TotallyOz

Le Cafe' Royale in the Heart of Boyztown

Le Cafe Royale is located in the very heart of Boyztown. Boyztown is world famous and is Pattaya’s authentic gay village. Located within walking distance of a multitude of other gay entertainment venues, Le Cafe Royale is only 100 meters from the beach at Pattaya and only a short baht bus distance from the gay beach at Jomtien.

http://www.caferoyale-pattaya.com/

post-10472-12819312603451_thumb.jpg

I stayed at Le Café Royale Hotel for 9 days last December. I was quite satisfied. Prior to booking I sent an email with a few questions. I had an answer in less than 8 hours (there is a 12 hour time difference between Pattaya and Michigan. They accept credit cards at no extra fee (some hotels/guest houses I contacted were cash only or added a fee to use CC's)and check ID's (those were my questions. I reserved a Superior Deluxe room (next up from Standard) and was quite satisfied. There was a large (40 or 42-inch)flat screen TV, fully functional AC, decent hot water in the shower, free Wi-Fi that worked great, large comfortable bed and plenty of bottles of water, the larger (half-liter I think)ones. There was enough room left in the small refrigerator for me to add my own purchases. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and spoke good English. They thoroughly checked all visitor ID's and on Tuesday there is a guest happy hour. Anything on their drink menu seemed to be free. No pool and no gym but great location, facilities, staff and the banana pancakes are awesome! I will definitely be back.

Rumored to be sold for development for condos (another forum).

Contacted them via website but no reply.

Notified them about the other forums posting but they have not responded there-

would not be good for their business if untrue. Supposedly bookings through Christmas are still valid.

Might be the last time to stay there, so book now.

Has anyone heard anything definitive?

Rumored to be sold for development for condos (another forum).

Contacted them via website but no reply.

I like rumor about it being converted to multi-storey ladyboys bar better.

Next one will be likely that LCR will be converted to a monastery aiming to salve both sides of whoring masses  there 

I cannot see condos in that building carrying any kind of premium, probably much more profitable to run it as a hotel. 

Of course, if they demolish the whole block and build some 30 floor monstrosity, the economics might look more attractive.

I remember Ian Reed telling the same story -(someone else might) "demolish the whole block and build

some 30 floor..."

Property near the beach is worth a fortune.

Its present footprint would not make many condos or be viable as such.

But not refuting this story on the other forum is not good for bookings.

Certainly they got my email, but never bothered responding.

Spent 2 nights there in November, glad I did. Room quiet , no bar noises at all, safe in the room working perfect. Room not big but well appointed.

Only thing I did not like was partition like sliding door to the washroom - not much privacy if you have company and need to take a dump,  sorry for being brutal, fortunately it was not my problem neither my guests.

Friendly staff. Good food in restaurant with view on all soi's goings. Will be happy to return as hotel is in the middle of Boyztown action and good value at 1100 +7.5% tax per night. Breakfast not included , I was breakfasting in Boat Bakery just across 2nd Road, steps from hotel.