Stable Genius

IDF kills 7 World Central Kitchen workers

Shutting down ALL aid. That is their goal. 

Shutting down ALL reporting. That is their goal.

Shutting down ALL resistance. That is their goal. 

Shutting down ALL life. That is their goal. 

Stealing everything. That is their goal. 

Sorry, Israel. Face facts. Net N. Yahoo doesn't want the hostages back. That would end his pretext.

• Members

I share the outrage. The US should hold all aid to Israel unless an election within 60 days is announced, and also the US should let it be known that if they re-elect BN, not to expect any more aid. The only concession I would give the IDF is that the convoy, while clearly marked, was, as I understand it, moving at night. I'm not sure how necessary it was to have the convoy move at night. That being said, this is not a sufficient excuse. Enough is enough. 

1 hour ago, Stable Genius said:

This is just theatre now. Bibi pushes the envelope. Biden sends a sharper warning. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. Civilians keep dying. With our tax money.

+1

• Members
14 hours ago, unicorn said:

...as I understand it, moving at night...

Where did you get that info please? Some people call six pm "night" while sun sets hours later, I searched at least ten articles from reliable press agencies but not one mentions the exact hour.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Thomas_88 said:

Not at all, I reposted & commented many many TikToks last five months.

And why do you think I was directing my comment to you? If you have been condemning the genocide of the Palestinian people, I was clearly not addressing your stand. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Thomas_88 said:

Where did you get that info please? Some people call six pm "night" while sun sets hours later, I searched at least ten articles from reliable press agencies but not one mentions the exact hour.

I heard this on NBC Nightly News. They didn't state a specific time, just said that it was at night. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Thomas_88 said:

It looks as though you didn't look very hard. I just googled "Time of World Central Kitchen attack" and immediately came up with the time: 10:09 PM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/05/world/middleeast/israel-military-world-central-kitchen-strike.html#:~:text=According to the military%2C Israeli,arrived in Gaza by sea.

"...According to the military, Israeli forces began striking the World Central Kitchen convoy at 10:09 p.m. on Monday, as the vehicles made their way along Gaza’s coast. The attack killed six foreign nationals and a Palestinian, all of whom had handled the food aid that had arrived in Gaza by sea...". 

The article continues: "...The seven aid workers had arrived in northern Gaza earlier on Monday to help deliver more than 100 tons of food aid, according to World Central Kitchen. Their trucks left around 9 p.m. and headed south for the group’s warehouse, according to the Israeli military.

Along the coastal road, the trucks met with cars who joined their convoy, according to the military. Shortly after, a gunman appeared to fire a single round from the roof of one of the trucks, according to Maj. Gen. Yoav Har-Even, a reserve officer who oversees the military’s investigations into potential cases of wartime misconduct.

The drone operator and his commanding officers were unaware that the cars were part of the approved humanitarian convoy and wrongly assumed they were carrying armed Palestinians, the Israeli officials said.

Asked why the soldiers were out of the loop, General Har-Even said that certain officers had not seen the coordination documentation. “No excuses,” Gen. Har-Even said, describing the communications failure...". 

I think almost everyone would agree that the errors were inexcusable, as even the IDF agrees. The errors were inexcusable and should result in serious consequences (i.e. serious prison time) for those responsible, as well as civil financial compensation to the families of those who were murdered in the attack. That being said, if I were a leader from World Central Kitchen, I would probably try to ensure that future convoys moved during daylight hours so that the prominent markings on their roofs and sides of vehicles could be clearly visible. 

• Members
23 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

And why do you think I was directing my comment to you? If you have been condemning the genocide of the Palestinian people, I was clearly not addressing your stand. 

Indeed, you didn't. Sorry if I gave a wrong impression.

• Members
1 hour ago, Thomas_88 said:

Thank you for the link, I found ten articles but not that one from the NY Times because for me the article is behind a pay wall.

I do find it interesting how infrequently the time of the incident is mentioned in news articles. Most articles do mention the prominent markings the vehicles had on their roofs and sides, but, you're right, I could find no mention of the time other than in the NYT article. Of course, knowing the time does not change the fact that this attack was inexcusable and criminal, and that it shows a malicious pattern. Knowing the time only explains why the markings weren't seen.