Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Avalon1849,

    I was watching the recent episode of "Deal or No Deal". The contestant was a middle aged gay man. His husband was there and they were wearing identical outfits. Pictures were shown of them wearing other identical outfits. In fact the couple greatly resembled each other. One scene the ladies with the briefcases disappeared and when they returned they had on the very same outfits the contestant and his husband were wearing. White slacks and checkered sweater.

    • 0 replies
    • 715 views
  2. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Coconuts Bangkok Bang Sue Grand Station, an upcoming transportation hub in Bangkok’s suburbs, will replace Kuala Lumpur’s Grand Sentral as the region’s largest railway station when it opens in 2020. The Bang Sue Grand Station will sprawl over 300,000 sqm. It will serve as a connecting point for the Airport Rail Link, three MRT lines, and high-speed rails that travel outside of the capital, according to recent updates reported in the Thai edition of China’s Xinhua News. Those high-speed rails will connect to the north (to Chiang Mai), as well as incorporate the Bangkok-Hua Hin line. The site, currently under construction, will replace the old-sc…

  3. A skinny little guy goes into an elevator, looks up and sees this HUGE guy standing next to him. The big guy sees the little guy staring at him, looks down and says: 7 feet tall, 350 pounds, 20 inch private, 3 pound testicles, Turner Brown. The little guy faints and falls to the floor. The big guy kneels down and starts shaking him. The big guy says, What's wrong with you? In a weak voice the little guy says, What EXACTLY did you say to me? The big dude says, I saw your curious look and figured I'd just give you the answers to the questions everyone always asks me..... I'm 7 feet tall, I weigh 350 pounds, I have a 20 inch private, my testicles weigh 3 pounds each, and…

  4. Started by Avalon1849,

    Background: I have arthritis in both knees; surgery not an option. Diagnosis was @10 years ago. Gradually getting worse. I would go out once a week to start my car. Last April I fell in the parking lot. Someone saw me and called the rescue squad. I now have Life Alert. I had not been outside my apartment until today. Last week I fell getting into bed; the rescue squad got me up. When I've fallen I was never hurt only black and blue. But I have since been afraid to sleep in my bed. I sleep in my chair in the living room. 5 or 6 days ago when I walk - I use a walker - the soles of my feet felt like I was walking on gravel. Painful! So this morning I had the ambulance take m…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Started by t0oL1,

    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/an-hour-of-light-and-sound-a-day-might-keep-alzheimers-at-bay/ Wow this is three years old and I hadn't even heard of it. They have even done a study on human(s) thst helped but stopped the study to great anguish of the participant(s). Lights/sound apparatus available now online https://gammalighttherapy.com/collections/all Separate/same apparatus available on ebay (I ordered already). YouTube has mp3 4 hour sound clip here Podcast with the actual lady Phd researcher in charge of MIT department here https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/bringing-gamma-back (click "Listen")

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  6. Guest Guest Pooper
    Started by Guest Guest Pooper,

    The site now allows anonymous posting where you don't even have to be a member to post. You can attack registered posters without giving a clue to your identity. That's not very classy. But is it the new Boytoy?

  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I understand the concept. I don't quite get what is going to now happen. What are the next steps? Will Brexit happen or be put to another referendum?

  8. 2018 was a year of deaths for me. Really makes you think how short our time is. While away for Christmas, I heard that we lost Hector Xtravaganza on December 30. For a variety of reasons, that news punched me in the memory gut. I haven't seen Hector in many years. In the early 1980's, I met him in the Ball scene, and then I worked with him on a couple of projects. I remember always enjoying his presence and personality. He was a Latin cutie back then; tall, lean, handsome, with a glint of sex-god in his eye. I did not know that Ryan Murphy had hired him to consult on "Pose." Here are two articles worth reading: Hector Xtravaganza NYTimes Memorial …

  9. Started by mvan1,

    VID-20170525-WA0004_(1).mp4

  10. Started by Lucky,

    In the old, pre-AIDS days, the bathhouse was a staple of the gay community. If you didn't find someone at the bar, trek on over to Ritch Street and thousands of horny guys...well, okay, hundreds!...were available, maybe not to you, but to some guy who may or may not show up. I loved Ritch Street. Once AIDS hit San Francisco, it closed along with other similar establishments. I can't remember their names, although one popular one was at 8th & Howard. This afternoon I was reading this funny account of a night at the Vatican sauna- yes, right there by the Vatican and owned by the Vatican. Maybe it was part of the employee benefits program or meant to deter kiddie ab…

  11. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Khaosod English (7 Mar.) BANGKOK — Each year calls to ban alcohol during Thai New Year’s festive and watery days grow louder, and this year health officials say they’re want to make it a reality. The Department of Disease Control said it will ask the government to suspend booze sales on April 13, the first of the three-day New Year’s festival known as Songkran. Officials said the measure would help reduce deaths caused by drunk driving during the holidays. Department deputy director Kajornsak Kaeojaras told reporters the agency will formally submit the proposal to the cabinet next week. The department first approved the idea in February. Drunk dri…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  12. Pity we didn’t know of this opportunity earlier, we could have encouraged some of our boys to aim for a career switch. It's now a 'tournament'! Thai durian seller to host contest to pick suitor for daughter and the aftermath.... if she doesn’t want him, I’ll have him Thai durian trader rejects daughter’s suitor for being “too handsome”, cancels 10,000 men marriage contest

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    From Bloomberg News (Jan. 31) A year after Airbus SE won what appeared to be a lifesaving order for its A380 double-decker, the flagship program’s future is once again on the line. Gulf carrier Emirates may convert some or all of its most recent 20 superjumbo orders into smaller A350s, people familiar with the matter said. That would slash the backlog and lead Airbus to kill off a plane that’s had limited interest from other airlines, just 11 years after it entered commercial service. Airbus would keep the superjumbo going until other outstanding orders for the model were fulfilled, mostly from an earlier Emirates deal, according to the people, who as…

  14. Guest reader
    Started by Guest reader,

    It will be interesting if the reduction in iPhone prices going on in China will spread to the LOS. iPhones have a well-known cachet among SE Asian guys--and no small number of their admirers. From CNBC Retailers are slashing iPhone prices across China as consumers say the phones aren't worth the cost Apple's latest iPhone models are seeing huge discounts from retailers in China. The technology giant recently revised its first quarter sales forecast downward, putting a large part of the blame on a slowdown in the Chinese market. Experts said a mixture of a poor pricing strategy and a lack of exciting features compa…

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

  16. Started by Jasper,

    Much anticipated mega shopping mall ICONSIAM opened yesterday with guest celebrities including Alicia Keys and Naomi Watts. The shopping mall includes the first Apple store in Thailand and Takashimaya, the Japanese department store. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/lifestyle/30358261

  17. Started by Jasper,

    Wow! I was really lucky there. My flight to BKK was on Tuesday! Am I going to be stranded in BKK ? There was a cute cabin crew on my flight. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ All Thai Airways International flights between Thailand and Europe were cancelled Wednesday night and early Thursday after Pakistan closed its airspace. Initial flights cancelled were four from Suvarnabhumi - TG974 to Moscow, TG954 to Oslo, TG930 to Paris, and TG916 to London - and TG296 from Phuket to Frankfurt. But the number of cancelled flights rose quickly, and it appeared all flights between Europe and Thailand would be grounded. Swiss A…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Started by Lucky,

    Taking advantage of a slow time here, I will ask a question that bugs me. Why does Conde Nost get to put a cookie on my computer for each and every one of their magazines? I take them off, they come back. I am not knowingly visiting Conde Nost magazine sites, but even if I did, why a cookie for every magazine? Anyone know? (Do you ever look at the cookies on your computer? Do cookie holders actually use them?)

  19. Started by kjun12,

    It is incredible to me that some state representatives are so ignorant that they do not know that these diseases cannot be treated with antibiotics. They are introducing legislation to make it easier for prople to refuse to allow their children to be vaccinated in order to prevent these diseases. At least two of these Yahoos hail from the great state of texas amd one from arizona. What a surprise that is. We only need the state of Louisiana in this group.

    • 0 replies
    • 691 views
  20. Started by Candyman,

    I use Twitter mainly to follow politics, but I'm looking to add some eye candy accounts. Any recommendations?

    • 0 replies
    • 635 views
  21. Started by kokopelli,

    Here is a remarkable film of San Francisco taken in 1906 a few days before the city was hit by an earthquake. It seems that people back then had complete disregard for traffic and rules of the road much the same as in Pattaya today. https://www.livescience.com/61945-san-francisco-earthquake-footage-flea-market.html

  22. I was disheartened to learn last week that a long time client (and business partner) passed away unexpectantly on December 3rd. Not sure if it would be appropriate to link to the obituary site, but his name on Rentmen was HunkyBunky. At one point I thought he was Marylander on the DRs site, but we had a conversation that confirmed it wasn't him. So, wanting to have a moment of reverence in Memory.

  23. Started by Latbear4blk,

    Jackie Shane, transgender soul singer of the 1960s, dies at 78

  24. In case it's not on your radar screen, there's a free Muay Thai fight lineup on the last Wednesday of every month at MBK. With the closure of the old stadium on Rama IV, it's the easiest way to catch a match if you're in the CBD. 5:00-8:00 pm. Here's a link to the Feb 27 event. Fight Night

  25. For those in Bangkok - It's the end of the season for Bangkok Symphony In The Park. The concerts are free and the last concert (this season) will be Sunday at 5:00. They're usually pleasant. For those who haven't been this year, reminder that the location has changed to Chula Centenary Park. Location The park itself is worth a short visit. The winners for the Symphony's voice talent search will also perform. The program for Sunday is: William Tell Overture Jurassic Park Bohemian Rhapsody I Know Where I’ve Been from Hairspray - สิรวิชญ์ In My Own from Cinderella - พรรณพฤกษา Gonna Fly Now from Rocky A New Life from Jekyll & Hide - ไรวินทร์ …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.