Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Argentina Devalues the Peso by 54%
Ok!
-
Should I Feel Threatened?
I have need to Gaddi's, again with clients. There were/are some really good restaurants in HK. I had a client who took me to a pigeon restaurant, somewhere near Sha Tin, and he brought with him bottles of Grange Hermitage, as it was known then, and a 30 year old Armagnac! He also brought his own Crystal glasses! Shame he ended up in prison.....
-
Offing a guy from bar (but not for sex)
Thanks, good to know. I think we like the same type of guy. Used to say swimmer body, but swimmers now are very muscled. Say diver body, like a younger Tom Daley!
-
Argentina Devalues the Peso by 54%
You are getting around! I assume there are rare stamps in Argentina? Are you back in Bangkok soon? I am due there on 2nd January, on way to Cambodia.
-
Pad Krapao makes it mark
The article is typical of surface journalism, unchecked, unedited, now all too common.
-
Should I Feel Threatened?
Don't forget Lafite! Or Mouton Rothschild. I was treated to Lafite by a client in Paris! You are right about Italian meals. We once had a meal in a charming hilltop family restaurant, overlooking Vicenza. Beautiful day and lovely meal. We had a bottle of red , which was bottled by the restaurant. Tasted fabulous. Took a bottle home. In rainy Hertfordshire it tasted terrible!
-
Offing a guy from bar (but not for sex)
I remember the stairs! How about the boys? I like younger slimmer types.
-
Is the gay scene dying off ?
Ok will do review when I get to Singapore!
-
Nice Boys going upscale
1,000 baht is hardly a lot!
-
My First Time in Bangkok - November 2023 Trip Report
Easily bought online. Also available from Dean St clinic on NHS.
-
Is the gay scene dying off ?
Thanks. I am hoping to be in Singapore in June!
-
Should we be ashamed to meeting younger men ?
Beating in mind the recent stories about Abbotts abusing younger monks, I hope the 'counselling' was above board!
-
Offing a guy from bar (but not for sex)
Glad to hear reference to Senso. I used to go there some time ago. What is it like now?
-
Dangerous pollution levels Bangkok
Indeed, there is rarely a year without this, schools closed etc. Strangely, the Government doesn't do much about it! (Use of irony!)
-
Finland Closes 4 Russian Border Crossings
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing!
-
Rybelsus Update in Brazil
I take a blood thinner, Apixaban. I read that this is one of the drugs for which the Biden administration is trying to cut down the price. It's a very standard drug. I get it free in the UK. I asked my pharmacist how much it would cost in the UK, if I had to pay. It was around 10 times more expensive in the USA. Scandalous. And, inevitably, the Republicans are opposing any price reductions!
-
Jomtien Beach undergoes major makeover
Who writes this stuff nowadays, the City Council PR department?
-
Sobering-Up Areas to Prevent Drunk Driving Amid 4AM Bar Closings
Another wonderfully mad and impractical regulation. Just imagine try to breathalyze a few hundred partying guys leaving a disco! Let alone contacting their friends etc, and confining them in some form of pen! I mean, who thinks these things up?
-
A new era dawns for Thailand’s universal healthcare scheme
OK! Let's hope.
-
Bangkok pub closed for 5 years after 120 patrons failed drug tests
I forgive you!
-
A new era dawns for Thailand’s universal healthcare scheme
I see the idea. However will the government really reimburse hospitals for free treatment of 60m plus people? The cost would be eye watering. Plus, I imagine that the medical system would not have enough facilities.
-
Taiwan man's unusually large 'package' proves his undoing
Hopefully not gay otters!
-
Bangkok pub closed for 5 years after 120 patrons failed drug tests
Depends on the brown enveloped I suppose. Pretty odd that the awful Anutin, now Interior Minister, 'happened ' to be there. Sounds like a set up.
-
A new era dawns for Thailand’s universal healthcare scheme
This seems too good to be true?
-
Minimum wage to be hiked by around 2.4% from January 1
This just shows the low level of income in Thailand . No surprise. For Bangkok, the new rate is around £8.50 a day! This puts into perspective the discussions on here about bar prices etc. in my view we are still getting a bargain, and we shouldn't begrudge the money we pay for drinks, and boys!