a couple things about this case I didn't understand until recently.  unsure.gif

First is the way the fines were set.  I thought they were really high and meant to be more punitive than reflective of actual damages.  As Trump says, "Nobody lost any money and there are no victims and they were all perfect deals."

But looking at the way the damages were calculated, it's a pretty conservative approach and one that seems unlikely to be reversed on appeal.  The way I now understand the 'fines', they're not so much fines as they are calculations of how much money Trump saved by lying about his assets and therefore his risk profile.

In one case, he 'saved' over a hundred million in interest charges that the banks were entitled to had they actually known his assets were worth much less than he swore to.  Those 'savings' went right into his pocket, and now the court is telling him he has to give them back.

In the other case, he made another hundred million or so by getting a deal on the old Post Office, turning it into a hotel, and selling it for a profit - which, again, went right into his pocket.  If he had been honest about his assets from the beginning, he wouldn't have got the Post Office deal in the first place.  And now the court is telling him he has to give those profits back.

In both cases, he will be left exactly as he was before these deals began.  He is merely being asked to return the gains he made by misrepresenting his financial condition.  If a bank robber was punished by merely having to give back the money he stole, he'd consider it his lucky day.

When I look at the 'penalties' that way, they seem more than reasonable to me.  Disgorgement of fraudulent 'profits' is about the most lenient remedy I can think of and I'd be surprised if an appeals court concludes that Trump was treated 'unfairly'.

The second thing I realized comes from Trump's own statements that 'Everybody does what I did.'  If that's true, it makes perfect sense that the government would want to make a very public example of what happens when somebody lies in order to pocket 'profits' that they have no legal right to.  Again, I'd be surprised if an appeals court reversed this message and said it's fine to break the law and, if you get caught, the worst that will happen is that you've got to give the money back.  Plus a little interest.

The one thing that does make Trump an outlier in a case like this is that he's got a bunch of 'followers' who he thinks will be happy to reimburse him for the ill-gotten gains the courts are taking away.  If he's right, every collared bank robber in the country will have a GoFundMe page.

cartoon-illustration-bank-robbery-safety

• Members
11 hours ago, lookin said:

When I look at the 'penalties' that way, they seem more than reasonable to me.  Disgorgement of fraudulent 'profits' is about the most lenient remedy I can think of and I'd be surprised if an appeals court concludes that Trump was treated 'unfairly'.

Thanks for the explanation, @lookin.  I was curious.  And I agree with you.   It's fair.  And it makes sense, on this, and many things, to use Trump as an example of the consequences of pathological law breaking and lying.

• Members
On 2/17/2024 at 5:03 PM, EmmetK said:

And the Democraps can eat crow and leave the country like they promised to in 2016. If only they had, the USA and the world wouldn't be in this huge mess right now.

I'm tired of the misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't we actually WIN just for once????????????????????????

Inflation down to 3 %

Stock market at all time highs

Net worth of average middle class American up 30 % since 2019

Lowest unemployment in half a century

STOP THE MISERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Joe Dementia Biden is toast.  He fucked us over so bad.

Joe Dementia Biden is the new Jimmy Loser Carter. 

In 1980 Carter got his ass kicked because the misery index peaked at 21.9 in Summer 1980!!!

Biden is going to get his ass kicked even worse!  The misery index is 6.8.  That's one point lower than when Trump left office!  It's horrible!

STOP THE MISERY!  IMPEACH LOSER DEMENTIA JOE!

Under Joe Biden:

7.6 million unvetted invaders let into the country, and they continue to pour across the border thanks to Dementia Joe Biden's ending the "Remain-in-Mexico policy, and instituting catch-and-release, allowing thousands of drug dealers, sex traffickers, terrorists, and other elements of the democrat base into the country.

highest inflation in 40 years

Hamas invaded Israel

Russia invaded Ukraine.

none of the above happened under Trump

The country has had enough... and it is reflected in just about every poll.

1 hour ago, Bingo T Dog said:

Talk to Bibi The Butcher.

Bibi the Butcher? Was it Bibi that sent three thousand heavily armed soldiers across the border to kill babies torture, rape, mutilate children, kill babies in front of their parents, and parents in front of their babies?  
Hamas wouldn't have dared to commit these atrocities during a Trump administration. Wouldn't have dared.

4 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Bibi the Butcher? Was it Bibi that sent three thousand heavily armed soldiers across the border to kill babies torture, rape, mutilate children, kill babies in front of their parents, and parents in front of their babies?  
Hamas wouldn't have dared to commit these atrocities during a Trump administration. Wouldn't have dared.

You really should look into the behavior of the IDF. PERIOD. END OF DICUSSION.

• Members
1 hour ago, EmmetK said:

YES!  YES!  YES!

Trump scared the shit out of people.  No one ever fucked with him.

Under Trump China never would have invaded the US with the China virus to kill over 1 million Americans.  Wouldn't have dared.

Under Trump men were more virile.  Under Trump penises were all at least an inch longer.

Under Trump the nation was kinder and gentler.