The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I have so impressed with performances by this gay church janitor. What a voice! What a story! What a great representative to the LGBT community! Here is a clip of him performing the Elton John classic “We All Fall in Love Sometimes”. It brought tears to my eyes. http://www.towleroad.com/2019/04/jeremiah-lloyd-harmon-elton-john/
-
- 0 replies
- 890 views
-
-
- 1 reply
- 846 views
-
The plight of stateless youth was placed in the spotlight during the Wild Boars saga. Eventually those team members who were stateless were granted Thai identity documents. Many members in The 13 thread who had commented on this should be heartened to learn that another young man has received the same good news. From The Nation (15 Apr.) So-called "rootless" people, those who were born in Thailand but abandoned at birth and thus have no Thai identification number or household document, can now file for birth certificates and apply for Thai nationality, according to a new law that has been published in the Royal Gazette and comes into effect this week. …
-
From CNBC (14 April) Singapore’s Changi Airport, called the world’s best airport, now touts the world’s tallest indoor waterfall Singapore’s Changi Airport has long been touted as the “best airport in the world.” That status becomes even more cemented on April 17, when it will officially open a dazzling presecurity attraction known as Jewel. Inside is a lush four-story tiered garden, more than 280 retail and dining outlets, a hotel, a multi-screen IMAX theater and its centerpiece: a 130-foot-tall Rain Vortex, which is the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. The next phase of the project rolls out in June, when Jewel Changi Airport opens a bundle of a…
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
-
-
I'm moving to Brooklyn very soon. I want some excitement and someone with connection to the gay nightlife. I really want a roommate who is an escort or go-to dancer. Its kind of like a dream for me. I'm young. In my late 20s. Of course, i need them to have stable income. Amy advice on how to find such a roommate or advertise that I want one? I'm not asking them for their services. I just want that roommate so I can have someone who is fun, sex positive, can give me info on the scene. If I get in better shape I may even strip.
- 38 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
This year will be big for NYC's Gay Pride. Is anyone headed to NYC for the event?
-
- 0 replies
- 949 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm used to seeing sign language, hand gestures. But the episode of "Judge Judy" that I just watched the translator was positioned in front of the court room and just mouthed all the words that everyone said. He did not use his hands.
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
From Bloomberg News (6 Feb.) Thailand’s central bank left its benchmark interest rate unchanged, as expected, as slower inflation and a soaring currency give policy makers room to pause after December’s hike. Four of the six members of the Monetary Policy Committee present at the meeting voted to hold the one-day bond repurchase rate at 1.75 percent, the Bank of Thailand said in a statement on Wednesday. Two called for a 25 basis point hike, while one member was absent. All 21 economists surveyed by Bloomberg predicted the decision. “The committee viewed that accommodative monetary policy would remain appropriate in the period ahead,” the central bank said,…
-
I had not been outside my apartment since April of last year - I fell in the parking lot and the rescue squad got me back inside. But then I went to the ER day-before-yesterday. The ER doctor mentioned getting home health care. But my doctor would need to approve it and he would need to see me hence his visit today. I last saw him in March last year. He told me that he thought that I'd be alot worse off when he saw me today. But he was honest with me that I'll probably be going into a nursing home before the end of the year. It has been getting harder and harder to get around even with the walker. I have a bad right leg. I've had cellulitis in it several times…
- 10 replies
- 2.2k views
-
I fell in February and on 11 March. Both times getting into bed. I now sleep in my chair in the living room. Tonight (22 March) I was walking from the bathroom to my chair when I collapsed. I was just a few feet away from the chair. I have Life Alert. They have been quick in getting here. Thankfully I've not been hurt or injured. Only black & blue. I had them put a kitchen chair outside the bathroom door. So in the future when I exit I can sit a few minutes to get my strength.
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
I once lusted after him. My very closeted self snuck out to see that movie where he wore very little. He didn't age so well, and was not apparently a very nice guy. Thrice married, he allegedly hit the wife. He had a lot of problems with drugs. But damn, his young self was so sexy. RIP
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
So I finally calculated my taxes, and I owe about $1600 on top of what was withheld. That's amazing. Before my partner and I married, we owed no taxes. The marriage penalty kicked in and we had to pay some. The elimination of the personal exemptions hurt the middle and lower class. I don't know anyone who has received significant cut. It appears the rich won this one.
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
Nowadays masseurs cannot advertise sex. No happy endings are mentioned anymore. I think even saying "erotic" massage is not allowed. I haven't seen any ads trying to be coy either. Unless. Unless this quote has extra meaning. The massage "will leave you satisfied and coming back for more." So does it leave you satisfied and coming? Or just coming back for more. If the latter, an odd place to put that remark! Why can't we just be treated as adults who have needs and want an erotic massage...or more? Have you seen any attempts in an ad to convey more than basic massage? (Don't say who!)
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
New here. Just signed up today. I see some familiar names here from other places.
- 18 replies
- 2.4k views
-
US government panel has informed Beijing Kunlun Tech that its ownership of Grindr constitutes a national security risk Reuters Wed 27 Mar 2019 11.36 EDT Chinese gaming company Beijing Kunlun Tech Co Limited is seeking to sell Grindr, the popular gay dating app it has owned since 2016, after a US government national security panel raised concerns about its ownership, according to people familiar with the matter. The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has informed Kunlun that its ownership of West Hollywood, California-based Grindr …
-
Really don't think they had to advertise but gotta admire the the effort. From The Nation (26 Mar.) AirAsia has now apologised following an advertising campaign using the phrase “Get off in Thailand” was posted around the city of Brisbane to promote the airline’s direct route to Bangkok. Collective Shout, a campaign movement against the objectification of women says the marketing gaff promoted sex tourism in Thailand. Melinda Liszewski, a campaigner at Collective Shout accused the airline of “promoting sex tourism.” Air Asia has responded… “AirAsia takes community feedback extremely seriously and the airline sincerely apologises for a…
- 7 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
I feel so stupid but I can't understand how chaturbate works. How do you guys choose boys from a specific city? Thx!
- 17 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
One horse=sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses? I just became aware of this expression.
- 2 replies
- 955 views
-
NOTE -- Many of us know guys from Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos who make regular border runs to get their visa renewed. And most use a van service to take them there and back. One of these green vans was struck broadside by a truck and knocked into a river in Kanchanaburi. Eight bodies were recovered and two remain missing. A friend sent me a video posted on Facebook that shows the brave efforts of rescuers to help save the victims. Although the article reports that all appear to be from Myanmar, apparently there were some Vietnamese among them passengers. He knows one of the victims, a Vietnamese guy who worked in Bangkok and was traveling with his girlfriend who a…
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
-
Not that anyone is counting, but over the last 24 hours, only 30 posts have gone up. Why say "only?" Well, it's clearly been slow for new content, except for the Latin Forum. But in the last 24 hours, those 30 posts came from 91 members who signed on in the last 24 hours. So, after log-in, only one of three members even others to say something! Just saying. I mean, who cares, really...
- 6 replies
- 2k views
-
-
- 1 reply
- 920 views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin This is the med my doctor prescribed for my foot pain - a burning sensation. This pain is different than the usual diabetic foot pain. I take three per day. I have 90 tablets. The doctor said it may take a week to work. When I went to the ER it was because of this foot pain. I told them several times but they ignored it. The ER doctor did give a prescription for the pneumonia he saw on my lungs Azthromycin , And he prescribed a substitute for Ibuprofen called Acetaminophen.
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I have to say, this country has pulled together since the tragedy and not become the side show that America becomes after tons of these incidents. This video really moved me. https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2019/mar/18/students-perform-haka-to-pay-tribute-to-classmates-killed-in-christchurch-video
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-