Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From South China Morning Post European, US travellers scramble for flights as Asia’s key transit hubs close Phil Hopkins found himself dashing to find new flights after Hong Kong, one of Asia’s busiest transit hubs, on Monday announced it was banning stopovers and closing its borders to visitors. While his 25-hour flight from Surabaya back to Boston was meant to be a simple one, with a single stop in Hong Kong as he was flying Cathay Pacific, his journey swelled to four flights via Jakarta, Tokyo and Chicago – lasting a mammoth 34 hours and 30 minutes. “This is a very difficult situation. I was very surprised that they closed a major airport…

    • 0 replies
    • 970 views
  2. Started by Lucky,

    • 2 replies
    • 984 views
  3. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Channel News Asia DUBAI: Emirates announced on Sunday (Mar 22) that it will “temporarily suspend" all its passenger operations from Wednesday in light of the COVID-19 outbreak that has forced countries to close their borders. The deadly coronavirus has caused the world to go "into quarantine", affecting business for the airline, the chairman and CEO of the Emirates Group Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said. "As a global network airline, we find ourselves in a situation where we cannot viably operate passenger services until countries re-open their borders, and travel confidence returns. The reduction in basic salary for most employees will ran…

    • 1 reply
    • 987 views
  4. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Channel News Asia The factors behind a coronavirus disaster ROME: Why Italy? Loads of people have been wondering why the beautiful Mediterranean country has become the new epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic. Experts list a range of reasons - from Italy's relatively high age to its strained healthcare system to some old fashioned bad luck - that add up to a disaster not seen in generations. None of the answers alone explain why the nation of 60 million accounts for over a third of the nearly 11,500 deaths officially reported across the 7.7-billion strong world. But other countries will want to examine each of these factors and address t…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    NOTE -- I just watched "Santi-Vina" and enjoyed it. This link will take you to the Thai Film Archive site and access to the films mentioned below. https://www.youtube.com/user/FilmArchiveThailand ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From Khaosod English BANGKOK — A host of films deemed to be “historically and culturally significant” are now available to view for free on YouTube. The Thai Film Archive is continually adding films to a Covid-19 playlist on their YouTube channel, which includes the feature length “Santi-Vina” (1954) and clips of the oldest Thai film with a katoey (…

    • 0 replies
    • 928 views
  6. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Khaosod English BANGKOK — The United States government said Friday it donated about 2 million USD for the Thai government to fight against the coronavirus epidemic. The funds were made available to Thailand by the U.S. Agency for International Development, or USAID. The newly appointed American ambassador to Thailand said the relief highlights yet another cooperation between the two countries amid the pandemic, which infected at least 300 people in Thailand so far. U.S. officials also donated masks, gloves, goggles, and other essential equipment to Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, the statement said. https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/20…

    • 0 replies
    • 632 views
  7. Could someone please answer me this: What kind of fucking DRAG is this? I know I'm going to sound old and old-fashioned, but I remember a time when drag was all about passing, and I'm not talking flatulence. Lip-syncing aside, if you were a guy who could pass as a girl on stage, you were automatically given drag queen props for your "beauty" talent. What on earth happened to that concept? Yes, we had DIVINE, but there was only one DIVINE, just like there's only one John Waters. Drag today seems to have gone the way of the Met Fashion Gala. Life in the age of Trump is a CIRCUS and everyone must be in an outrageous costume when the only objective is the…

  8. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Los Angeles Times After a rare mass shooting in Thailand, something just as unusual: Therapy BANGKOK, Thailand — When a soldier went on a shooting rampage at a mall in northeastern Thailand last month, Ponglert Supatwanich and his 17-year-old son survived by hiding in a post office for six hours. Though shaken in the aftermath, he did not think about seeing a therapist. But help came to him, turning the 55-year-old hotel owner into a believer in mental health treatment in the Buddhist “land of smiles,” where experts say lingering stigmas around psychological treatment stop many from seeking professional help. “In Thailand people don’t …

    • 0 replies
    • 947 views
  9. Started by DivineMadman,

    Mad Face Food Week is scheduled this year for 13-15 March. (I know, not really a week ). It's held on an open lot along the River. Easy to get to - just a short walk from the cross-river ferry at Saphan Taksin. Beers, lots of different good food to sample. Live music. Nice fun friendly young/mid/mixed crowd. I think it' 100B entry and that includes a drink. They have a series of chef's meals scheduled but those look too pricey for me. Certainly check to make sure it's not COVID-cancelled before going. https://www.madfacefoodweek.com

  10. Started by lilbob69,

    Hi All I'm due to fly out from Australia to Bkk and drive to Pattaya on the weekend. Australian Gov't has issued a 'reconsider your need to travel' warning I'm thinking I'm at as much risk of getting COVID19 at home as I am in Pattaya. I'm reasonably healthy (fat and unfit). Who's still going, who's cancelling?

  11. Started by petr55,

    This is hilarious... Applying Oil in Anus cures Corona virus! Weird Things to Prevent Corona Virus : As the Corona virus takes the shit out the people around the world. People sort to different weird ways to prevent corona virus infection . Let’s see through the weird things going on to scare Corona Virus. Some sing Corona Song, Some apply oil in Anus while some resort to cow urine to prevent corona virus. Bizarrely Strange! Isn’t? https://crazytalks.in/weird-things-thats-happening-to-stop-corona-virus/?fbclid=IwAR26Da1psjOTRrY_NIQDaBJawbTVkXV7i2Z-n_iS71OFhxoiwVGqR-9lSNI

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    March and April are the two best months to be in the desert and Palm Springs area. A million people flock here for the sun and events. They can still play golf, but the BNP Paribas tennis tournament has been canceled as of today. Rafael Nadal will have to find something else to do! Preparations for the event, including food, were well underway. It's estimated that the closure will cost the valley a half a million dollars. May businesses do much of their annual take during the tourist months. Tons of young people will be unemployed. On a smaller level, my local library has closed. It's the nicest library in the area and will be shut down a minimum of two weeks. …

  13. Started by RockHardNYC,

    I'm happy to report I sent three checks today to candidates running for president. I saw the Peter Buttigieg CNN Town Hall recently and the guy blew me away. So smart. So articulate. So open to new ideas. He's got some serious talent. I believe his mind and heart would be good for America. First check to him. I like Kamala Harris. Second check to her. I think she's got talent, too. She doesn't quite have her policy chops sharpened enough, but I want to watch her growth and see her in the debates. I think it's important to have leadership discussions among a diverse group. I like supporting smart women who don't behave like Amy Klobuchar in private. If Stacy Abra…

  14. Way tired of getting hated at by the nasties over at the other site so I want to find a home here! Happy to meet new people and see people I already know from the other place (haha I KNOW you are here someplace).... So for now just want to introduce myself while I figure out how to use this site - and hope everyone is good!

  15. Started by Lucky,

    There is plenty of reason to think of Harvey Weinstein as a pig, but jurors can only act on the evidence presented in his trial. The two victims allege rape, but then went on to later have continuing sex with him. Is the rape charge credible? I would not convict him on this evidence. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/nyregion/harvey-weinstein-trial-consent.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

  16. Started by RockHardNYC,

    Kathy Griffin Slams Andy Cohen Says Anderson Cooper Won't Reconcile I kind of feel sorry for Kathy Griffin. For one, she should never wear her hair short if she doesn't want to look like a miserable, unattractive, over-pulled lesbian. For two, she got unfairly dumped by a so-called famous friend for possibly making a single mistake. What kind of friendship is it when a single mistake can't be forgiven? Kathy Griffin's talent never did much for me. I worked with Brooke Shields early in her career, and I met Kathy during her Suddenly Susan run. I don't remember Kathy ever making me laugh, but I always found her interesting and attention grabbing, and not just beca…

  17. Started by kokopelli,

    Today in the USA it is President's Day, but, in reality, it is the celebration of the first President, George Washington. President Washington did his best to set an example for all those who were to follow. Sadly some presidents failed to follow his example.

  18. Started by RockHardNYC,

    I never liked him, even though he's considered very smart and highly educated, by the Jesuits no less. His ego was larger than Trump's. I hated his blowhard style and the way he constantly stepped on his guest's words. He's a television personality who loved to hear himself speak and yell. Not much different from Bill O'Reilly, but much more educated. Good riddance. A cleaning house is long overdue at MSNBC. Chris Matthews Out at MSNBC

  19. Started by DivineMadman,

    It's a good quick read for language nerds. Article -- How Thai language reinforces hierarchy

  20. Started by BJBalogna,

    Hey’ new guy here, truing to figure out how to join forums to leave and read reviews of rent boys and chat with others

    • 3 replies
    • 904 views
  21. I joined the site about two weeks ago - and thanks for having me! I live in Australia and to go anywhere in Europe or America it takes up to 24 hours just to get there before you can even unpack. But after some late night reading of many posts I'm eager experience some of the things you guys write about. I will actually be in New York for one week for my birthday in October and after studying a map I've decided that, hey, Santo Domingo is just a few clouds away! Maybe I can experience it without two days travel from Aussie so I've tentatively planned four nights there leaving NYC on the first Tuesday of November, I hope my excitement doesn't overshadow the US election!! B…

    • 0 replies
    • 708 views
  22. I like this actor. I enjoyed him in Falling Skies which may not have been the greatest show on earth but I never missed an episode. He is also in Locke and Key on Netflix now. https://attitude.co.uk/article/connor-jessup-talks-sexuality-coming-out-and-finding-love-in-attitudes-april-issue-1/22934

  23. Started by Lucky,

    Escort-client relationships sometimes take odd turns. Today's NY Post reports that a Manhattan escort hired to slap a client's butt ended up suing him when things turned nasty. The story: https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/male-escort-sues-sm-client-for-defamation-damaging-career/

  24. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    For those of us stupid enough to check our investment holdings the past few days, the pain is almost everywhere. But we might take heart in the history of recovery times from corrections and bear market setbacks from the past. All good things to those who wait. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/heres-how-long-stock-market-corrections-last-and-how-bad-they-can-get.html

  25. Started by DivineMadman,

    The annual Siam Society Book Fair is this weekend, 29 Feb & 1 Mar from 10:00am to 5:00pm at the lovely Siam Society just a short walk from the Asoke BTS station. http://www.siam-society.org/library/2002Bookfair.html Visitors are advised to bring their own bags to take home all those good books.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.