September 28Sep 28 Author 2 hours ago, ichigo said:If my current flight falls through, I may have to, but as vinapu said, they are a bit more expensive and the flight times on the day I am travelling aren't great (either early morning or night time). There are also choices from Thai Vietjet and AirAsia as a backup.Dont forget that Air Asia may go into Bankruptcy very shortly! Then ticket will be cheap, and worthless!
September 30Sep 30 Author Short comment about departure today. Temporary priority lane working, actually said First Class and Business Class, plus oldies like me. No line, straight through, whiz through electronic gates, no issues. Departure board looked ok, ie no list of cancelled or delayed flights. British Airways flight said to be on time, so good so far.
September 30Sep 30 39 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:Short comment about departure today. Temporary priority lane working, actually said First Class and Business Class, plus oldies like me. No line, straight through, whiz through electronic gates, no issues. Departure board looked ok, ie no list of cancelled or delayed flights. British Airways flight said to be on time, so good so far.have a nice trip home
September 30Sep 30 Author 3 minutes ago, vinapu said:have a nice trip homeThanks!On 9/28/2026 at 6:15 AM, ichigo said:If my current flight falls through, I may have to, but as vinapu said, they are a bit more expensive and the flight times on the day I am travelling aren't great (either early morning or night time). There are also choices from Thai Vietjet and AirAsia as a backup.Dont forget that Air Asia are in serious financial trouble, with rumours of closure, etc!
October 1Oct 1 On 9/24/2026 at 1:16 AM, Keithambrose said:I like home comforts, also very bad weatherI get the home comforts, but why do you like bad weather..... is it a watersports fetish?
October 1Oct 1 Author 18 hours ago, vinapu said:have a nice trip homeFlight prompt, arrived early, first plane in at Gatwick! In car in 10 mins, then grind through M25!
October 1Oct 1 Author 3 hours ago, floridarob said:I get the home comforts, but why do you like bad weather..... is it a watersports fetish?It's a King Lear thing. "Blow winds, crack your cheeks".....
October 1Oct 1 1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:It's a King Lear thing. "Blow winds, crack your cheeks".....Who knew there was pomp in precipitation? Even the fool had the good sense to want to come in from the rain.Overall dreary, though.
October 1Oct 1 Author 2 hours ago, NormandyCoast said:Who knew there was pomp in precipitation? Even the fool had the good sense to want to come in from the rain.Overall dreary, though.Excellent picture!
Thursday at 02:13 PM5 days On 9/22/2026 at 2:49 AM, Londoner said:So the Priority Lane will remain open?Maybe, but my priority lane is elsewhere, and I use my own marshall-in wands.
Friday at 01:24 AM5 days 15 hours ago, Keithambrose said:Flight prompt, arrived early, first plane in at Gatwick! In car in 10 mins, then grind through M25!you left Bangkok , aaroninatl should be there in a day or two to replace you
Friday at 05:35 PM4 days 16 hours ago, vinapu said:everybody in wrong lane"Wrong"? It was good enough for Julius Caesar...
Friday at 07:33 PM4 days 1 hour ago, thaiophilus said:"Wrong"? It was good enough for Julius Caesar...Well didn’t he get punctured before taking another shot at a driving test, while Brutus claimed he was aiming for the tyres?
Friday at 07:37 PM4 days 18 hours ago, vinapu said:you left Bangkok , aaroninatl should be there in a day or two to replace youBKK unattended for 48-ish hours? Who approved the roster and is the gap not a serious failure of succession planning?
Friday at 07:43 PM4 days 18 hours ago, vinapu said:everybody in wrong laneYou always have to be right, don’tcha?
Friday at 08:00 PM4 days On 9/27/2026 at 10:06 PM, Keithambrose said:Then ticket will be cheap, and worthless!I’ve been called both, and worse, before … though rarely in the same sentence.😆😛
Saturday at 07:41 AM4 days Author 11 hours ago, NormandyCoast said:You always have to be right, don’tcha?And, they are not!
Saturday at 03:07 PM3 days On 9/21/2026 at 12:29 PM, mauRICE said:There is, I think, important information missing from the airport communications. You must have visited Thailand previously using your current passport. If you have a new passport, the e-gates apparently do not work because your biometric data is linked to your old passport and therefore needs to be re-entered for the new one.
Sunday at 07:22 AM3 days On 10/3/2026 at 12:35 AM, thaiophilus said:"Wrong"? It was good enough for Julius Caesar...Somebody told me he is dead already
Sunday at 07:24 AM3 days On 10/3/2026 at 2:37 AM, NormandyCoast said:BKK unattended for 48-ish hours? Who approved the roster and is the gap not a serious failure of succession planning?Julius Caesar did before he died
Sunday at 07:25 AM3 days On 10/3/2026 at 2:43 AM, NormandyCoast said:You always have to be right, don’tcha?Me? Why? I' m not short of self esteem. I can be wrong but need to add that everybody is entitled to my opinion.On the thread merit, yesterday I couldn't check how it works even if I 'd qualify because they opened additional regular lane exactly when I entered area and directed me there to be stamped in old fashioned way
Sunday at 12:38 PM3 days Today’s etymological discovery:Oppinion … where opportunity meets opinion, a portmanteau worthy of Oppenheimer, splitting word atoms and, with luck, sides.
Sunday at 01:01 PM3 days 5 hours ago, vinapu said:Julius Caesar did before he diedGratias tibi. I had not been beware but I assume he had it announced at the Roman Forum sometime before the Ides of March.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.