Guest chicolby

Question from a soon-to-be newby

Money Boy or Standard courting  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If you've been to BKK before, do you prefer to just offer money boys for fun, or prefer finding locals who are looking for real romance?

• Money boys - it's easier to negotiate and cut to the chase
    • Locals (not money boys) - the sex is less of a transaction and includes real feelings

Guest chicolby

Sorry for the question as I'm sure it's either been discussed or people just know, but I'm planning a trip to BKK and possibly Pattaya in Feb or Mar.

Never been before and from the stories I've read here, it sounds like I need to get there ASAP. 

Anyway, I've been spending a little time on Romeo to get a lay of the land. It seems like many on here talk about offs and paying boys for short time and long time.

Just curious from your experience which you prefer and why. 

I'm a regular 40 year old white guy, I'd say relatively decent looking and normally wouldn't consider paying, but if paying is the best way to go, I'm not opposed to it.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Guest buckbee

Hi welcome to the forum. I prefer to meet Thai guys on the street and through everyday contacts as in general they are more genuine BUT either way you will have to pay being the falaung. Even if they are a regular guy and not a money boy who you have meet around the place and you have sex they will expect something

While love from the first sight happens in real life it never happened to me in Thailand, possibly because I was never there long enough. 

I don't like to waste time on vacations, saunas, discos  and bars are not my scene so resorted to paid company. Since variety is spice of life I usually butteflied / i.e. each time picked up different boy from different place  /. Recently got more sentimental and started to meet the same boys more than once as no butterfly reinforcement pill is available locally.

Chase may be quite pleasant but also time consuming and costly with all those diners , shows, shopping trips etc, but not trying to discourage you at all- some had better luck.

Don't plan too much , just show up here , have your eyes open and see what happens . And bring money  either for off fees or those trinkets you may wish to treat you newly found love with.

And do not be discouraged by some stories about greedy boys, my experience is  most of them are happy with  what we have for them and at least me personally very rarely I met boys with list of demands.

Whatever way you will choose remember they are real  people with real feelings, hopefully you will find somebody with those for you. Just try to have fun and make sure your boys have fun with you too.

I have my doubts about quality  of real feelings from GayRomeo boys , even those who are there for fun , not money but firecat69 from this forum is expert on the subject so wait for his input.   

hello,

welcome to the wonderful world of BKK

you wrote,

If you've been to BKK before, do you prefer to just offer money boys for fun, or prefer finding locals who are looking for real romance?

Money boys - it's easier to negotiate and cut to the chase

Locals (not money boys) - the sex is less of a transaction and includes real feelings

I had the same exact questions/issues in my head before I came to Thailand.

I voted for option 1 - money boys. why? because its your first vacation to BKK and the hunt for the go-go and massage boys is VERY exciting - especially in the context of the specific venues in which you do the hunting. It is a very unique and stimulating experience and can only be done in those places. So, to get the maximum out of your vacation - go for the money boys.

Forget about the locals and real romance and Gay Romeo - those are all things you can do back in your home country and are not unique to BKK. Go for what makes BKK unique and special.

Have fun and we look forward to your trip reports posted here.

Lot of the answers to your questions revolve around your lifestyle.  Do you sleep late and party all night. Are you up during the day. Do you like massages  frequently, seldom or never?

Your description of yourself is not enough to answer about possibility of free sex.   What is your home country and do you regularly have 18-25 year  olds interested in you for hook ups. Your statement about never considered paying for it is open to interpretation.  Is that because you hook up with men of similar age or are you able to attract young ones. What kind of boys in Thailand will you be most attracted to as far as age , body style, mannerisms etc.

Also what will be the length of your stay and in each city how long.

There are members with a wealth of information here but we need more details to give you the best answers.

Excellent points from firecat.

If you like saunas then no money involved. At 40, you will find older farangs hitting on you, some as old as grandpa.

If same age men are your thing, not many money boys still in the game at 40.

First time a learning experience and everyone makes mistakes.

Many of us keep repeating the same mistakes and most of us have few regrets and keep coming back for more.

Most dangerous is the broken heart syndrome.

Guest abang1961

The first visit is always the most adventurous one.

Thailand is a land of plenty of cute young boys - commercial sex is so rampant, so in your face.

As a 52 year old Chinese-Singaporean, I dare to say, I have not seen a single relationship/union  between a foreigner and a Thai that is NOT a financial arrangement.  So, dont get me wrong - I am not discriminating the Thais here.  I am merely stating a fact that you (as a first timer) should NOT put high hopes of getting laid through romantic encounters.

Perhaps it is unfortunate for the Thai moneyboys, I am NOT interested in them.   I am "drum-roll" more interested in knowing fellow foreigners (Gay white man) instead.  Perhaps opposite attracts...

So before you fly into Thailand, plan a daily budget about USD 200 for entertainment - I know it is excessive but hey, it is what you may have to fork out if you "massage, off-boys, tipping" throughout the days there.

One more thing for NEWBIES, add 5 years to the age of the boys... A 20-year old Asian looks 15 and those of us who stay lean after 30, cant really tell the difference....

So enjoy your trip...

Hey there newbie!!!

In my honest opinion.. i don't think free sex with a Thai exists at all... you will be spending your money on him, in any forms..

As for me, going to massages and gogo is a lot more fun, there are duds here and there, but it is something worth exploring...

And believe me, Bangkok has this kind of spell on you... you will be coming back for more!!!

To the OP, if you don't want to spend money on sex, best to stay home and look for love there. Why bother spending big money to fly to Thailand to look for free sex? 

Interesting how jaded we have all become about money boys.  There is in fact free sex available and depends on your looks.. Babylon is not my cup of the but I have had friends in their 30's and good shape go there and have a blast all for free.  

I have also had friends hook up in Siam Paragon with boys who had more money then they did (or at least their families did) hehe.  No money expected and in fact Thai's paid for most things. So it can happen. It's not going to happen to me because I am in my 60's and heavy so paid encounters are the easiest way to go.

I have even had friends in their 40's with style meet boys in the Major Malls and bring them home.  Maybe taxi fare was given but no more.

Sure it is much more likely to happen in Bangkok then Pattaya and there are no guarantees where as you know you can buy company at many different venues.

For the first timer I agree be prepared to pay but if you are somewhat good looking and dress well be aware of chances to meet non money boys.  It happens and if it does not then your wallet will get you anything you desire.

Guest chicolby

A couple answers to questions.

a) I am planning to visit BKK for 4 - 5 days and likely a beach city - considering Phuket or Pattaya (is that near beach?)

b) I usually get younger Asian guys here in NYC. I'm not saying I can pull them always, but it's not out of the question to get a 19 - 21 year old without money expectations. Of course, I pick up dinners, etc., but there isn't an explicit pay for play arrangement.

c) I'm not at all opposed to paying for pleasure in BKK. I simply posed a question as to what is possible and what is preferred. 

d) I LOVE massage. Visit spas here too often - which do cost money, so I guess I do pay for some sex here, now that I think of it. I usually get a massage about once a week. In Thailand, I could imagine receiving more frequently.

e) I'm certainly not a model out of a magazine, but I do consider myself relatively good looking, dress well, outgoing, etc. 

I think there would be some thrill in doing both the money boy scene as well as to test my ability to get someone to like me for me. This isn't about being cheap, as much as it is about seeing if I can pull young ass without a simple off.

Finally, when asking about the type of guy I go for - I really like young, skinny, twink type. I know many like the muscular manly type, but for me, I like young, cute, thin and smooth.

Thanks all for your insights! 

First if Sex is one of your main reasons then forget Phuket and go to Pattaya.  The Bars are loaded with your type.  The beaches are nowhere near as nice and if you were spending more time , I would say add Phuket and Pattaya. Pattaya is just 2 hours or less from Bangkok by Car vs need to get to airport 90 minutes before flight and then taking hour flight and then at least an hour into Phuket and then the revrese on your return. Lot of dead time spent on a short trip where the focus is Sex.

You will love Bangkok for massages and there are many recent posts by members outlining the Massage Spas available.

In BKK you can try your luck at Babylon Sauna  and smile a lot when you are out walking especially in the Malls. You never know what will happen.  Same thing on Soi 4 in Bangkok you may get a free pick up.  But in Thailand if you don't find a willing partnet then do not hesitate to go to the GoGo Bars , Discos and Massage parlors where you will find many willing partners.

Pattaya is a city built on Sex and the mentality is to pay for it.  I would not anticipate free hook ups to be as possible there as Bangkok.

Feel free to post a profile on GayRomeo with location both Bangkok and Pattaya.  Put more then 1 photo and state no moneyboys if that is your wish. In Bangkok you may find boys attracted to you. Keep in mind Bangkok is a big city and it is important to know where you are staying so the Boy will know how far he has to come.

This is not as important in Pattaya where you are probaly never more then 15 minutes from the boy.  Harder to find a free hook up in Pattaya then Bangkok and may not be worth the effort on a short visit.

Keep the questions coming!

Guest chicolby

Thanks so much for the thoughtful responses. While sex is probably a high priority, I hope to take in the culture as well. Just nice knowing that the sex is always an option. I've determined that I should stay in the Silom area but I haven't picked a hotel yet.

I'm not looking to pay a fortune for a hotel, but also don't want to cut corners as I really like a nice clean hotel with good amenities. I've been looking at the Sofitel, but open to your suggestions. 

Also, I'm curious to hear how the farangs get along there. While the sex sounds exciting with the Asian boys, I'd like to hit it off with a couple white guys who are like-minded for a beer or share a dinner/experiences with. 

I'm not looking to have sex with a farang, of course, but I think it could make the non-sex time more enjoyable. 

Lastly, on the topic of farangs, does it seem competitive with the others there? For example, if you're at a bar or sauna, are the farangs competing against one another for the best Thai boys or do the farangs tend to get along there?

Thanks again! 

I'm sure I have many more questions, but this will do it for now.

If priced similar I would go for Crowne Plaza.  Closer to the Bars and the Skytrain.

No competition but he who hesitates is lost. If you see a boy you like invite him for a drink and at least he can't be taken out from under you while you are thinking about it.

The drink and 100 baht if you don't decide to take him as long as you have had him with you a very short time.

. While sex is probably a high priority, I hope to take in the culture as well. Just nice knowing that the sex is always an option. I've determined that I should stay in the Silom area but I haven't picked a hotel yet.

As for culture in Pattaya it is all about Sex and Sleeze, at least for a short time visitor.

free hookups are definitely possible like explained in excellent firecat's post but if your time there is short you are taking chances that hunt may take too much of your vacation time. You may enjoy it anyways , it depends on personality but you don't want to frustrate yourself completely if not successful so keep moneyboy option open.

If you love massages than you are heading to  paradise IMHO,  options in Bangkok are better and much more numerous  but if you in Pattaya few days there's quite a few places you may enjoy as well, forget about culture in Pattaya  not just  because of sleaze and sex but it's  like  beach resort everywhere. Treat yourself as prices in Thailand are much more friendly than your domestic ones. And you have option of extras 

You are not tasting Argentinian culture in Mar del Plata  but you go to Buenos aires, if American culture is what you are looking for, New York is your place , not Atlanic City, you know what I mean. For culture stay in Bangkok .

River taxi to the Grand Palace is a must, go there early as place is extremely crowded.

Visit snake farm - is right across the street from soi Twilight, itself place of lots of friendly snakes in boys undies but this is separate subject.

Staying in Silom option  is well chosen as you are close to gay action and almost all of that is walk distance.

No shortage of decent hotels there.

BTS and  MRT actually intersect at Silom across from Lumpini Park. Shopping is better in Sukhumvit area but you are not on this forum because of shopping, right 

from the cold to bangkok I find I can only stay maximum 2-3 days there

before the lure of the warm sun and beach towns.

the add the cheaper costs at night in Pattaya with less traffic...

make certain you have plenty of vacation time to adjust (jet lag, etc.) and have fun.

my first trip there was three weeks and crying at the end because I

didn't want to leave. 

I like a day or two to decompress when you do come back home before returning to work.

expect to want to return soon as possible.

It's a question of convenience, space and time.

In bars, you should be able to find a boy you like within short time and take him home.

If you are looking for non-paid encounters, you can spend hours searching gayromeo, spending time in shopping malls (I have never met a boy in a shopping mall, I know this only from others' tales), discos, saunas, and still go home alone.

I live in Bkk and have about 50% encounters for free and 50% paid (but not from Soi Twilight - far too expensive).

But if you are good looking and in shape, you should try your luck. With outrageouse prices in tourist areas, it is worth looking for non-paid encounters.

I wouldn't say "locals who are looking for real romance", I would say "looking for sex".

You are happy to pay over 4000 baht a night for a hotel, when a perfectly good room could be had for below 2000.

A cheaper room frees up over 2000 to pay for sex with the cute boy of your choice, at the time of your choice.

When in Rome....

You are happy to pay over 4000 baht a night for a hotel, when a perfectly good room could be had for below 2000.

A cheaper room frees up over 2000 to pay for sex with the cute boy of your choice, at the time of your choice.

When in Rome....

Tarntawan would be good option, gay friendly with breakfast for boy  of the night  provided, no pool though.

Om Yim at 1100 will free another 1000 to cover drink and off fee at Dreamboys.

But I guess we all like to splurge on different things, may be to maintain our lifestyles or to feel pampered on vacations.

Who? The highest I ever paid was 1200 Baht per night, that was four years ago. Now I know better, haven't spent more than 800 per night in Bangkok, and regularly stay for 600 Baht per night in Pattaya.