The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
From South China Morning Post NGOs striving to clear Cambodia’s minefields are giving opportunities to local men and women, including landmine survivors and female labourers Six years ago, Soy Kossal stepped on a landmine as he walked along a well-trodden path to his fields in Battambang province in northwestern Cambodia. The force blew off his right leg, leaving the 28-year-old part-time carpenter a cripple, with no immediate hope of being able to support his wife and family. His tale is all the more tragic because it was an occurrence so regular as to be almost unremarkable in Cambodia. “I was so depressed. I was ashamed and iso…
-
The NY Post this morning reports that a popular antivirus, Avast, sells your porn choices down to every detail. https://nypost.com/2020/01/28/popular-antivirus-tracked-users-porn-browsing-habits-report/
- 2 replies
- 961 views
-
BKK'ers be advised there are plans for a peaceful candlelight protest this evening outside the offices of Future Forward Party (Thai Summit Tower, 1768 New Phetchaburi Road), near the Phetchaburi MRT station/Makkasan ARL. Expect a police presence. Whether that's a reason to go there at that time or to avoid it, is up to you.
-
- 0 replies
- 766 views
-
-
I had not scummed to him charms until the X Factor last night. I never really understood what all the fuss was about. However, when I saw him sing last night, I was impressed. This kid has a great voice, amazing presence and staying power. I might need group therapy.
- 52 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
From South China Morning Post Amsterdam is looking at moving part of its red light district indoors to an “erotic” complex where prostitutes no longer beckon customers through street-front windows that often attract rowdy tourists. In plans released Wednesday, the Dutch city said the complex could include a bed and breakfast for prostitutes as well as a sex club, sex theatre and cafes. Or the city famous for its canals will build a large hotel for sex workers. “All in all, a prostitution hotel with indoor windows or an erotic centre is the most obvious choice,” the Amsterdam city council said in a statement. …
-
From South China Morning Post Bangkok shooting: gunman kills ex-wife, wounds one more at shopping centre in Thai capital A man killed his ex-wife and wounded another person at a shopping centre in Bangkok on Tuesday, police said, 10 days after mass shooting at another mall in Thailand’s northeast The gunman then fled the Century The Movie Plaza, near the Thai capital’s Victory Monument and is still on the run, Thai police said. “One person died and another was injured,” police Colonel Kissana Pattanacharoen said. Police said in a statement they knew the suspect’s identity and were working to apprehend him …
-
Papyrus Is Shutting All Its Stores I'm not 60 yet, so I don't think of myself as "old." With this child-like brain I'm stuck with, I doubt I will think of myself as old when I'm 70. However, with today's news that Papyrus is closing all of their greeting card and stationery stores because "consumers are switching to digital alternatives," I'm feeling really old and grumpy. Here is how I feel about digital greeting cards: I DON'T OPEN THEM. That goes true for invites, thank-you's, and holiday cards. I view the people who send this shit as CHEAP, LAZY, and without CLASS. Fine if you want to appear that way, just don't expect any kind of response from me. …
- 23 replies
- 2.9k views
-
When you make a living spreading lies and stoking hate, Karma can be a bitch. I wouldn't want to be Sean Hannity.
- 28 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
From Bangkok Post Commander and two others slain on base before attacker headed for mall in Humvee AKHON RATCHASIMA: At least 12 people were reported killed and an unknown number injured in a shooting spree by a soldier who sprayed bullets at a commander, fellow soldiers and civilians in Muang district on Saturday. The attacker first shot dead his commander and two others inside a military camp before fleeing in a stolen Humvee. He fired at civilians along the route to Terminal 21 shopping mall in Muang district, where he was believed to have taken hostages. The attacker streamed his activities in the mall on Facebook Live and took a selfie holding a r…
-
I have a business meeting in China next week. It is only a weekend and not in the province with the outbreak and no banned travel. It is an important meeting but should I just do like Nancy Reagan and say NO?
- 48 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
From South China Morning Post China reports outbreak of deadly bird flu among chickens in Hunan province, close to coronavirus epicentre of Wuhan Bird flu outbreak in Hunan province, which lies on the southern border of Hubei province, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak Bird flu is much deadlier than either Sars or the coronavirus, but as of yet no human cases have been reported in this outbreak China has reported an outbreak of the deadly H5N1 bird flu in Hunan province, which lies on the southern border of Hubei province, the epicentre of the rapidly spreading coronavirus. “The outbreak occurred in a farm…
-
Martina Navratilova and John McEnroe stage protest against homophobic Margaret Court at Australian Open https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/martina-navratilova-and-john-mcenroe-stage-protest-against-homophobic-margaret-court-at-australian-open/22721
-
- 1 reply
- 889 views
- 1 follower
-
-
From CNN ....in public ports I know the feeling: Your battery is low, but you have to keep tweeting. You see a USB port or an outlet in public, plug in your device and feel the sweet relief of your phone charging. That comfort could be shattered by an invisible attacker collecting information while your phone is plugged in to a hacked outlet. "Just by plugging your phone into a [compromised] power strip or charger, your device is now infected, and that compromises all your data," Drew Paik of security firm Authentic8 explained. Authentic8 makes Silo, a secure browser that anonymizes web activity. Public charging stations and wi-fi access points are…
-
The Washington Post today has an article on the Kansas City Chiefs and their fans. For the lead picture, they chose an enthusiastic fan who dressed in Indian headgear, colored his face, and went bare chested to the game, it seems. Should Indians be used as team names and team mascots? Should fans dress like Indians? More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/27/tomahawk-chop-kansas-city-chiefs/
-
- 0 replies
- 767 views
-
-
Gay Men Are Dying From a Crisis We’re Not Talking About
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
From Khaosod English Scholar Fears Massive Renovation of Iconic Avenue May Erase History BANGKOK — Works are underway to tear down buildings along a 1,200-meter stretch of the iconic Ratchadamnoen Avenue and rebuild them under a new architectural style per orders from the Crown Property Bureau, who owns the land. According to its website, the bureau – which manages assets and properties on behalf of His Majesty the King – pledged to renovate 10 buildings on the avenue in a “neoclassical” style, ditching the art deco look originally implemented in the spirit of a 1932 revolution that overthrew the absolute monarchy. The announcement, which promises to be…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
From Coconuts Bangkok The wai and its spoken counterpart sawasdee, a beautiful and gracious tradition widely associated with Thailand, is being celebrated today by tech giant Google for being “adopted” this day in 1943. “Known as the ‘Land of a Thousand Smiles,’ Thailand is world-renowned for its friendly people and gracious hospitality,” Google’s announcement reads. “Today, sawaddee can be heard across the country—from the idyllic beaches of the south, to the temples of the mountainous north, and everywhere in between—epitomizing the welcoming spirit of Thailand.” By “adopted,” Google of course means unilaterally imposed by fiat on the populace by then-dic…
-
From MSN A British backpacker is fighting for his life in a Thailand hospital after it is feared he contracted the deadly Chinese flu virus which has already infected more than 100 people. Ashley Shorley had to be taken to hospital by a specialised seaplane because the high altitude was too much for his lungs while he was visiting Koh Phi Phi island. The 32-year-old's symptoms appear to be consistent with the Chinese coronvirus which has officially been contracted by at least 139 people while three deaths have been reported, sparking fears of a pandemic. But with Ashley's parents by his bedside while he relies on a ventilator to breathe, there are conc…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
From ABC News BANGKOK -- Thailand should brace for serious water shortages when the hot season begins in March after a year with unusually little rainfall, one of the country's top water management officials said Monday. Retention of water by dams in upstream areas of the Mekong River also is seen as contributing to record-low water levels in the river, affecting the region's ecology. Somkiat Prajumwong, director-general of Thailand's Office of National Water Resources, said the river will experience record-low levels, after already recording new records this past year. His agency is warning people along the Mekong to beware of river bank slides and pr…
-
https://str8upgayporn.com/watch-heres-the-livestream-of-the-2020-str8upgayporn-awards-hosted-by-kathy-griffin-2/ I always criticized porn industry award, and I still think they are meaningless and irrelevant. However, this is he first year that I feel involved in the industry, with some personal bonds to several players, and even friendships with a couple of guys. They all were excited about participating in the awards ceremony, and have influenced me to reevaluate the significance if these events.I say "these" because S8UP is just he first of a long series. Although I still think that the awards are meaningless, I find the celebration and the getting together…
-
- 1 reply
- 808 views
-
-
Have you guys ever cummed from just getting a Lap dance in a strip club? Story time?
- 13 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
From Bangkok Post Bangkok and nearby provinces remained blanketed in smog, with PM2.5 dust exceeding safe levels at 37 air-quality monitoring stations on Saturday morning. The Pollution Control Department (PCD) said hazardous particle levels in the air in Greater Bangkok ranged between 39 and 79 microgrammes per cubic metre in the morning, with the results in 37 areas exceeding the safety standard of 50 microgrammes per cubic metre. The unhealthy smog on Saturday worsened in most areas of the capital from Friday, when the levels were 28-55mcg/cm, with fine dust exceeding safe levels at 10 monitoring stations. The affected areas in Bangkok on Saturday i…
-
I cannot sing, but I admire guys who can. These three Chinese singers really can! https://youtu.be/x6-2ER1IVzo
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
Megan Rapinoe is getting so much press these days, it made me think of the last gay athlete to dominate the media, Adam Rippon. His star power seems to have finally declined. Anyone know any differently? He certainly got more than 15 minutes, but is he done as a media darling? And Megan...a worthy successor?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-