Guest anonone

Pattaya visit Nov. 2013

Coyote drink system sounds cruel but I hope somehow it works for them. Likely they are getting their cut from drink.

When at X-size , Soi Twilight, had boy sitting with me during show, my drink 200 /they had promotion that day / , his 290. I noticed he got some paper slip with his drink so possibly this was to satisfy his quota, or to secure his cut on drink or may be both.

Actually it would be quite interesting to learn was bars and massages are dealing with boys compensation. There are stories than mamasans are extorting portion of boy's tips  or some boys in massages are freelancers only so if they don't get a client they go home hungry.

At least boy at Playboy massage in Silom when got his tip from me told me that he is going to eat something because he did not eat yet that day and it was getting dark at the time, but it could be just his way of feeding himself- good meal late afternoon. 

When in tropics I usually don't eat anything after breakfast until late evening.   

Noticed few times when offing boys they were giving  of 20 baht to mamasans - looked as their tip to them, not unreasonable .

Looks that we agree on upscale dining- boys neither enjoy it nor appreciate our expense and as your BF comment shows -they

are actually right.

This brings us to another show we farangs are putting sometimes - few of them are dining enjoying conversation and  boy or boys at the table are visibly left out and bored to death. Only place I saw this spectacle when in Nov was soi 4 and did not like it.

Guest anonone

I think the coyote dancers get a pretty decent monthly salary...which is then reduced if they don't make their drink quota.  I don't know as much about the massage boys as I haven't really had the opportunity to talk with them at length. 

As for the paper chits that the gogo and beer bar staff get, you are correct.  They turn those in for money at some point. Not a huge amount...somewhere around 20 to 50 baht per drink would be typical.  At some bars, if they order a soft drink instead of alcohol, they get a bit more money from their chit.  If you are wondering why the boys would order coke instead of a beer or whiskey....that is usually why.

And yes, it can be very boring for BF to hang out with a group of falang over dinner.  That is why the private parties turn out to be so much fun.  The Thai boys can do their thing...chatting, playing games, whatever while the falang discuss matters of world affair. 

That is why they are so happy to get a coyote drink.  I am not sure of the money amounts (maybe colmx can chime in with some details....he knows much more about the coyote dancer setup) but the dancer was very happy with the drinks.

As far as i know each coyote is expected to work the crowd and get 2 x coyote drinks per night

(actually i think its 60 drinks per month-  which means that once they get 2 drinks their quota is filled for the night)

If they don't reach their quota - then their salary (12-14,000B per month) is cut by 200B per drink

Normal coyote drink is 200B and its usually a shot of tequila these days, the mamasan usually tries to push for a double coyote drink @400B and usually means the coyote can have something nicer like a Kaluha-milk...

Seems in the case of the NAB coyote above - the guy managed to pull 10 of his drinks quota (2 x 1000B cocktails) in one night...nice going for him!

There is nothing worse than being near the end of the month when coyotes are trying to scrounge drinks from everyone and anyone over and over

I learned something new, I don't frequent clubs so did not have much idea about drink quota  system.

Go-go likely are on different quotas as I did not notice them being very pushy for drinks, mamasans sometimes are. But can envision they may  have some quota of offs per month.

200 per drink is not the steep but 1000 would be hair rising.

I'm happy for coyote and his two 1000 baht drinks but feel sorry for his admirer who spent 2000 and still went home alone but I think this happened to may of us too

Guest anonone

I don't think any gogo bar has a quota for their dancers when it comes to boy drinks...at least I have not heard of that. It is more a night club / coyote dancer thing. Most of the bar boys look at their chit money as pocket money / funds to eat for the night.

There is also typically a pack of friends that look out for each other when it comes to sharing food. When someone gets "lucky" and has some incoming money, they will usually make sure their mates are taken care of for food and such. Sort of like an insurance policy for when they have a lull and get hungry. Lol. Anyway, sharing food is an important part of Thai life regardless.

To quote BF... "When Thai boy has customer, everyone eats". :)

This is very smart on their part to set this kind of insurance, most of them are far from families and  are only their friends from bars they can count on.

This is not laughing matter as over the years on few occasions I offed boys who were visibly hungry. Now I would not even think  about taking boy to the hotel before asking him ' where you want to eat' and very seldom they tell me they eat already. / I just counted based on my notes, out of 14 offs in November only 3 skipped food part /.

It never crossed my mind before  somehow at one point  I noticed that boy is hungry.

We may be under impression that they have multiple offs every night but I doubt  this is case for most if any of them.

Bars are providing some food late in the evening but if one offs boy early he may not have eaten since morning if at all.

Lots of merits are to be earned by offering them  a supper. Anonone with this roof party earned probably enough to be upgraded unexpectedly to first class on his next trip.

Guest anonone

Lots of merits are to be earned by offering them  a supper. Anonone with this roof party earned probably enough to be upgraded unexpectedly to first class on his next trip.

Just to clarify, all the Thai boys pitched in to buy all the food and the first set of drinks. It was a party given as a goodbye present to me (and BF) and as a thanks for all the fun times we all had this visit. The only thing I paid for that night was some additional drinks late in the day as we ran out of some things.

It was one of the things that made the night so special for me...our friends did this for us.

Not that I will turn down the upgrade to First Class, but it was not any merit for this particular night. Must be my overall good karma, if it happens. lol

We may be under impression that they have multiple offs every night but I doubt  this is case for most if any of them.

I think that Vinapu is referring to one of the biggest fallacies of these boards... The oft mentioned but seldom seen superstar boy

The fact is that these superstar boys that have multiple offs day after day are few and far between... most boys struggle to get 4-5 offs per month to pay the bills and keeep food in their stomach

Saying that, One thing that my BF has often noted from his time in the bars was how it easy it was to get offed... after you have been offed already that night...  The problem is to get the ball rolling in the first place

When a boy is finished a short time off and comes back to the bar... the reason he goes back is usually to see his friends - not to look for another customer!

However the farang customer sees a boy walk in, fully dressed and looking happy - the boy is smiling/joking and has enough money his pocket for food for a few days or to bring his friends to the disco... he is absolutely not looking for a customer...

However the farang sees the smiling, clothed boy and suddenly decides he wants to have him...above all the other boys in teh bar... thus the next off is initiated... the customers come knocking on the door when you are not desperately looking for them!

Certainly from my point of view I am always more attracted to the well dressed smiley (and possibly even cocky)guy that comes in to chat and joke with his friends... over the guy standing there in his saggy underwear!

Lesson learned and ever since I always ask them where they want to eat and to their credit never had a case that they steered me toward any expensive dining place.

Wonder if others had similar experiences 

Most of my dining experiences are now with my bf so can't speak to dining with "offs".  When with me his preferences are always toward more upscale places featuring other than Thai food and enjoys every bite of it.  Even when I am not in residence he will save his money and then splurge on himself.  Of course his everyday food is from the  stalls featurning Issan style food.  Guess he is spoiled?

I have seen Thaiboys who only eat Thai street food.

In one case, when offered a sample of my Indian food in a food court, he tried about one molecule of each dish before firmly stating he didn't like it.

Another habit is for them to order the most expensive & cream topped coloured drink in Starbucks and take about 1 sip.

Maybe this is a good thing, after all if they eat western food, they might acquire a western figure.

Street food likely is similar to what they eat at home like mama's cooking so likely it's why they like it.

You are100% right about western food -specially in hot Thai climate  they would acquire  our shapes very fast.

Colmx observation may be spot on- smiling  face always attracts attention of others. On another hand offing boy who still smells his previous clinet may not be  best receipt for fun as boy may not be as enthusiastic as we wish.

Your estimation of 5-6 offs per month for average boy  may be correct if not over optimistic. Really I don't have an idea but have my statistic samples-for most of my massage boys   I was their first client that day, I usually ask either mamasan or them after they landed my contract. Granted they may be lying for some reason but I doubt.

One of best looking boys from Classic I offed in 2nd half of May told me I'm his second off that month only.

Very good looking #76 from Dreamboys, owner of firm and perky butt told me I'm his first off in 4 days. Yes at that bar it's lots of internal competition as IMHO almost all boys there are very good looking but on another hand this is very busy bar packed even on Monday or Tuesday evenings with prospective  clients.

I had a boy tell me he had been working for just 1 month, with 6 offs. Then he pulls out a Samsung phone worth several times his total earnings in the current career.

Perhaps working on the family farm in Laos paid for the phone, but that seems very unlikely.

I think they tend to understate the number of offs.

Taking just one farang for a good ride at night  may result in  daytime trip to the store and  here's the phone.

Or flashing thing beyond boys means the same thing like in the West where some people are driving cars they really can't afford just to flash or feel better  , imagine visiting your village in Laos being first there owing smartphone, spirits of everybody are lifted up that one of them made good as 'tour guide' in Pattaya.

But you my be right, I noticed too that they tend to be discreet about their work and at times tend to skip questions when asked. 

I think very few farang would buy a $600 phone for a boy based on a one night off.

Also I figure the cannot borrow the money or get a phone contract if they are just visiting on a Lao passport. So I presume the phone must have been a cash purchase.

Clearly some kind of smartphone is useful for marketing purposes in their chosen profession, but a basic model should suffice.

Guest jimnbkk

Wow.  I feel like such a keeneow falang after reading this thread.  I have a bf.  I don't mess around with other boys except to socialize.  I never stay out late; I'm always in bed before the bars close.  BF is nearly always ready early too.  I must reevaluate my attitude towards buying a bottle I think.  Since I don't drink, I always refuse to buy a bottle.  I've spent a bundle on BF: trip to Singapore, room with all furnishings, weekly at least 'contribution' to his well being.  Next trip I'll stay with bf in his room; he's ok with that.  I go to Pattaya just for the weather and the company of young, handsome boys and the freedom to be a gay man 100 percent of the time without any worry about "what people think".  I don't enjoy discos (too damn loud).  I qualify for geezerdom now.  My Thai friends pretty much understand me.  I'm very content with my life in Pattaya and I come twice a year for two month stays.  I love to read about the adventures of you younger guys, and I guess if truth were known, I'm a bit envious.  Keep up the reporting please!!

What 'keeneow' stands for, is this some singlish expression? I see this word used often, never had a chance to ask.

If you are content with your life in Pattaya this is what counts, good for you !

Pattaya needs more farangs who are happy there- too many unhappy  faces, this is memory I took with me from brief visit in Nov. 

And you are right , in company of younger people we feel younger too.

Guest anonone

Jim.

If you like to socialize with the Thai boys (not just looking for sex), buying a bottle will be a great experience, especially if you have some existing Thai boy friends. It is much more comfortable for them as it is how they would do things if you were not there. They prefer the communal approach.

If you have your own place, even better. Bottle of whiskey from 7-11 is not expensive. Add in some soda water and a bit of Coke...good to go.

Guest anonone

Koko...Surely the BF has some Thai friends that would he would like to hang out with for the night....?  Maybe I am making some assumptions based on my friends, so perhaps not a great idea for everyone?

This is not (necessarily) about getting them into bed.  I find it fascinating to hang out and drink with our group of Thai friends.  You can learn a lot...about each Thai boy as well as some cultural inclinations.  Any hanky-panky is just the cherry on top of the sundae. 

:good:

Koko...Surely the BF has some Thai friends that would he would like to hang out with for the night....?  Maybe I am making some assumptions based on my friends, so perhaps not a great idea for everyone?

The BF does hang with his friends but at their place and I am not part of that aspect of his life which is likely a good thing.

The BF does hang with his friends but at their place and I am not part of that aspect of his life which is likely a good thing.

i think that you are possibly missing out on the best part of the Thai BF experience... maybe time to broaden your horizons?

From my perspective... hanging out with my BF and his Thai friends in thai style venues... is the best part about having a Thai BF!