TotallyOz

Mr. Toom Taxi and a Little Crow

OK. First, let me say I am a man with tremendous loyalty. For years, I only used Rit's taxi and then I moved to JC Taxi and have used them for at least 5 years. But, each time gets more and more frustrated as I tell them which way I want to go and they always get off that road and take a cheaper one. Even though I always pay them for the tolls.

My friend Firecat was in town last month and he did Pattaya to Bangkok in under 2 hours. I told him he was full of shit as it has been taking me 3.5 hours. After much ado about nothing (think Seinfield) we agreed to disagree.

But, today, I decided that I would try his guy, Mr. Toom. I needed a taxi to Pattaya Bangkok Hospital for the dentist and to see a friend and then back to Bangkok. My regular guy quoted me 3200. I called Mr. Toom and he said 2500. I decided I would risk something new.

Bangkok to Pattaya - Under 2 hours nice car, nice driver

Pattaya to Bangkok - Under 2 hours

So, Mr. Firecat, I'll eat my words and ask that you forgive me for calling you a lier or an exaggerator or full of shit, or whatever words I used. You were right. I'll say that only one time this year, so enjoy it. :)

For those that are looking for a nice guy and good driver:

toom39@msn.com

(66)81-482-7148

Guest fountainhall

On the few times I have been to Pattaya in recent years, I have always used Mr. Toom. Always reliable, always the quickest road, always courteous drivers.

Guest anonone

About 2 trips ago, I switched from Mr T and started using Mr. Toom.

Very good decision.  Great service, very prompt on emails, and drivers that I just feel more safe and secure with....

Glad everyone is having the same great service so we keep supporting !

The last taxi I took in Thailand was with Mr Toom following another Mr Firecat recommendation on this forum.

I was very pleased with the service.  He turned up promptly- a few minutes early & stopped just the once between Pattaya & BKK.

Guest finally

I always use the service of Mr. T and his drivers were always on time and we made it to P. under 2 hours. If I remember correctly I paid 1000B from BKK to P. and 1100B back (or the other way round). The cars were clean Toyota Camries. So there is no reason for me to change. Anone: Why did you switch to Mr. Toom?

Guest anonone

Why did I switch from Mr T?

It started with the drivers not being at the airport waiting for me. This happened twice, where I had to call and wait another 10 minutes or so until someone showed up. On one of those times, they did not have enough taxis....or over-scheduled...hard to understand exactly. I ended up sharing a taxi with another Pattaya bound passenger, for a reduced price.

I then had an early afternoon pickup from BKK after a domestic flight from BF's home. Driver was there, but started falling asleep on the drive to Pattaya !! Several times I had to loudly call out to him as we were drifting out of our lane....pretty scary, and I am not prone to being overly concerned about taxi drivers.

Vowed then to never use Mr T again. I have been very pleased with Mr Toom. It seems they are much more organized and on top of things. And it seems Mr Toom uses better vehicles (Mr T was random, some vehicles nice, some pretty sad) and seems Mr Toom employs better drivers.

I would say it depends where in Bangkok and Pattaya and at which time.

I use buses (554 and 389, 34 + 134 Baht) and get from my room near Don Mueang into my hotel room in Jomtien Komplex in 4.0 hours on a Friday afternoon/evening. That's excellent value for money. You pay more than tenfold and save only two hours. Plus, there might be a cute boy in the bus (never happened so far, but it can happen, however not in a taxi!).

Guest anonone

Can certainly understand the value of buses. Unfortunately, I usually land in Thailand about midnight, and the buses have stopped running for the night.

3.5 hours! I don't think it's ever taken me that long except for the days before the expressway was finished.

I've used TheLimoPattaya for the last several years. Always a fine experience at a reasonable price. And never more than 2 hours from Silom to Pattaya and vv.

I would say it depends where in Bangkok and Pattaya and at which time.

I use buses (554 and 389, 34 + 134 Baht) and get from my room near Don Mueang into my hotel room in Jomtien Komplex in 4.0 hours on a Friday afternoon/evening. That's excellent value for money. You pay more than tenfold and save only two hours. Plus, there might be a cute boy in the bus (never happened so far, but it can happen, however not in a taxi!).

What do you mean no cute boy in the bus ? what about you?

3.5 hours! I don't think it's ever taken me that long except for the days before the expressway was finished.

I've used TheLimoPattaya for the last several years. Always a fine experience at a reasonable price. And never more than 2 hours from Silom to Pattaya and vv.

Same me. Used them (The Limo Pattaya) for many years already and will again in november.