Guest Devint6669

Come In Bar in Sunee Plaza

Guest Devint6669

I have been coming to Thailand for 9 years and I lived in Pattaya for a long time before I moved to Chiang Mai. I love Thailand and I enjoy Pattaya a great deal.

One of the things I love about Pattaya is great bar owners like David from Come In Bar. I have been hanging out in that bar for many years and it is always a great place to chill, play pool, meet cute guys and also talk to David. David is French and French was my first language. I didn’t learn English until late in life and sometimes in my posting on this board, you may notice I have some issues. Most of that is the use of the English language.

David and his partner run a great bar. They are great to his workers and I have never heard negative comments about him.

Come In Bar is often very busy. It has been a true stable of the gay area of Sunee Plaza for many years. I never go to that area without stopping in for a drink.

You will enjoy Come In Bar if you drop by. The drinks are cheap. The staff is great and the atmosphere is fun. I recommend this bar very highly!

post-13390-0-93090700-1355762596_thumb.jpg

You said it! I dont go to many different bars when in Pattaya, and we mostly stay in Sunee. Come-In bar is number one for me. David and all of the staff are very friendly. And they have a great sense of humo(u)r too, sorry to all the Brits :p .

Ps. I think I have more difficulties with the English writing than you. And I wish I could speak French too, but David speaks English good enough to be able to have a conversation.

Guest fountainhall

Devint6669 - I would have had no idea English is not your first language! I learned French at school for 8 years, yet I struggle now to find even a few phrases. Some of it comes back when I am in France - but not a lot! You (and a few others who post here and are also not English by birth) put one of the posters who deliberately writes in a form of artificial mangled English to shame!

Devin6699,

Come in Bar looks interesting. I have been in Pattaya on a career break for nearly 2 years. I'm returning home on Xmas Eve this year. I get confused about Bars in Sunee. Where exactly is Come In Bar? Is it same soi as Ya Ya or is the soi where All of Me is located?

Thanks !

Devin6699,

Come in Bar looks interesting. I have been in Pattaya on a career break for nearly 2 years. I'm returning home on Xmas Eve this year. I get confused about Bars in Sunee. Where exactly is Come In Bar? Is it same soi as Ya Ya or is the soi where All of Me is located?

Thanks !

If you know Yaya, it is the bar directly adjacent to Yaya. It is right next door and it a double or triple shop house. It is across the street from Corner Bar.

Guest fountainhall

In my few visits to Pattaya, I've had drinks in Yaya and Corner Bar. I have no idea of the names and locations of any of the other open-air beer bars! I have just passed them and paid no attention! :fool:

I've been to a few of the beer bars over the years, but after my first visit there I tended to always go to the same one. The reason I chose to do that was not ideal. The reason was simple, it was the one my Thai friend preferred. Looking back it would have been nice to have got around a bit more because it seems to me each bar has its own feel to it, atmosphere or whatever. Yes they all serve drinks, and all allow you to people watch, but a good bar should offer a lot more than that.

I would guess ex-pats who frequent Sunee fall into two categories: those who try a different place from time to time and those who gravitate to a particular one and either out of loyalty or preference stick with it.

Guest anonone

Thanks for the info on Come In Bar.

This whole conversation has made me think...there are a lot of beer bars that I have not tried out...and no good reason why.

I have been into every gogo bar (I think...I may have missed one in BT area) but for some reason, I tend to stick to the same beer bars in Sunee each time. YaYa for coffee in the early evening. New Queen or Crazy Pub for late night drinks.... Those 3 are my usual hang-outs.

I seem to be in a rut...maybe I will check out Come In Bar on my next visit.....

I've been to a few of the beer bars over the years, but after my first visit there I tended to always go to the same one. The reason I chose to do that was not ideal. The reason was simple, it was the one my Thai friend preferred.

Exactly same here, and I have not found the guts to propose some other bars for him. It seems that the Thais only want to go where they can have a good chat with friends all the night. I feel I miss something, but in the end it's all the same i guess. I would not however be able to look for other boys either...

I have been coming to Pattaya for many years and when I first arrived, Come In Bar was my beer bar of choice. I was there everytime I was in Sunee Plaza.

I only spent more time in other bars when the guys I have been friendly with started working at another bar.

It is pretty amazing how often we find one place and just stay there isn't it?

I find Corner Bar very enjoyable and friendly. The wait staff is great and the pool table there is quite fun. I have had so many good times in this bar. It is also a great view of the entire Plaza as the boys all walk by the bar.

I spoke with Noi last night. He worked at Come In bar for more than a decade, 14+ years.

He's now just across the little soi at Double Shot Bar. Great guy, good English and popular

with older farangs. If someone decides to rent the old Come In bar, Noi would make an ideal

manager.