vinapu

Off to Thailand again - December 2014 trip

However its only 9pm and you dont want him with you for the next few hours 

in such a case I'd secure boy  by paying off fee up front and telling mamasan time I will pick him up. This is what I did at BoyZBoyZBoyz on both occasions last trip. In meantime managed to visit few bars without boy and corresponding drink in tow.

Guest LoveThailand

"I bought him a drink and he asked to be offed. I told him I am not ready since the night is young and I want to go to other places - told him just maybe later."

I stopped using the word "maybe" in Thailand to avoid misunderstanding. I either say "yes" or "no". I found the Thai guys disliked the word IMO and would rather be told definitively. Then if the potential for another off comes along, they know where things stand. They can sometimes be stubborn about what they may regard as a promise. So trying to understand their point of view, I tell them directly.  It seems to work better.

I guess I am reluctant to reject a guy in a direct way. But thanks for your advice - better be direct than misunderstood.

Mai dai, which means 'cannot' is much better than "no". It saves 'face'.

In farang to farang conversations, 'maybe' means no, but is more polite.

With a little knowledge of Thai, one can also say, mai mee tang or no have money.

Nobody believes it but it can save face rather than a flat No.

Don't worry about correct tones, boys will understand .

There's a word for 'ugly' in Thai, but much more polite to say 'not pretty'. Also 'stupid' less polite than 'not smart'.

Unbeknownst to some farangs, Thai boys plague other Thai boys for money all the time. Boys with farang patrons,

gold, latest iPhone are perceived as rich. They have to tell the other boys that they don't have money and cannot.

Otherwise, they would be stripped clean as soon as word got out that they were an easy touch. The Thai girls and

ladyboys badger the Thai boyfriends for money, and close the honey jar until the baht flows.

Of course, a generalization

that is most appropriate for Pattaya based Thais and not meant to encompass the whole nation.

Farangs tend to think only farangs are 'walking ATMs', but it's based solely on who has the money.

are we any better?

Just this week talked to friend who sold her mortgage free big house and was lucky to get much better price than listed. Downsized  to small apartment so obviously has excess  money and ever since according to her  is constantly harassed  by family and friends to lend  them some money for this or that. And we are talking quite well off people in well off country so why Pattaya Thais should be different?

I fully agree with last sentence above ' based solely on who has a money' or perceived as such.

Downsized  to small apartment so obviously has excess  money and ever since according to her  is constantly harassed  by family and friends to lend  them some money for this or that. And we are talking quite well off people in well off country so why Pattaya Thais should be different?

I've never been asked by friends or family for loans & am not aware of any of my friends or family getting such approaches either.

If I were in her position, anyone harassing me for a loan would be considered as not really a true friend.

I've never been asked by friends or family for loans & am not aware of any of my friends or family getting such approaches either.

If I were in her position, anyone harassing me for a loan would be considered as not really a true friend.

Cultural difference and access to approachable and reliable banking system may be credited for the fact.

I'd not be so radical in crossing friends off.

When my parents were throwing a function and were short of chairs they borrow them from neighbors, who did the same in their hour of need.

Me,  being from different generation and living in different society,  in the same situation   borrow them from my condo's party room, partly  because I can.

There are farang con men who survive in Thailand by 'borrowing' money from other farangs.

Some are just petty con men and stuff your 'bin' with their bar tabs when you spend a penny or are distracted.

Some invite you to expensive restaurants where they offer to pay with a credit card, when they know credit cards aren't

accepted. Then they have no cash and the sucker farang pays the whole bill. As it's difficult to ask to be repaid by

many, the con man gets away with it.

When the con man finds a really naive sucker, he goes for the bigger money.

The con man spins a tale of a) he's waiting for the closing check from his condo, house, business and needs a loan

for a short time. b) he needs an operation and has no insurance. He's waiting for family members but that takes time.

He's desparate for short time loan. c) he's in trouble and will go to jail for years unless he can pay off police.

d) his pension check is delayed and he will be evicted. e) his boyfriend will be killed by loan sharks unless he comes

up with the baht and he's temporarily short of funds.

The list goes on and on and miraculously, your money will save him and he's swears he's honest, wealthy, whatever

it takes to loosen your purse strings.

Gullible lonely farangs want to help their new friend but after the money is 'loaned', the con man moves on to the

next sucker, unless he's hooked a really gullible farang, who's good for further fleecing.

Shakespeare nailed it with "neither a borrower nor a lender be".

d) his pension check is delayed and he will be evicted. 

Not only in Thailand, I met that one in 2001 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and remember this very well for simple reason :

on top of the above he said that girl who he was with stole his money and my answer was 'if you like boys like me you'd not be in such trouble ', this was first time I publicly and loudly stated my preference, that's why .

Of course I did not give him single riel / Cambodian money/, not to mention dollar  .

@Jack: its unwise to just post a different Q under another topic.

In BKK its very much the same as elsewhere for local Thai. The tipical farang-aiming MBs are out nightly and do not have off-days (think DJ). Read the blog of christianpfc.blogspot.nl for many visits to out of the way local Thai places in the last years. Expect deafening music, Thai in groups doing ''table dance'' and closing at 2.00-earlier if the police decides to do yet another aid for getting boys to pee. Not much amusement for those >30 and single.

You can find various glorious reports of older people telling/trying to convince us its sooooo funny-they all went in tow with the BF of the day and were paying for all the dri/unks (think Johnny black+mixers).

This is for BKK-Pattaya may be another story.

Glad you found out about good dental care.  I am almost embarrassed sometimes when I pay a bill, it is so small compared to the USA.

Only thing that is not cheaper are implants .  I have had a great dentist in Pattaya for the last 12 years and a good back up in Bangkok on Saladaeng   (Silom Smile)

this is exactly one I used 

A minor correction here, vinapu: the dentist both of your are referring to is called "Dr. Smile" and they actually have 2 locationsw - one right on Silom Road between Patpont 1 and 2 (where you went according to your report) and one on Soi Saladaeng (about 100m into the soi on the left hand side) which is I think the one firecat was referring to since he mentioned Saladaeng. 

As for medical procedures in Thailand, I recently found that getting rid of things on your skin by laser is also super efficient, fast, painless and CHEAP. I had a very small but annoying little bump on my throat which would start bleeding easily if I wasn't careful enough to avoid it while shaving. Went to THANYIA MEDICAL CLINIC on the 4th floor of Thanya Plaza (the smallish shopping mall mostly featuring golf shops on Thanya Road, which connects the top of Surawong with Silom). This is a proper medical facility, not like all those ubiquitous "skin clinics" all over Bangkok, that are of course professional, too, but not medical (I asked but they couldn't do what I wanted).

It was done super professionally by a real doctor speaking superb English. No pain whatsoever during and after the procedure, except for the mini sting from injecting a minuscule amount of anesthetic before starting the laser. The cost only 1200 Baht. I went back soon after to have a new super tiny skin outgrowth again on my throat removed, and given the smallness he even reduced the price for me to only 800. 

Back to topic: I have a question to vinapu: you explained upon being asked in this thread that you don't (and can't lol, same here hehe) get off several times a day and that you simply enjoy massages so much. My question, then, is why don't you go to the "normal" or mixed massage places around Silom more? You get the same massage, typically even cheaper than the gay places that are about sex, no need for big tips though  if you are so inclined can easily get a HJ, too (500 for that will do). Masseur will be clothed, of course, so maybe it is groping the nude masseur which is your incentive for the much greater expense?

And lastly, thanks for the super detailed reports and interesting insights!

a brand new and rather interesting and different massage place has opened about a month a go on Ratchada Soi 3, next to R3 Sauna, specializing in "sexual health .with prostate, testicles and tantric massage". This is interesting, as for some reason male massage places are not offering these services. There is a straight girl massage place in Sukhumvit 22 specializing in prostate massage, one in Silom Soi 6 (named Ben Ten) spezializing in testicles massage, and one more or less gay palce (Spa Bankgok) doing tantric massage.

Might try this one today.

For info see 

http://www.travelgayasia.com/venue/dr-bear-massage/

http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-bangkok/dr-bear-massage-rachada-soi-3/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Bear/929208470422964

post-11689-0-13879300-1423383880_thumb.jpg

post-11689-0-74875000-1423383835_thumb.png

Guest LoveThailand

Even thought the question is for Vinapu - I do same. Even when I had sex, say, in the morning, and am not in the mood/cannot get off again around noon, I will sometimes get a massage nonetheles - and at a gay massage place. Under such circumstances for me the sensuality of a naked masseur, the body contact, playing with his wares and eventually getting HIM of is very pleassuarable.

Than you for posting information about a new massage place. Will be interesting to read about first hand exoeriences. Thei prices for Organ massage seem to be rather high.

why don't you go to the "normal" or mixed massage places around Silom more? You get the same massage, typically even cheaper than the gay places that are about sex, no need for big tips though  if you are so inclined can easily get a HJ, too (500 for that will do). Masseur will be clothed, of course, so maybe it is groping the nude masseur which is your incentive for the much greater expense?

That's exactly what I do.  When I want a massage, I go somewhere where a massage is included in the service & very rarely go to the dedicated gay massage places.  Of course, even in the mixed massage places, the masseur can often be persuaded to partially or fully undress.

When I want sex, that's normally in the hotel.

As for Dr Bear and the other tantric massage places suggested, if anyone tries them, please advise us if they are any good or not.

I see, that's interesting LoveThailand. Kinda expensive too when you're not intending to get off. But each has his own tastes and likes ;-) I guess I'm more in z909's camp then. In fact I kinda like the suspense, if you want to call it that, of what is going to happen at a regular massage place. At the dedicated ones with the minimum tips it is clear what will happen. At the other places it is not. While more often than not, when you show an interest by sporting a nice erection, they will either ask if you want "special" or just go and do it without asking (which I prefer), sometimes they do not. It is the sense of doing a naughty and forbidden thing by getting an erection that in fact tunrs me on most in this situation. Even if is obviously only imagined that it's "forbidden",  it's all about fantasy anyway, right hehe?

Anyway, just back from Dr. Bear. Small but nice and modern place. Somewhat basic, yet I like the modern minimalist design they have. It looks cool, yet the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The captain is the fellow pictured on their facebook page, very nice guy, welcoming and a warm smile. They have only 5 massage cubicles separated by curtains, but that's fine.

To order your massage you get an order form including the price table posted on the previous page where you cicle your desired treatment. That way you can create your own individual massage course. That is followed by a list of frangrances to choose from for the massage oil (again, just cirlce) and a 5-fold choice of massage pressure: super soft / soft / medium/ strong / super strong. Then 2 images of the human body, front and back, to indicate areas nedding special attention, great idea.

I chose a 30 min scrub, followed by 45 minute oil massage (strong), followed by 30 minute Organ II.

Really liked the experience. The oil massage was really good, the bulk of the relatively short time of 45 minutes was used on my back, which was either a result of the short time available or my indication of an area on my upper back needing extra attention. Either way, that area did get the attention I had sought. 

As for the Organ massage, 600 for 30 minutes  may seem expensive, but is not even close to a HJ which lasts for just a few minutes and costs 500. Very skilled massaging of balls and penis and area around it. 30 minutes of that is actually quite a long time, but thotoughly enjoyable, needles to say. Good thing I wasn't that horny today, or else I would have cum pretty early on. Instead, today I didn't even cum at all and wasn't even 100% hard the whole time, allowing me to to enjoy the organ assage for what it was, therapeutic more than sexual. 

As for prices, as I went in the afternoon, the still had their happy hour going (I think until 6pm) which means a 30% discount. So instead of 1290 for my selected 3 treatments (even that is cheap for a total of 1:45h!) I paid only 900. Tipped the masseur 200. 

Will go back for sure.

A minor correction here, vinapu: the dentist both of your are referring to is called "Dr. Smile" and they actually have 2 locationsw - one right on Silom Road between Patpont 1 and 2 (where you went according to your report) and one on Soi Saladaeng (about 100m into the soi on the left hand side) which is I think the one firecat was referring to since he mentioned Saladaeng. 

Back to topic: I have a question to vinapu: you explained upon being asked in this thread that you don't (and can't lol, same here hehe) get off several times a day and that you simply enjoy massages so much. My question, then, is why don't you go to the "normal" or mixed massage places around Silom more? You get the same massage, typically even cheaper than the gay places that are about sex, no need for big tips though  if you are so inclined can easily get a HJ, too (500 for that will do). Masseur will be clothed, of course, so maybe it is groping the nude masseur which is your incentive for the much greater expense?

Yes , I used one between Patpongs and good to know that there's another one nearby. Next time I have dental problem I use it as excuse to jump on the plane to BKK. 

As side note, one of dentists at Silom location is real hunk who would not be out of place on the Tawan's scene, he probably is able to extract  the teeth by hand.

As for your question ,  Love Thailand wrapped it nicely. I go not only for the massage but whole theater around it : will he be naked, when he undresses, who will touch whom THERE first ? and so on. After massage and the rest  I like a bit of quiet time of body contact and feeling each other, it's why I go for 1.5 hr session so nothing is too rushed.

Gladly pay  more for the privilege in comparison to standard places where it's more lottery like, one may get full service but also fully dressed boy who would not let you to tough him at all. / theory for me but know from others it  happens/.

Fact is that some boys even in gay places will not let you to tough them until massage is over, fine with me.  

I'm low maintenance guy and those moments are times of my indulgences.

As for expense I still think massage is better value for money than offing go-go boy, I tip the same but cost of massage is usually less than drinks for me , boy and off fee.