The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Privacy for porn users is no better than for shirt shoppers or travel sites, but if it's something kinky or secret, do you really want advertisers buying up your porn habits? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/17/opinion/google-facebook-sex-websites.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage Most of us are pretty clear here what we like, so is privacy a lost cause?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Beside creating a welcome and safe space for the most vicious right wing homophobes our community is usually lucky to ignore, we can also encounter, from time to time, loving souvenirs that point out just how insane the crazy cabal that claims to run that site is. My very own pearl of wisdom from the dotards-in-charge is attached. Gotta love them.
- 15 replies
- 2.6k views
-
A Michigan priest denied communion to a long-time parishioner who is married to another woman. She is also a chief district judge. Looking at the picture, my first thought was that this priest is gay. I do have some experience in these things, but still, it's only a picture and I could be wrong. But apparently he also denied communion to another gay parishioner, which makes me think he has gay on the brain. Am I so wrong? The story: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michigan-catholic-priest-communion-lesbian-judge_n_5de55c1fe4b0d50f32a6f0a0
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
-
Excerpted from the Bangkok Post Thai economy's rocky road in 2020 The Thai economy will continue to grow slowly in 2020, albeit slightly faster than this year. It is projected to expand at 2.5-3.0%, compared with 2.5% in 2019, in line with faster growth in the global economy next year. The Thai economy's main drivers in 2020 will be recoveries in export volumes and tourism, and greater government spending. Moreover, relocation of investment from China to Thailand as a result of the US-Sino trade war will be more evident in 2020. However the trade war will continue to pose serious downside risks as its affects on trade, the Chinese economy, and investor confidence…
- 9 replies
- 3k views
-
I’m in my late 40’s and have started to lose hair on my head. I just moved to the USA. I saw in two publications that this new company (Roman) makes male products such as propecia (finasteride) easily and safely available in the USA. The studies online seem to indicate that medicine for hair loss is safe for 18-41, with the previous caution prescribing for over 41 now lifted. My German doctor would not prescribed it all all because I was over 41. Aside from the fact Trump takes this medicine, have any of you over 41 been taking it? Does it work for you? Any side effects?
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
From MSN British families are sending elderly relatives with dementia overseas to Thailand in a small but growing trend. Researchers visiting private care homes in Chiang Mai have found eight homes where guests from the UK are living thousands of miles away from their families, because suitable care in their home country was impossible to find or afford. “Thailand already has a long history of medical tourism and it’s now setting itself up as an international hub for dementia care,” said Dr Caleb Johnston, a senior lecturer in human geography at Newcastle University. Some of the facilities are British-run; some are Thai-run but with substantial invest…
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
(CNN) -- A gay porn actor is suspected in the killing of his acquaintance, videotaping and posting online the man's dismemberment and mailing the severed limbs to different locations in Ottawa, including to a political party's headquarters, according to a source with direct knowledge of the investigation. Authorities are searching for Luka Rocco Magnotta, 29, who they say is allegedly responsible for a human torso discovered in Montreal, thought to be linked to a human hand and foot that were separately mailed from Montreal to Ottawa. Magnotta, also known as Eric Clinton Newman, is a Montreal resident who allegedly knew the victim, identified only as a white male, Montr…
-
- 13 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, I moved here from the other site, where I have been righteous banned. I promise to keep misbehaving to spice things up :)
- 188 replies
- 22.4k views
- 1 follower
-
I understand this is a sensitive subject. So I get straight to the point: Do you hire escorts who are desperate for money? If you do, does it bother you?
- 77 replies
- 9.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Vaguely considering going in January, particularly since it's during the Sin City Classic and I could play some bridge too. Anybody been? How is it, particularly if you're not young and hot? The ticket includes the Gay AVN awards which I imagine could either be a hoot or super tedious.
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
Out of the blue (ie. without looking for it) I came across a very attractive model who identifies him self as non-binary, sexually fluid. We had a long chat and will meet this evening for a drink. This is the first time for me. I am intrigued and for some strange reason very attracted to him. I wonder if any one had a similar experience.
- 5 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
Great article on a great man who inspired me as a young gay man looking to find someone like me in literature. https://attitude.co.uk/article/tales-of-the-city-author-armistead-maupin-on-five-decades-of-speaking-queer-truth-to-power/22509/
- 3 replies
- 999 views
- 1 follower
-
South Korea and Taiwan targets of the new service Excerpted from the Bangkok Post Thailand's aviation industry is set to welcome two new low-cost carriers next year, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on Monday. Thai Eastar Jet and Thai Summer Airways have obtained the required Air Operating Licences (AOL) and are currently in the process of obtaining their Air Operator Certificate (AOC), said CAAT director-general Chula Sukmanop. The budget airlines will be the first two Thai-registered airliners to launch commercial services since Thailand was red-flagged by the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO) in June 2015 for …
-
Today I filled out the census forms, it does go on and on. There was concern that by asking citizenship questions it would deter immigrants who are not citizens from participating, thus leaving them undercounted. I always thought that the census was to count the number of people in the country, out of which political seats would be issued. But if hordes of immigrants do not respond, they lose representation. The census should focus on building trust and not statistics that don't help determine the population. This census often feels like an IRS form as they ask very detailed income questions. I don't know why. The questions and suggested answers are not always consis…
-
- 1 reply
- 813 views
-
-
We are updating our SSL and the site may have a warning that it is dangerous. It will be fixed but may take a while. It is safe and secure. The SSL is just expiring and may have some downtime.
-
- 2 replies
- 761 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I did find this photo collection fascinating. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/world/gallery/decade-in-pictures/index.html
-
- 1 reply
- 978 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Merry Christmas to my fellow Johns. I can't remember the last time I was in NYC for Christmas. In a way, it's strange and charming to be here when the city is so quiet. I enjoy a change of pace on occasion, but a death and a birth in the family became a priority this holiday season. Sometimes I don't want to appear too heartless to certain cousins. I doubt I will make this my new routine. I recently saw the tree at Rockefeller Center, and I'll see it again when I visit with friends at La Grenouille. The Christmas tree never fails to be a spectacle, but the people madness along those three blocks is insane. I even caught the Holiday Light Show at Saks …
-
- 1 reply
- 676 views
-
-
I see this all too often. I have been there myself. But, I always tell people that falling in love with an escort and wanting to spend time with then are two different things. It rarely ends well. A relationship built on money is most always about money. That is hard to overcome. Recently, I had a friend that was telling me he was in love with a guy he met at a bar and was moving to Thailand to be with him and set up a house near the boy's family. I can't really say much other than, "are you sure this is a good idea?" The boy is still working and I see him when I visit the bars. But, this friend thinks he is not going with customers and only working there to spend time w…
- 19 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
The Christmas gift from the media seems to be an expose of how our privacy rights are being violated in almost everything we do, and everywhere we go. The NY Times has one article, the first in a series: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/19/opinion/location-tracking-cell-phone.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage The Washington Post tells us how our cars spy on us. Every transgression is noted : https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/12/17/what-does-your-car-know-about-you-we-hacked-chevy-find-out/ I once had Verizon's HUM installed on my car. They let me see the data collected. If I sped, it was noted, if I braked…
-
- 2 replies
- 852 views
-
-
From Bloomberg Financial The Bank of Thailand cut its benchmark interest rate for the second time in three months and said it will ease rules on outflows to curb a surging currency. Five of the seven Monetary Policy Committee members voted to cut the key rate by a quarter-percentage point to 1.25%, the central bank said in a statement. That matches a record low and was in line with the forecasts of 16 of the 26 economists in a Bloomberg survey. Officials told reporters in Bangkok that the central bank is worried about the strength of the baht, which may continue to weigh on the economy. The bank will ease rules on outflows and consider further steps to rein…
- 5 replies
- 1.7k views
-
I've been binging on "The Walking Dead:. I'm now on season five. They have introduced a gay character. He said that when he was young his mother made him eat applesauce which he didn't like because she said that it would make him "manly".
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
Hi all, I ran across the man4porn site which seems to be a copy (maybe old one) of the rentmen.com site. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks,
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
I heard this joke on "The Walking Dead". What is the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts? Beer nuts are @$1.79 a pound and deer nuts are under a buck! ;-)))
-
- 0 replies
- 879 views
-
-
From Bloomberg News Election agency asks court to mull Future Forward dissolution Party head has warned elimination could be protest flash-point Thailand’s Election Commission petitioned a court to consider the break up of the country’s most high-profile opposition party, whose leader has warned that its dissolution could spark protests. Loans of 191.2 million baht ($6.3 million) to the Future Forward party from its chief Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit breached financing rules for political parties, the commission said in a statement Wednesday in Bangkok. “We absolutely disagree with the commission’s decision,” Piyabutr Saengkan…
-
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/12/7/20999017/i-didnt-want-to-be-gay-ed-smart-tells-lgbtq-conference He is the father of Elizabeth Smith who was kidnapped several years ago and held for nine months.
-
- 0 replies
- 767 views
-