Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
A much-needed feel good story
Also true in very prosperous and developed countries!
-
Visa differences impede progress towards a Schengen-style south east Asia
They do have a lot to dig, and/or pump, but their pollution issues are very serious
-
New worldwide income tax proposed for residents in Thailand
As I mentioned earlier, I have a friend in Bangkok, who was a tax lawyer in NY. He says that the double taxation treaties should kick in. He personally has a 'wealthy foreigner ' visa, which means he is not subject to these proposals. He says it's much cheaper than the elite visa.
-
Indicators of success
Distance is interesting. I have a friend, 70, who lives in Cologne. His partner lives in Holland. They have been together 36 years, so it seems to work for them. They meet regular, holiday together regularly, etc. Works for some people.
-
Visa differences impede progress towards a Schengen-style south east Asia
Why?
-
Exploring Bangkok’s Old City and Yaowarat is super easy with MRT Blue Line
Interesting!
-
World’s most liveable cities
That seems an excellent reason for disregarding these type of surveys.
-
Secret deal or political intrigue?
Even for Thailand this seems a bit of a farce!
-
Cambodia Digital Entry card to be introduced from July 1
More complications!
-
Secret deal or political intrigue?
Watch this space!
-
World’s most liveable cities
Well, I certainly like visiting Sydney, though living there might be different. Vienna, no thanks, Conservative society, right wing government. Would consider Berlin, interesting, gay friendly, reasonably cheap. Auckland mat be nice, but a bit dull and remote. Odaka!! Weird choice. Concrete jungle. Well, each to his own. Bangkok, anyone?
-
Luang Prabang recommendations
Thanks. I use some of the Siam Roafs guys, and observe the 'no sex' stipulation, though some are attractive!
-
Luang Prabang recommendations
Siam Roads guy?
-
Foreigners to be allowed to own 75% of units in condominium projects
Same issue all over the world. Locals get priced out. In UK we are now seeing large developments where all units are only for rent.
-
Secret deal or political intrigue?
Seems quite clear that something is going on, as the report quite clearly states that misconduct etc, went on, and then recommended reinstatement! Typical Thailand.
-
Bangkok Trip Report June 2024
Sounds very decorous!
-
Hotel breakfasts
I agree, but I have had the blinds jam!
-
Hotel breakfasts
Sorry for icon read aircon!
-
Hotel breakfasts
Thanks. I like the idea of hitech windows, if they work! I find the icon at the Meridien to be a bit patchy, I like a cold room, and I've had to have maintenance several times. I had to change rooms on one occasion. Aircon in the Club Lounge was also an issue, with the picture windows, and high ceiling. Michael said that would be sorted during the renovation that was going on when I was last there. We shall see!
-
Hotel breakfasts
Yes, been there, done that, but I don't like noise from Surawong! Especially if there is a holiday, it can be noisy. And of course, as a religious guy, I benefit from the view over the temple complex! 😛 So, I'm afraid I always ask for a 24! Rather dull, I know...
-
Hotel breakfasts
Is that where the carpark used to be? That was always a great waste of space. Does that make the hotel nearer the flyover? They said they would retain the spire,etc, I'm glad they did. The problem with the bar, however, was it was sparsely attended. They changed the name several times!
-
Bangkok Trip Report June 2024
Only singing, nothing else?
-
Hotel breakfasts
That would have been good, but, as luck would have it, I am there in November and January! Yes, Michael is a good guy. He remembers I don't like much ice with my gin and tonic! I book a suite, and twice have had room 2424, pleasing for several reasons!
-
Pride 2024 Pattaya (2 parades)
Indeed, I cant see General Prayut attending!
-
New massage shop opens on Soi 6
Thanks for the report.