Olddaddy

Sydney Gay Mardi gras

Sydney is busy from all around the World for the annual Gay Mardi gras.🏳️‍🌈

Thousands going to Sydney this week.

Unfortunately a young gay Police Officer in Sydneys Gay area has been charged with shooting his ex boyfriend and partner last week whilst on duty  and refuses to say where he hid the bodies😂

so there is some controversy whether police should be marching in this year's event 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:56 AM, Olddaddy said:

Sydney is busy from all around the World for the annual Gay Mardi gras.🏳️‍🌈

Thousands going to Sydney this week.

Unfortunately a young gay Police Officer in Sydneys Gay area has been charged with shooting his ex boyfriend and partner last week whilst on duty  and refuses to say where he hid the bodies😂

so there is some controversy whether police should be marching in this year's event 

Bodies now found.

11 hours ago, a-447 said:

It's a free country so the police should be able to march if they want to.

It's ironic that a group of people who have been discriminated against over the years now see fit to discriminate against the police.

I think that is a fair point. 

13 hours ago, a-447 said:

It's a free country so the police should be able to march if they want to.

It's ironic that a group of people who have been discriminated against over the years now see fit to discriminate against the police.

The Police are free to organise and march in their own parade. They have no right to insist on marching in someone elses event. That's literally the opposite of freedom.

The organisers of Pride are free to choose which organisations are or are not invited to join in their event.

Given the police were the front line in persecuting gay men in many "free countries", that this persecution is still well within living memory, that even since legalization their institutional homophobia has resulted in crimes not being properly investigated, its easy to see why there is a complicated relationship between the police and the LGBTQ+ community.

Very true , I can see both sides 

Interestingly I see the police are now opening up the investigations of the gay men deaths back in the 1980's in Sydney,I noticed a Thai man was also a victim.

Sad to say they are investigating ex police in Sydney for being responsible 

9 hours ago, omega said:

The Police are free to organise and march in their own parade. They have no right to insist on marching in someone elses event. That's literally the opposite of freedom.

The organisers of Pride are free to choose which organisations are or are not invited to join in their event.

Given the police were the front line in persecuting gay men in many "free countries", that this persecution is still well within living memory, that even since legalization their institutional homophobia has resulted in crimes not being properly investigated, its easy to see why there is a complicated relationship between the police and the LGBTQ+ community.

The police, like everyone else, are free to march along any public street in the city - they don't need to be part of an organised event and they certainly don't require permission from the Mardi Gras organisers. 

I have a feeling that that is what some members of the police force may, in fact, choose to do.

And yes,the sad history of police persecution and discrimination against our community is well documented. However, having said that, they have been welcome to join in Mardi Gras/ Pride celebrations for as long as I can remember. 

So although the history is not forgotten, everyone has moved on and embraced people based soley on their sexuality.

The rationale for banning the entire police force seems strange to me, as these murders were not part of an institutionalised culture of gay bashing; rather, the murders were a one-off, committed by someone who just happened to be a policeman. He could easily have been a teacher or a fireman. At the moment, the Police Chief of New South Wales is describing the crime as one of domestic violence ,as the alleged perpetrator had been in a relationship with one of his victims. 

It's still very early days in the investigation. We still don't know all the facts - and that "we" includes those who decided to ban the police,

Sydney Mardi gras going to be in in a few hours ,full swing even the Prime Minister is going 😳

Sydney Police cannot march in uniform this year 

Oxford Street, Sydney is busy right now 

Noticed in this vid Latin x walking past in Sydney,isn't he a poster on here ?

Plenty plenty of Thai & Asian Boys looking for sex !!!!!!