The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
NOTE -- For old movie theater buffs and Issan travelers. Hope you enjoy. (photo credit SE Asia Movie Theater Project) From The Issan Record A wave of chain movie theaters hosted in shopping malls has swept away most of the independent movie parlors once found in almost every city of Thailand's northeast. But in the region’s smaller towns, stand-alone cinemas like the Det Udom Theater in Ubon Ratchathani Province continue to draw a loyal audience. Located in the town of Det Udom, about 30 kilometers southeast of Ubon Ratchathani City, the family-run theater has been operating for almost 60 years. Its original wooden theater hall was built in 1959, even be…
-
I think it would be beneficial for all, if we started a thread which @Lucky could chime in on and let us know in advance if we should be talking about this, or not talking about that. I’ll start.
- 53 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In order to supplement my Retirement income, and stay busy, I have been searching for opportunities. I think I've found it... If these girls can do it, WHY can't I ?? I am especially intrigued at hosting HEN parties (but we'll quickly change that to COCK parties).... Just need to find the right "NAME". Please feel free to offer suggestion....
-
- 0 replies
- 789 views
-
-
It seems like just yesterday, when you were a budding beauty, reaching for the stars and your inner-self! And then you found further photogenic stages in your life and gave us this. For a short period of time you turned into a real Adam Rippon (minus the harness) Thank God! But we all knew, that was just a momentary stage. A stage which would propel you to better, more important callings. Becoming the true YOU! And so YOU grew, not only within YOURSELF but you reached out to many. I also remember some of your bad fashion moments. But still, you continued to grow and even though your bad hair-color decisions and facial groo…
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
-
https://abcnews.go.com/US/pilots-safely-landed-southwest-flight-deadly-engine-failure/story?id=55041588
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Grandma offers some Workouts tips that will make you healthier and definitely Happier..... MY personal Favorite ..... (caution: may cause severe bruised & Scabby knees)
-
- 2 replies
- 912 views
-
-
We are still working on the new site. But, to prepare all, we have had over 31,000 people join the site over the years. Most are not active of course. But, we will be removing all members for the main site and the forum who have not logged in for the past 2 years. The admins will send emails to all for about a month and then the clean up will begin. Just a heads up for you lurkers out there who never log in.
-
- 0 replies
- 709 views
- 1 follower
-
-
"If we let everybody go, there would be no one in prison." Really? Best regards, RA1
-
- 0 replies
- 690 views
-
-
Some members are experiencing log in issues. Please don't do a password reset with the Forum. Only do a password reset from the main site. If you do from forums, it will not work on main site as the two are connected. The admins are working on fixing this issue.
-
- 1 reply
- 865 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Why the universe shouldn't exist at all Very approximately, for every billion antimatter subatomic particles that were made in the Big Bang, there were a billion-and-one matter particles. The billion matter and antimatter particles were annihilated, leaving the small amount of leftover matter (the "one") that went on to make up the universe we see around us. This is accepted science. However, we don't know the process whereby the asymmetry in the laws of the universe arose. One possible explanation revolves around a class of subatomic particles called leptons. The most well-known of the leptons is the familiar electron, found around atoms. Howe…
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
In an attempt to respond to the following post by Tartegogo, I discovered my travel thread had been moved to the Sandbox. I do not feel I deserved the treatment I received. I will discuss those details privately with Oz, but until further notice, readers may consider this my last post to this board. For anyone who works in the hospitality business, the entertainment business, the publishing business, or any first class design business, staying in a luxury hotel is indeed no big deal, especially when some other corporate entity is footing the bill. It's certainly no big deal to me, as I'm sure it's no big deal to a lot of men who hire escorts when they travel. …
- 49 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
The Sun, one of the UK's many tabloids, seems to take much pleasure in displaying the booze-fueled behavior of its own citizenry vacationing in the LOS. So what? They're on holiday, they're young and they're horny. And I don't think Thais are tiring of the pounds they bring to exchange for baht. Just wish I was that young again. Continues with photos...many, many photos https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/5486982/will-thailand-be-the-next-country-to-tire-of-boozy-brits-pictures-show-drunk-tourists-behaving-badly-in-countrys-top-holiday-spots/ ------------ And if you think Brits party hardy, you should have been downtown Philadelphia after the Eagles,…
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
This is not a gay event but I have been to orgies in NYC with over 200. 500 as a world record seems low to me. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/hundreds-sex-enthusiasts-descend-las-12511948
- 1 reply
- 792 views
- 1 follower
-
It’s all falling apart now for this President* Please disregard @MsAnn ‘s and my little cheating back and forth episode. It was really just as I stated. She couldn’t keep a good man. But the real news about this presidency is happening there and it’s an important forum to visit and participate in right now.
- 22 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
I have never spray tan, but I am considering it now due to health and medical reasons. Does anyone have any experience or comments they would like to offer me? I have always been a summer lover, and have always tanned the natural way, achieving that golden glow that made me feel more attractive and confident during the summer months. However, due to the combinations of medication I am currently taking I have been advised by my doctors to stay out of the sun. In addition, for the past 2 months I have been suffering with a severe sciatic inflammation, due to a ruptured back disk that needs correction, and my comfort and mobility are greatly affected. So even ly…
-
- 2 replies
- 841 views
-
-
Grandma is disappointed in the photos of Nick Jonas' package, as he recently appeared with Bear Grylls in an episode where there went "ice dipping".... Now I know cold shrinks the "meat", but doesnt look like there's too much potatoes either ? Plus starting to look like he's getting a "Dad Bod".... (thick in the waistline) . Nick, PLEASE dont let yourself go... You know how fickle us GAYS are ! He even got some "Love Handles"....
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
What is this, @TotallyOz? I thought you were living in Thailand, were 125 years old, and weighted 450 pounds. https://www.boytoy.com/#boytoy-profile/TotallyOz
- 1 reply
- 915 views
- 1 follower
-
Perhaps I am getting old, but the action was great and just way too many story lines and I hated the end. But, the action was there.
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
From South China Morning Post The first phase of clinical tests for an affordable Hepatitis C treatment has yielded a high cure rate, according to Thailand’s Department of Disease Control. Started in 2016, the clinical trial testing the combined set of Sofosbuvir+Ravidasvir with 81 patients showed 97 per cent of them reacted positively to the treatment, Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, chief of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) says. “It’s a good sign telling us that patients with Hepatitis C will have the opportunity to access medicine at an affordable price. It is also a significant step for our hopes of eliminating the disease in the future,” said Mr…
-
From NYTimes Temples, floating markets, candlelight cruises, massages: you can create your own water-themed tour. The boat ride on the Mae Klong River in central Thailand was billed as a firefly cruise, but there was no sign of the blinking bugs a half-hour into our nighttime ride. We were on a narrow, wooden craft in Samut Songkhram, a small province about an hour southwest of Bangkok with a dozen other tourists in pairs on wooden benches. The engine roared as we plowed through the glossy, black water. The only lights came from the balconied hotels and elevated pagodas on the shore, and from a temple with a startlingly large and hunched black Buddh…
-
-
Fascinated at the responses to Rockhard's travel thread (everyone must love him to be so passionate about him). I felt a bit guilty that I have not contributed a good review recently. I hope this helps! Walking into the Burger King, the first thing that envelopes you is the ambiance. While many trendy restaurants these days attempt a muted, minimalist look, with subtle tans and creamy whites, this restaurant announces itself to you. Bright colors abound, making a statement that an era of fashionable dining is just around the corner. But more than that, it seems like a comment on the way culinary progress has become nearly imperialist in the post-Michelin era. On…
- 27 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
I am arriving on Friday noon and staying until Monday morning. A lot of people from Daddy's is attending, and an interesting and diverse group of professionals. Is anyone from Boytoy attending the year?
-
The principal of the site, Jeffery Hurrant, has pleaded guilty to "Promoting Prostitution" and "Conspiracy to commit Money Laundering" and may be sentenced to jail time and will face penalties of at least $10,000,000 , sentencing is set for February 2,2017 http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/rentboy-ceo-pleads-guilty-promoting-prostitution-42646481
- 8 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower