Travellerdave

Dongtan Gay Beach

Guest anonone

Perfect weather for curling up around the fireplace.  Something one does not get to do in Thailand.  If that doesn't work ever think of moving to Florida or Arizona? :abe:

No...work and family keeps me in the frigid MidWest. If I am going to move someplace warm, it will be Thailand. :)

If you really want to escape from the Russian women, only a male sauna still safe. The women even go into the male

massage places in Boyztown area.

The male sauna might be safe from Russian women, but Sansuk seems to have a female attendant in the locker room. :growl:

What the hell are they thinking about?   

As for women in male massage places, that's fine as long as they go and have a massage (or whatever) in silence, just like everyone else.  The curtains or walls keep them out of sight, so as long as we're not disturbed by dreadful high pitched voices, what does it matter?

Whilst entering Relax @ Me, I saw a blonde young lady coming down from the private rooms with a male masseur.

Made no difference to my customer experience.

Whilst entering Relax @ Me, I saw a blonde young lady coming down from the private rooms with a male masseur.

Made no difference to my customer experience.

for me it would be kind of recommendation for this masseur as I prefer  manly boys over fems and chances are so did that lady

Guest SpermAholic

what is his name? hope he is cute and smooth

His name is Minoya and really is just a toaster oven so I would never reccomend sliding anything inside him unless it is Chicken or a pork chop lol :crazysmile:

The last 2 or 3 nights have been decent though so no need for my TO.   Just a butt-plug and a thin blanky

for me it would be kind of recommendation for this masseur as I prefer  manly boys over fems and chances are so did that lady

Well he was a manly type.  Not sure if he's gay or straight, but considering the majority of the population are straight, I suppose being paid to massage a young blonde lady in a private room might just be a "result" for him.

Relax at me has manly, twinky, slightly fem and female staff.  I go for the twinky or slightly fem ones.

They advertise 300 baht oil massages, then show you the price list which has oil massage in curtained room for 300 baht and a "private room" is 400 baht. The walls in the private rooms don't go all the way to the ceiling, so they're no more private than the 300 baht rooms in some other massage places. 

A cunning marketing ploy.

Guest Guideneeded

I went to Dongtan Beach for the first time ever yesterday afternoon. It was a bit late I suppose, being 4pm, but I wanted to watch the sunset, as the weather has been glorious here. I walked the length of it and it was almost deserted of boys, although there were a few ferangs still enjoying the last hours of heat from the sun. Bit disappointed really!

Guest Tball73

I thought a couple of boys running food and drinks to and from Tui's place were cute.

Otherwise, like most places in Pattaya, the beach was "infested" with Russians and mainland-Chinese - possibly two of the rudest peoples on the planet.

There is indeed a very severe infestation of Russians.  Perhaps the Soviets were doing us all a big favour by keeping them at home.

However, the mainland Chinese seem quite well behaved.  I've not yet had a problem with any of them on the beach.   Furthermore, I meet quite a lot of young educated Chinese people & they're a lot more polite than their counterparts from my own country.

I paid another visit yesterday with my "boyfriend du jour". Really the weather is superb just now in Pattaya and has contributed very much to my holiday. I'm not looking forward to returning home in a few days.

I decided to top up my tan by sun bathing a little but if course the boy didn't want to expose his pale body to the rays, so I paid for three chairs - 2 under the umbrellas and one near the water. I had him spread some low factor sun cream on me and minimised the area covered by my speedos. After half an hour I joined him back under the umbrellas to assess whether I was burning and to have a drink and a cuddle with him. I repeated the process a couple of times. I have an average skin as far as tanning is concerned so it is important not to overdo it. The boy laughed at me that night when I stood before the mirror admiring my tan before we got into bed.

Perhaps the Soviets were doing us all a big favour by keeping them at home.

This is what good people of Georgia and Virginia used to say about slave owners and their slaves but eventually they got over it.

I think gay people particularly should be careful with statements like one quoted as there are many places where we are not welcomed.

My Pattaya experience is VERY limited but I'm kind of well traveled and  never had any problems with Russians so I'm quite amazed and curious to know  what they actually doing in PTY to deserve such a scorn.

No , I'm not Russian, understand some language and script though, may be that helps to feel easier in their presence.

If somebody needs some Russian stereotype from me -here's one : I noticed that when abroad they are reluctant o speak Russian with foreigners, wonder if others noticed the same thing ?

People who's behaviour is inconsiderate and therefore inconveniences other should not expect to be popular.

I expect all the drunken young Brits who travel abroad and create trouble are not popular.  They don't deserve to be.

Equally, if the peace and quiet on Jomtien beach is shattered by noisy drunken Russians, play acting, making an unreasonable amount of noise and damaging the beach furniture, we're not going to like it.  Further problems like a tendency to queue jump and a complete lack of courtesy on the streets don't help either.

Here's your Russian language lesson for the day.

некультурный 
nekul'turnyy
uncultured-adjective

Best you should only mumble that under your breath.

It should work if one encounters bad behaving Russian and calls his behaviour nekul'turnyy, at least worked in Soviet times.

Regarding the Russian bashing on this forum, please consider that some of our respected members are Russian. It must be painful for them to read what is being posted. 

I often times read that Americans are considered as rude tourists but, as an American, I find that hard to believe based on my knowledge of fellow countrymen.

that's very handy, what did you guys drink?

Here's the thing! The guy was Slovakian and we were drinking slivovic from his hometown. As my Slovak was even more limited than my Russian back then (i.e. zero words instead of one word), I said 'nastrovje', and indeed, he understood. That night I learned a lot of Slovak. ;)

Regarding the Russian bashing on this forum, please consider that some of our respected members are Russian. It must be painful for them to read what is being posted. 

I often times read that Americans are considered as rude tourists but, as an American, I find that hard to believe based on my knowledge of fellow countrymen.

I don't think is any nation which can be called rude when travelling, there are people and people. Generally speaking people in bigger groups tend to behave  more loudly and less considerate - this may be source of bashing as Russians tend to arrive in groups. 

As for your fellow Americans my personal stereotype of them is that they tend to be less visible in  non-English speaking countries, I guess shock value of discovery  that countries can function with some straight from hell language spoken instead of English. But rude - not known to  me at all. 

Agreed, I don't understand this stereotyping as it pertains to tourists here in Pattaya. In my section of the gay beach the Germans, French, Russians, all nationalities get along. There are only occasional incursions by straights. The gay Russians appear to be in the under 40 age group and are a welcome addition for the eyes in that the Thai boys have just about deserted the beach.

Guest Tball73

I have to admit that my experiences are by no means representative, its a sample of one :) however it is discriminatory to make a sweeping statement that all Russian and mainland Chinese tourists are rude. That would likely be untrue.

True stories:

I was next in line at a Starbucks with my indecisive Thai friend who was taking his usual long time to decide on a drink. A Russian couple literally shoved him aside and started to order. All this while the customer before us was still paying.

At nearly midnight in the hotel, while my Thai friend and I were enjoying hugging on the balcony and playing at being romantic, the voices of our Chinese neigbours could be heard 9 storeys up, as they chattered and laughed on the way back to their rooms.

I believe some of it can possibly be attributed to cultural differences, but consideration for others is clearly lacking in my few encounters.

P.S. I did also enjoy the view of several younger Russian boys on the beach :)

Not defending rude behavior in line at Starbucks  but I'd consider inconsiderate if somebody in front of me would be taking time to pick up merchandize while in front of me, may be I'm just impatient ?

Not surprised by Chinese night noises. Once in China our long distance bus broke and all passengers were herded to the local school' gym  to overnight while waiting for replacement to arrive - did not manage to close eyes whole night because constant loud conversation across the hall, when we tried to ask them to quiet down clearly they did not have an idea what the fuss is all about.

So as you said we chalked it off to  cultural difference.

My personal stereotype - tourists  travelling from place to place are much nicer and considerate than those who settle for a week or two in just one place